Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeff Demps wont be available until mid-season « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#45 : April 30, 2013, 02:38:46 PM

It's not like he's out trying to hit a curveball.  He's a world class sprinter.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#46 : April 30, 2013, 02:41:44 PM

Last year was an Olympic year so of course he didn't play much for the patriots.  However this year his last competition is in August.  After that he should have plenty of time to focus on football.  If not they have options.  They don't have to release him or put him on injured reserve.  So we traded Blount a guy who barely saw the field for a speed demon that might help us in the return game or make a move to slot receiver.  I liked Blount but this isn't that bad of a trade.

Blount was traded for a 7th round pick.  He would have been cut.  Demps wasn't a pat until after the Olympics.  Billychick picked him up on spec, as he often does... like playing rummy.  Dominik just wants his chance at that spec.  It's almost the same thing he did to get Blount in the first place.  Taking a chance on talented players isn't a bad thing.

Exactly. Blount was not going to be a part of the 2014 team. So rather just cut him and get nothing we got a pick which we used to move up in the draft and Demps. It doesn't matter if Demps never sees the field in a Bucs uniform, not the point. Blount was gone, get something, anything for him rather than nothing. Demps is just a nice little bonus to see what happens.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#47 : April 30, 2013, 02:45:12 PM

My gut tells me he's not gonna get a pass like Deion or Bo with Coach S...it sets a bad precedent and runs contrary to why he was hired in the first place.

I also don't think the situation is as black and white as some would like to think...I assume there were conversations with Demps or his reps prior to the deal going down to gauge the situation otherwise it was simply Blount for a 7th rounder.
you mean your gut tells you that Coach S, who last year cut two vets for not attending a voluntary mini camp, is not going to let some fringe player who has never even played one down in this league join the team after the season has started?  I'd trust your gut!
: April 30, 2013, 02:52:44 PM Skull and Bones

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#48 : April 30, 2013, 02:49:29 PM

...and the opening day roster stays set for the entire season?

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#49 : April 30, 2013, 02:50:57 PM

My gut tells me he's not gonna get a pass like Deion or Bo with Coach S...it sets a bad precedent and runs contrary to why he was hired in the first place.

I also don't think the situation is as black and white as some would like to think...I assume there were conversations with Demps or his reps prior to the deal going down to gauge the situation otherwise it was simply Blount for a 7th rounder.

well to be fair Deion and Bo are completely different cases from this. those guys are HOF freak talent and dont come along very often. if you think the FO didnt discuss this scenario with his agent then you are sorely mistaken. we wouldnt just make this deal for the hell of it
did it occur to you that the rights for Demp were just thrown onto the Blount trade at the last minute and that all that really means is that we have a chance to try and talk him into playing football for us instead?  If he doesn't want to give up his track career we dont have to pay him crap.  There is really nothing to lose for us but I wouldn't count on him being a part of this team. 
: April 30, 2013, 02:54:21 PM Skull and Bones

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#50 : April 30, 2013, 02:52:43 PM

Lol at this board sometimes. I have no idea what the odds of him actually playing a down for us are(probably not very high). But to call him a bum? This is a guy that won silver in the Olympics for his speed. Guys like Shaun King and Albert Haynesworth, who had talent but wasted it by simply not working hard, THOSE guys are bums. A guy who wins an Olympic medal is definitely not.
Silver medal = 1st loser.  Just kidding, sort of.

wolfet

Pro Bowler

#51 : April 30, 2013, 03:05:56 PM

If Demps is our best option at KR he gets a pass, if not he won't be on the team.  I would rather have Demps than another year of a Parrish type.

Some of you lump everything together.  Preferring to workout away from the team is a bit different to trying to be one of the fastest men in the world so he can represent his country and win a medal.  I bet Demps is more committed than most.  Again, if coach S and Dom r not happy with what we have I think he gets an opportunity instead of a FA

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#52 : April 30, 2013, 03:08:36 PM

you mean your gut tells you that Coach S, who last year cut two vets for not attending a voluntary mini camp, is not going to let some fringe player who has never even played one down in this league join the team after the season has started?  I'd trust your gut!

haha....in a nutshell yes.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#53 : April 30, 2013, 03:13:34 PM

Mike James, Kevin Olgetree, and Michael Smith. One has to step up. I think it will be Smith.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#54 : April 30, 2013, 04:01:40 PM

Patriots always are on the right side of trades (some trades do go wrong for them but rarely).  If only they could hit more on their draft choices that team would be unstoppable.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#55 : April 30, 2013, 04:05:37 PM

I'm going to rage if Martin misses a few games. We may have to trade back for Blount.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#56 : April 30, 2013, 04:21:13 PM

Baller.

Send the private jet for this dude and talk him into football.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#57 : April 30, 2013, 04:23:07 PM

Haha Demps is a quitter while Blount will suit up for the Pats.

I guess Demps is a Schiano Buccaneer man afterall lulz.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#58 : April 30, 2013, 04:27:05 PM

Patriots always are on the right side of trades (some trades do go wrong for them but rarely).  If only they could hit more on their draft choices that team would be unstoppable.
Ya its amazing how fans think they've won a Super Bowl more recently than 9 years ago

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#59 : April 30, 2013, 04:48:08 PM

Still, they have been a serious Super Bowl contender every year since what 2001.  That's pretty fricking amazing.  And they are primecto win the division once again with ease and be right in the mix. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeff Demps wont be available until mid-season « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools