Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Bucs Fan « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

jwolious95

Practice Squad

: April 30, 2013, 05:58:53 AM

I'm a former Lions fan who for a short time lived in Florida. I have been a Lions fan most of my life but I just can't deal with it anymore. I'm jumping ship and going to follow what has always been my second favorite team. I've always followed the Bucs somewhat but not to the extent of the Lions. I'm looking for some input on how the team is perceived by people who have been fans for years. The frustrations of being a Lions fan are fairly obvious however my biggest is the ownerships lack of interest in winning. Any help you guys can give will be greatly appreciated and I look forward to being a part of this board.

jwolious95

Practice Squad

#1 : April 30, 2013, 06:00:50 AM

I should've added that I live in Michigan and I am a die hard Spartan fan. Drafting Gholston was a huge factor in my decision. He is a beast and I believe with proper coaching could have a very good career.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#2 : April 30, 2013, 07:06:45 AM

Wow, Lions finally start to get competitive and you jump ship - sounds like a bad time. I'd stick with your favorite team unless you moved here to Tampa Bay area.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 30, 2013, 07:11:29 AM

Morgan is one of the resident trolls. Good time to be a bucs fan providing freeman does his thing this year... I think most people generally feel better about ownership the last two seasons... Before everyone accused the glazers of being cheap

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 30, 2013, 07:18:43 AM

Support the team you live by instead of this cross-country stuff.

Our team suffers from thousands if not hundreds of thousands of football fans who don't support the Bucs but support some team thousands of miles away. We see it when their team shows up at RayJay and half the stadium is filled with these fans rooting for our opponents.

Our franchise is notorious for blackouts and 3/4 filled RayJay because of these peeps.

Support the team in your area - good or bad. If you jump ship because they're bad, you're a bandwagon fan.  Stay with your team.  Just think of all the Buc fans who wouldn't have lived the excitement of the 2002 season because they jumped ship in the 70s, 80s, 90s because the Bucs were the Yuks.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 30, 2013, 07:42:02 AM

#nurserage

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 30, 2013, 07:45:07 AM

#nurserage
clever

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 30, 2013, 08:49:39 AM

Are you saying if I were to move to Atlanta that I would have to support the f---ing Falcons?

And dont we have a few Bucs fans that come on this board from California? We also had one from Detroit too but haven't seen him post here in a while.

Zabi

Practice Squad

#8 : April 30, 2013, 08:52:36 AM

I'm a Bucs fan from Cali.  Still got my Bucs starter jacket, and I can still wear it.  :P

I'm also a huge USC fan, and I wished the Bucs drafted Barkley instead of Napoleon dynamite.

I also miss the old Bucs forums on the official TBB website.  :'(
: April 30, 2013, 08:56:28 AM Zabi

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 30, 2013, 09:01:57 AM

First, jwolious95 you're welcome to join us but I have to admit I find it odd that you're bailing on the Lions. They had a good year a couple years ago and they are a storied franchise that has had some great players in their history.

As frustrated as I get with the Buccaneers, I could never just jump ship.

As for the "support the team you live by" argument. I'm very wishy washy on this. I hate it when folks living in Tampa come to games dressed in Yankees stuff or Giants/Jets or Patriot gear. It irks me. But at the same time, as cyberdude558 said, if I moved to Atlanta or some other location far away from the Bucs - I don't see myself dropping them like an old pair of shoes. I just couldn't do it.

I would support the local team, sure, but when it came to playing the Buccaneers - I'm always rooting for Pewter and Red.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 30, 2013, 09:06:56 AM

Welcome to the Buccaneers fanbase jwolious95 and thank you for the insight on Gholston.

We've gone through some interesting quarrels as fans over our ownership as well. As you may know, the Glazers own a soccer team overseas and sometimes fans feel like they may be spending more and paying more mind to them than they are, our Buccaneers. Prior to the past few years, ownership was criticized with not spending, evidenced by our ridiculous salary cap space. Obviously, the ownership is really pushing to do more in Tampa and is starting to change the minds of many, with the acquisitions of Vincent Jackson, Carl Nicks, Darrelle Revis and Dashon Goldson.

As for fans over here at PewterReport, we're pretty much a normal bunch. We do the usual things that most fans do, talk about showering with the team's star receiver, argue over which home appliance should become the head coach, find out where the each other lives, and make up fake tweets to confuse everyone as to what is really happening.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 30, 2013, 09:07:29 AM

Support the team you want to support. I root for the Bucs, Mets and Suns. That's what I chose. Don't root for a team because they are winning, rather root FOR them to win. The other way will have you going in circles. Good luck.

In Verner We Trust

youngone

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 30, 2013, 09:32:43 AM

Our team suffers from thousands if not hundreds of thousands of football fans who don't support the Bucs but support some team thousands of miles away. We see it when their team shows up at RayJay and half the stadium is filled with these fans rooting for our opponents.

Our franchise is notorious for blackouts and 3/4 filled RayJay because of these peeps.

Support the team in your area - good or bad. If you jump ship because they're bad, you're a bandwagon fan.  Stay with your team.  Just think of all the Buc fans who wouldn't have lived the excitement of the 2002 season because they jumped ship in the 70s, 80s, 90s because the Bucs were the Yuks.
Just because you live in a certain doesn't mean you have to support garbage.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 30, 2013, 09:34:33 AM

Support the team you want to support. I root for the Bucs, Mets and Suns. That's what I chose. Don't root for a team because they are winning, rather root FOR them to win. The other way will have you going in circles. Good luck.
That's a murderers row of disappointment there lol.. I salute you sir

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 30, 2013, 09:37:54 AM

Nothing wrong with rooting for former players of your college program.  Thats how I became a Bucs fan, when they added Dunn and Brooks.  I still follow my FSU alum and pull for them individually, but not really for their team.  My dad is a Lions fan so I understand the frustration.  While I would welcome you aboard, I think switching fandom is really hard to do and could see you sliding back to the D if they worked out their kinks.  Best of luck either way.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Bucs Fan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools