Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Bucs Fan « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 30, 2013, 09:38:53 AM

That's a murderers row of disappointment there lol.. I salute you sir
[/quote]

Funniest thing Ive read in a long time...good show.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 30, 2013, 09:41:30 AM

I live in Virginia. If you told me to my face that I had to support the Redskins I'd probably punch you in the d*ck

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#17 : April 30, 2013, 09:45:45 AM

I was born in Florida but now live in North Carolina, no way in hell that I would pull for the Panthers. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 30, 2013, 09:49:09 AM

Welcome aboard.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 30, 2013, 09:53:48 AM

I'm in between Dallas and Houston. Although I am apathetic toward the Texans, no way in hell would in EVER root for a Cowboys victory...even if they played the Panthers, Falcons, or Saints in the NFC title game....well maybe against the Saints...but anyway, screw that BS about rooting for the local team. I pay just as much money as STHs do in coming to 2(sometimes 3) games a year, so any bitter locals with that attitude that Morgana puts forth, can get f**ked.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#20 : April 30, 2013, 10:00:46 AM

I live in Virginia. If you told me to my face that I had to support the Redskins I'd probably punch you in the d*ck

That sounds gay.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 30, 2013, 10:01:05 AM

I live 10 mins on the highway from Dolphins stadium and there is no way in hell I would root for those bums. I would cheer for them to lose to a high school team if I could.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 30, 2013, 10:02:04 AM

Morgan is absurd. Really is.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 30, 2013, 10:04:35 AM

I'm a former Lions fan who for a short time lived in Florida. I have been a Lions fan most of my life but I just can't deal with it anymore. I'm jumping ship and going to follow what has always been my second favorite team. I've always followed the Bucs somewhat but not to the extent of the Lions. I'm looking for some input on how the team is perceived by people who have been fans for years. The frustrations of being a Lions fan are fairly obvious however my biggest is the ownerships lack of interest in winning. Any help you guys can give will be greatly appreciated and I look forward to being a part of this board.

If you're going to jump ship because you don't like the direction of the team, you're really picking the wrong team in the Bucs. This franchise has had more periods of time (decades) where the team had absolutely no direction and made decisions based solely  on making a profit rather than fielding a successful team.   The last two seasons the Glazers just so happen to be opening the purse-strings.

Would recommend finding a franchise more consistent in maintaining a franchise. There are many around - and I'm sure there's a former MSU Spartan player on their squad as well.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 30, 2013, 10:08:11 AM

As for the "support the team you live by" argument. I'm very wishy washy on this. I hate it when folks living in Tampa come to games dressed in Yankees stuff or Giants/Jets or Patriot gear. It irks me. But at the same time, as cyberdude558 said, if I moved to Atlanta or some other location far away from the Bucs - I don't see myself dropping them like an old pair of shoes. I just couldn't do it.

Only Buc fans who have to sit amongst these idiot opponent fans would understand.  I recall the Steelers' game where it seemed there were more Steeler fans than Buc fans at RayJay.  I remember standing outside the stadium and seeing these people get out of their FLA-licensed cars while wearing Steeler-clad jerseys. It was sickening.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 30, 2013, 10:09:25 AM

I could never abandon the Bucs, but welcome aboard, nonetheless.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 30, 2013, 10:12:25 AM

I'm a former Lions fan who for a short time lived in Florida. I have been a Lions fan most of my life but I just can't deal with it anymore. I'm jumping ship and going to follow what has always been my second favorite team. I've always followed the Bucs somewhat but not to the extent of the Lions. I'm looking for some input on how the team is perceived by people who have been fans for years. The frustrations of being a Lions fan are fairly obvious however my biggest is the ownerships lack of interest in winning. Any help you guys can give will be greatly appreciated and I look forward to being a part of this board.

If you're going to jump ship because you don't like the direction of the team, you're really picking the wrong team in the Bucs. This franchise has had more periods of time (decades) where the team had absolutely no direction and made decisions based solely  on making a profit rather than fielding a successful team.   The last two seasons the Glazers just so happen to be opening the purse-strings.

Would recommend finding a franchise more consistent in maintaining a franchise. There are many around - and I'm sure there's a former MSU Spartan player on their squad as well.
I recommend that you stop worrying about what somebody else wants to do. If he wants to root for the bucs then he has every right to. Joy and misery for all who wants it.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 30, 2013, 10:23:23 AM

I was born in and currently live in Atlanta. No chance in hell I'm rooting for the Falcons over the Bucs.

I lived in St. Pete from 1st grade until 8th grade, which is the point in time that I became a football fan. So thankful that happened...it's hilarious holding over Falcons fans' heads that the Bucs have a ring and they don't!

Anyway, welcome aboard. I'm not going to alienate anyone that wants to become a Bucs fan. It can be frustrating, just like any other team, but man they're a fun team to follow. We have ups and downs, but that's better than nothing but downs (see: Raiders, Browns, Bills). It seems like there's reason for optimism every year.

goonie40

Second String
#28 : April 30, 2013, 10:23:59 AM

Welcome aboard!!  Ive been a Bucs fan since the early 90's and have never set foot in Florida, for the simple fact that as a kid people liked the local teams (ie seahawks and niners as im from oregon) and the national teams (steelers and cowboys mainly).  Let the man choose to be a fan of whoever he wants, he said the Bucs were his second favorite!!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 30, 2013, 10:24:45 AM

I was born in Florida but now live in North Carolina, no way in hell that I would pull for the Panthers.
I'd say the majority of people in Tampa were born somewhere else in the United States - RayJay might have a few hundred people in the stands if everyone supported the team from where they were born and not the Bucs.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Bucs Fan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools