Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Bucs Fan « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#75 : April 30, 2013, 07:18:03 PM

I'll say this :

Real fans do more than simply cheer for a team , they bleed with thier team , so I'm not quite sure I can understand the mindset that could allow someone to switch that allegiance at the drop of a hat. 

Not judging , just sayin...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#76 : April 30, 2013, 07:21:55 PM

If you move to a new city, and live there for 5-10 yrs, the players of your old favorite team are long gone and most likely the head coach and even the GM are gone.  Other than the logo, there's nothing left from your "old team".  Good time to switch allegiances to your new town's team - especially if you're going to live there for the rest of your life like many do in Tampa/STP.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#77 : April 30, 2013, 07:26:19 PM

why is this such an issue morgan? let the guy be. He never asked for the thread to go this way. You made it into this.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#78 : April 30, 2013, 07:28:27 PM

Ahh, Welcome, 'Me buc-o! It appears to me Morgan and a very few others are giving you a hard time. Looks like you may need some context. Come! Sit on uncle Beatles' knee, that I may tell you a tale!

Back in 2010, a newbie to the world of football came unto the RedBoard. He was originally a Dolphins fan growing up, but he had been so young as a phins fan he could not get into them! He discovered later inn life that he identified better with the Buccaneers. Win/loss record be damned, there was something about them he connected to. So, after seeing the game that week or so in 2010, he joined up, full of optimism and a burning desire to follow the team.

Some, however, were quick to dismiss him. The Bucs, he didn't realize at the time. were a fanbase VERY tired of mediocrity and generally tended to view things negatively because of it. They had been through every conceivable football hell you can imagine. From missing out of years worth of talent to seasons of false hope and broken dreams, they'd seen it all. As such, many scoffed and called him a bandwagoner and declaired he'd be gone in the next few seasons, if that long.

Morgan was one of these people and soon gave him a ton of flack, calling him young and naive. He was of the mindset that the Bucs had screwed season ticket holders like himself for far too long, and he had worn out the "Novelty" of football games being experiences in person. He had grown old, bitter, and jaded at much of the Bucs' past decisions and therefore, seeing this young fan made him roll his eyes, i'm certain.

Well sir, that fan was determined to prove those people wrong. He KEPT his positive outlook, and even though he has been put through the ringer more times than he can probably count, he HAS earned his fair share of people who enjoy him being here and love his posts. Once he actually settled in, took the good with the bad, and made a COMMITMENT to his fandom for the team, he was able to find the respect he had to work so hard to earn. Today, that person is still here, still posting, and still as big a fan as ever. More than that, it's his hope that people will join and siscover that same passion.

That person...

is me.

*Shakes hand* I'm Beatles. and WELCOME to the best fanbase in football. You may have to earn your stripes at first, but when you're in, you're in for life! Ignore the doubters, enjoy your stay, and enjoy the TEAM!

GO BUCS! :)

I can attest to the fact that Beatles is king of the sheep errrr diehards. Well, his faith and optimism may soon pay off. And I will be the first to shake his hand and express my admiration for his blind faith homerism ability to stand by his team.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#79 : April 30, 2013, 07:32:26 PM

;)

Admit it Traew, I have never faltered. Every thing that hasn't worked i've took in stride with a few rare instances.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#80 : April 30, 2013, 07:37:05 PM

Beatles, can we still find you posting in the Carolina Panther's message board as "NumberOnePantherFan" when you're not here posting?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#81 : April 30, 2013, 07:38:31 PM

Yet another  example of anti-Beatles propaganda.

I'd still like to know who made that account.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#82 : April 30, 2013, 07:38:57 PM

;)

Admit it Traew, I have never faltered. Every thing that hasn't worked i've took in stride with a few rare instances.

Beatles, you know I have respect for you. Wish I had your optimism - but I just do not. Perhaps being a Bucs fan for 37 years has made me this way. I didnt use to be like this. But as I have said all along - I am a die hard. Complaining is much different than going away completely. We may look at the way this team has done things differently, and react differently, but we are both huge fans. And I will always buy those season tickets. And I am growing more optimistic by the day. And God willing, I will be there the next time we hold up that Lombardi Trophy. 

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#83 : April 30, 2013, 08:50:23 PM

I think Morgan is a failed AI program that went rogue. He has the rationality capabilities of a jaded 8 year old and all he can do is hate.

YOU Beatles. You look like the mad scientist that brought him into this world because that scientist was your great-great-great grandfather.

Morgan can only soothe his restless 1's and 0's by destroying you.

He knew one day you would come to the Pewter Report forum.

For years he's been watching.

Waiting.

Anticipating your every move.

It's time Beatles. Put it out of its misery or it will consume you.

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#84 : April 30, 2013, 08:51:45 PM

Beatles, can we still find you posting in the Carolina Panther's message board as "NumberOnePantherFan" when you're not here posting?

Beatles,  I've seen this accusation floated around before, so I'm just curious, is this in fact true or just a baseless insult?  Thanks....

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#85 : April 30, 2013, 09:03:31 PM

I think Morgan is a failed AI program that went rogue. He has the rationality capabilities of a jaded 8 year old and all he can do is hate.

YOU Beatles. You look like the mad scientist that brought him into this world because that scientist was your great-great-great grandfather.

Morgan can only soothe his restless 1's and 0's by destroying you.

He knew one day you would come to the Pewter Report forum.

For years he's been watching.

Waiting.

Anticipating your every move.

It's time Beatles. Put it out of its misery or it will consume you.
it's me it wants, Freesus. I cannot destroy it. It and I are bonded together by some cruel, unrelenting fate...I wish for it to die and for it's evil to be sentenced to hell where it belongs...

But I know...

Hell will not have it.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#86 : April 30, 2013, 09:06:39 PM

Beatles,  I've seen this accusation floated around before, so I'm just curious, is this in fact true or just a baseless insult?  Thanks....
It's awful, isn't it?

It is 100%, absolutely, positively, unequivocally. NOT TRUE.

If I even enter the Panthers' stadium GOD FORBID, they'd have to throw me out for all the booing I do at them!

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#87 : April 30, 2013, 09:13:28 PM

It's awful, isn't it?

It is 100%, absolutely, positively, unequivocally. NOT TRUE.

If I even enter the Panthers' stadium GOD FORBID, they'd have to throw me out for all the booing I do at them!

Okay, thanks- glad to hear it.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#88 : April 30, 2013, 09:50:46 PM

Support the team you want to support. I root for the Bucs, Mets and Suns. That's what I chose. Don't root for a team because they are winning, rather root FOR them to win. The other way will have you going in circles. Good luck.
That's a murderers row of disappointment there lol.. I salute you sir
Thanks. The Suns have tortured me the most (no titles in almost 38 years of fandom). The Mets have the worst owners. But I wear and own Bucs apparel the most. I never get tired of our logo.

In Verner We Trust

grizzx12

Practice Squad

#89 : April 30, 2013, 10:02:54 PM

Support the team you want to support. I root for the Bucs, Mets and Suns. That's what I chose. Don't root for a team because they are winning, rather root FOR them to win. The other way will have you going in circles. Good luck.
That's a murderers row of disappointment there lol.. I salute you sir

For what it's worth, the grab bag of oddities I root for are the Bucs, Grizzlies, Pirates, Winnipeg Jets, oh and Joe Nemechek (A Florida native)!! Im also in my early 20s so if it weren't for our Super Bowl, I'd have nothing; hell, I was 3 the last time the Pirates had a winning record!!
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Bucs Fan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools