Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Bucs Fan « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9

Bucsfan0124

Rookie

#90 : April 30, 2013, 10:13:40 PM

I live in Utah, when I first started watching football around the age of 4, I noticed the coolest damn sports logo I had ever seen. That is how I became a Bucs fan. And that tiny thing has led me to become as diehard a fan as anyone. Maybe more so, most of you had the Bucs forced on you because of where you live, I chose them and suffered through years of crap even though I had no regional obligations ;) I try and fly down to Tampa as often as possible to see games. So Morgan, if I can manage airfare, hotel, rental car, and tickets to see one game. Then damn right I'll say Tampa residents are spoiled and need to go to more games. Come down here with nothing but the stinking Jazz. Then you will all realize how lucky you are. And while I could never simply switch teams because I didn't like the direction they were taking, I'm not asking everyone to be as diehard as I am. Welcome aboard!

grizzx12

Practice Squad

#91 : April 30, 2013, 11:30:32 PM

I live in Utah, when I first started watching football around the age of 4, I noticed the coolest damn sports logo I had ever seen. That is how I became a Bucs fan. And that tiny thing has led me to become as diehard a fan as anyone. Maybe more so, most of you had the Bucs forced on you because of where you live, I chose them and suffered through years of crap even though I had no regional obligations ;) I try and fly down to Tampa as often as possible to see games. So Morgan, if I can manage airfare, hotel, rental car, and tickets to see one game. Then damn right I'll say Tampa residents are spoiled and need to go to more games. Come down here with nothing but the stinking Jazz. Then you will all realize how lucky you are. And while I could never simply switch teams because I didn't like the direction they were taking, I'm not asking everyone to be as diehard as I am. Welcome aboard!

^^^This^^^ I really dont remember why I became a Bucs fan but I do have pictures of myself in a Bucs uniform at about 6 years old and have VHS tapes of Bucs games from 94-96 (age 5-7). Being from upsatate NY, Scotia for the other upstater I saw on here, I will never have any allegiance to NYC teams. Also excited that now that I'm out of school and employed, I'm going to fly down for 2 games this year!!!

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#92 : May 01, 2013, 01:25:28 AM

I think Morgan is a failed AI program that went rogue. He has the rationality capabilities of a jaded 8 year old and all he can do is hate.

YOU Beatles. You look like the mad scientist that brought him into this world because that scientist was your great-great-great grandfather.

Morgan can only soothe his restless 1's and 0's by destroying you.

He knew one day you would come to the Pewter Report forum.

For years he's been watching.

Waiting.

Anticipating your every move.

It's time Beatles. Put it out of its misery or it will consume you.
it's me it wants, Freesus. I cannot destroy it. It and I are bonded together by some cruel, unrelenting fate...I wish for it to die and for it's evil to be sentenced to hell where it belongs...

But I know...

Hell will not have it.

There's an old prophecy, Beat

Search upon the pewter board
There you will find trolls in a horde
One troll is king of the rest
Obliterate him, as this is your test
With the red fluid of the slain
Your path should be quite plain
The loathing one can be defeated
Pour the fluid into his circuits, he shall be heated

Do you understand Beatles? The troll king. Who could that be?

jwolious95

Practice Squad

#93 : May 01, 2013, 01:37:31 AM

Welcome Aboard!

Now all we need is another 12-15k of New Bucs Fans and we can sell out some home games!   :)

'cept I don't think the OP will be buying tickets to our home games, will you OP?

No, unfortunately I won't be attending many home games as I live in Michigan. My younger brother however attends nearly all home games and lives right by the stadium. I'm sure I'll make some in the near future. However I will be at the Bucs Lions game the Sunday before Thanksgiving.

jwolious95

Practice Squad

#94 : May 01, 2013, 01:40:52 AM

You sure you wouldn't rather be a Steelers' fan. No guarantees that Gholston will make the starting squad, anyway....looks like the Steelers have more ex-Spartans on their roster.

Michigan State Alumni in the NFL...........

Edwin Baker   San Diego Chargers   Running Back
Le'Veon Bell   Pittsburgh Steelers   Running Back
Plaxico Burress   Pittsburgh Steelers   Wide Receiver

Garrett Celek   San Francisco 49ers   Tight End
Kyle Cook   Cincinnati Bengals   Center
Kirk Cousins   Washington Redskins   Quarterback
B.J. Cunningham   Philadelphia Eagles   Wide Receiver
Kellen Davis   Cleveland Browns   Tight End
Brandon Fields   Miami Dolphins   Punter
William Gholston   Tampa Bay Buccaneers   Defensive End
Brian Hoyer   Arizona Cardinals   Quarterback
Greg K. Jones   Jacksonville Jaguars   Linebacker
Keshawn Martin   Houston Texans   Wide Receiver
Brandon McKinney   Indianapolis Colts   Nose Tackle
Ogemdi Nwagbuo   Detroit Lions   Defensive Tackle
Domata Peko   Cincinnati Bengals   Defensive Tackle
Trenton Robinson   San Francisco 49ers   Safety
Dion Sims   Miami Dolphins   Tight End
Drew Stanton   Arizona Cardinals   Quarterback
Devin Thomas   Detroit Lions   Wide Receiver
Kevin Vickerson   Denver Broncos   Defensive Tackle
Ross Weaver   Detroit Lions   Cornerback
Jerel Worthy   Green Bay Packers   Defensive End
D.J. Young   New York Jets   Offensive Lineman

While Gholston being drafted by the Bucs was another reason to root for them, I had lived in Florida for years and have always been a Bucs fan. I just always cheered a little harder for the Lions. My dad and brother both live in Tampa and Lakeland so I keep up with what's going on. It's not just a State thing at all.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#95 : May 01, 2013, 01:41:12 AM

We're glad you're here :)

I dare not speak it's name, Freesus.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Psych

Starter

#96 : May 01, 2013, 01:44:41 AM

I'm a Bucs fan from Maine.

When I was 4-5 years old, I had Joe Montana football for the NES. I loved to play as the Bucs, because their Players/Shapes were orange and they have been my team ever since.

It sucks that the fans in Tampa are **CENSORED**ty, but that doesn't mean that I have to switch teams, because the people that actually live in the area refuse to go to their games. I'll proudly be repping the red and pewter against the Jets and the Pats. I'm even flying down to Tampa for the game against the Niners.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#97 : May 01, 2013, 01:48:43 AM

Not all of us, psych =p

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#98 : May 01, 2013, 03:55:52 AM

We're glad you're here :)

I dare not speak it's name, Freesus.

He who must not be named, must be named! Beatles come on! You can do this!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#99 : May 01, 2013, 06:30:24 AM

When I was 4-5 years old, I had Joe Montana football for the NES. I loved to play as the Bucs, because their Players/Shapes were orange and they have been my team ever since.

It sucks that the fans in Tampa are **CENSORED**ty, but that doesn't mean that I have to switch teams, because the people that actually live in the area refuse to go to their games. I'll proudly be repping the red and pewter against the Jets and the Pats. I'm even flying down to Tampa for the game against the Niners.

Props to you. You really don't have a local team to support in Maine - so you're really not robbing your local franchise of support like the 100k+ transplants who live down here and never adopt the Bucs, even after living here 20-30 yrs. Props for going to games at RayJay.   

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#100 : May 01, 2013, 04:19:30 PM

Nice I live in Michigan too (wolverine fan tho) I'll be @ ford field week 12

Go Bucs

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#101 : May 01, 2013, 05:26:25 PM

Props to you. You really don't have a local team to support in Maine - so you're really not robbing your local franchise of support like the 100k+ transplants who live down here and never adopt the Bucs, even after living here 20-30 yrs.

I absolutely hate that crap. It's like no one wants to support their local economy.

We've got a ton of Boston people like that down here and it's sickening. I've been calling their asses out on it too when they bring up RJS not selling out.

It's like, "you LIVE here idiot, but you want to follow some team up north that doesn't give a rat's behind about you? At least if you spend it here, the local economy gets better (which would help you). Rooting for the other guy far, far away does nothing but protect your ego."

I was raised here in Florida. But If i moved, I would presume to make new ties in the community I moved to, including a new team. That just means I cannot move to Philly, Atlanta, neworleans, or either N/S Carolina. Regardless, I support my neighbors. The same can't be said of these tourists that act like they want to live here, but can't actually handle living here in the summer.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

jwolious95

Practice Squad

#102 : May 01, 2013, 06:29:46 PM

Well you know what I'm going to say then.....GO GREEN!!!!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#103 : May 01, 2013, 07:22:32 PM

Props to you. You really don't have a local team to support in Maine - so you're really not robbing your local franchise of support like the 100k+ transplants who live down here and never adopt the Bucs, even after living here 20-30 yrs.

I absolutely hate that crap. It's like no one wants to support their local economy.

We've got a ton of Boston people like that down here and it's sickening. I've been calling their asses out on it too when they bring up RJS not selling out.

It's like, "you LIVE here idiot, but you want to follow some team up north that doesn't give a rat's behind about you? At least if you spend it here, the local economy gets better (which would help you). Rooting for the other guy far, far away does nothing but protect your ego."

I was raised here in Florida. But If i moved, I would presume to make new ties in the community I moved to, including a new team. That just means I cannot move to Philly, Atlanta, neworleans, or either N/S Carolina. Regardless, I support my neighbors. The same can't be said of these tourists that act like they want to live here, but can't actually handle living here in the summer.

LOL - nice of you to show up on page 7 of this thread while I've been taking heat about the same point of view.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#104 : May 01, 2013, 08:33:34 PM

Same here

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: New Bucs Fan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools