Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING!: Green Bay Packers news conference 5:00PM EST « previous next »
Page: 1

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

: April 30, 2013, 04:11:40 PM

BREAKING!: Green Bay Packers news conference 5:00PM EST

(AP) The Green Bay Packers are expected to announce that they are the 1st gay football team ever.

Earlier this week, sort-of-gay part-time basketball player Jason Collins admitted that he played for the Washington Wizards, an announcement which drew nationwide support and sympathy.
While Collins admitted he's only been gay for a little while, the Packers are expected to reveal that they've been "gay forever-- and we mean Village People/ Liberace gay".

NFL Network plans to carry the conference live.

:-*

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : April 30, 2013, 04:14:33 PM

I heard Tampa Bay Buccanqueers of the 80s and early 90s already were rewarded the label as the first all gay team.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 30, 2013, 04:16:12 PM

0/10, would not read again.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 30, 2013, 04:16:31 PM

I heard Tampa Bay Buccanqueers of the 80s and early 90s already were rewarded the label as the first all gay team.

"BLASPHEMER!!!!"   :D

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#4 : April 30, 2013, 04:32:41 PM

all except that '79 team

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 30, 2013, 05:45:35 PM

The slurs toward the Bucs during those years I heard the most was similar to that one...but with "Tampon Bay" and an F instead of a B for your version of the team name.

Never forget the Chicago writer who called the Bucs "the pastel footwipes from the tropics."

Those were some interesting times.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING!: Green Bay Packers news conference 5:00PM EST « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools