Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One name remains missing from the Ring « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 05, 2013, 11:03:57 AM

If Doug gets in, and there are a few more seasons of losing, we might as well put freeman in the roh too.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#16 : May 05, 2013, 11:15:51 AM

If Doug gets in, and there are a few more seasons of losing, we might as well put freeman in the roh too.

Gotta disagree w/ you on that comparison. Three playoff appearances for DW, not a single one for Freeman. DW: only starting QB in the NFL at the time. Freeman: one of many Black QBs (some list up to seven).

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#17 : May 05, 2013, 11:22:47 AM

Doesn't matter what color he was, he still sucked!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 05, 2013, 11:23:51 AM

Gotta disagree w/ you on that comparison. Three playoff appearances for DW, not a single one for Freeman. DW: only starting QB in the NFL at the time. Freeman: one of many Black QBs (some list up to seven).

You might be right, although I don't think the talent pool was as deep a cross the league, or division, as it is now.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 05, 2013, 11:38:45 AM

Williams wasn't very good and road the coattails of a fantastic defense. He doesn't belong in the Bucs ROH.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 05, 2013, 11:48:30 AM

mcKay name need to come off if record has anything to do w/ it.

DejaVu

Starter

#21 : May 05, 2013, 01:54:50 PM

Doug Williams led the Bucs to the playoffs 3 times.   Freeman hasn't led the Bucs to anything but failure.   Williams = winner, Freeman = loser.   Period.

Please don't ever compare those 2 again.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 05, 2013, 02:17:53 PM

Doug Williams led the Bucs to the playoffs 3 times.   Freeman hasn't led the Bucs to anything but failure.   Williams = winner, Freeman = loser.   Period.

Please don't ever compare those 2 again.

I'll compare who I want, went I want internet tough guy.  ;)

Williams was a good player, no doubt, but he also had a good defense, something josh has never had here. Despite that, he's put up numbers, that if on any other team with an average defense, would've taken them to playoffs.

Doug is close, but it's like, if we let him in, why not this guy, or this guy.. somewhere it has to stop so that there is a reason for it to be special.

Now, if the skins want to do a ROH type thing with him, god bless them.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 05, 2013, 02:24:29 PM

Sorry but I disagree. Doug Williams was the 1st Bucs QB to make the team relevant but he wasn't with the Team long enough to earn a spot in the Ring of Honor IMO.

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 05, 2013, 03:56:57 PM

One in a long list of second tier Bucs players. There are more deserving members and those should start with HOFers. #55 should be next.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 05, 2013, 03:58:22 PM

Weird, I was waiting for it to be John Gruden...or Brooks, or Lynch, or not Doug Williams.

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#26 : May 05, 2013, 04:40:32 PM

Weird, I was waiting for it to be John Gruden...or Brooks, or Lynch, or not Doug Williams.

Jon.

If we're looking at fringe guys, I would rather put Brad Johnson or Warrick Dunn in before Williams.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 05, 2013, 04:47:48 PM

Hardy is the guy that I want in.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 05, 2013, 05:00:24 PM

Jon.

If we're looking at fringe guys, I would rather put Brad Johnson or Warrick Dunn in before Williams.
I rather put in Raheem Morris before Williams.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 05, 2013, 05:02:01 PM

Not until all of our good players from the 97-02 era are in. That era is the only reason the Bucs haven't been shipped out of town, and the only reason this franchise isn't a joke. I can't remember who is in the ROH at this moment, but Brooks, Lynch, Rice, Alstott, Nickerson, even Brian Kelly and Brad Johnson belong in there before Williams.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One name remains missing from the Ring « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools