Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What rookie do you think has the best opportunity to crack the starting lineup ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 06, 2013, 06:28:45 PM

Doesn't sound like Means is gonna when undrafted tryout guys are making him their beotch.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 06, 2013, 06:42:09 PM

Spence because the team wants him to.

Banks will probably be the "nickel" and play in nickel sets with Wright moving to cover the slot.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#17 : May 06, 2013, 06:48:27 PM

If Greg has his way it would be both Banks and Glennon.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 06, 2013, 06:49:04 PM

DT isn't a position most rookies come in and start right away.  Especially ones that left college early.  Remember how Miller looked as a rookie or as a 2nd year player and he was far more ready to play.  Wouldn't get my hopes up for Spence just being a rotational guy this year. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 06, 2013, 06:53:57 PM

I would say Banks.  That depends on a lot though.  Like Eric looking good in camp.  Then they ease Banks in.  If Eric looks shaky, Banks could start right away.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 06, 2013, 07:39:30 PM

Banks is the obvious choice if any rookie has a chance. Unfortunately i think Gholston will crack the starting lineup due to injury to one of the starting ends.

If there was an injury I'd imagine DTN would go in before Gholston

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 07, 2013, 02:12:26 AM

Banks is the obvious choice if any rookie has a chance. Unfortunately i think Gholston will crack the starting lineup due to injury to one of the starting ends.

If there was an injury I'd imagine DTN would go in before Gholston

Agree.   From what I have read, Gholston has raw talent, but lacks fundamentals.   Hopefully they get him straightened out.  Might take awhile though.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

watson

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 07, 2013, 03:24:01 AM

Glennon.  With the amount of hits a QB takes during the year there is a good chance that JF will have to sit out a game at some point. 

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 07, 2013, 05:52:07 AM

Both Gholston and Means are raw at this point.  They need work, of course.  Means, of the two, is probably more raw/needs more work.

Will probably see some rotational stuff, but mostly ST duty.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 07, 2013, 05:59:33 AM

Banks will start on day one. Hopefully none of the other draftees will ever step on the field. I'd like to get better talent wise.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 07, 2013, 09:23:10 AM

Banks will start on day one. Hopefully none of the other draftees will ever step on the field. I'd like to get better talent wise.
Amazing

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 07, 2013, 04:10:53 PM

So Grimm is saying he/she hopes that only Banks is the one to take a regular season snap? 

Troll.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 08, 2013, 06:19:30 AM

Other than Banks which rookie is better than our current players?

I don't think any of them are.

Why would you want sub-par players taking the field?  Why do you hate the Bucs and want them to fail?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 08, 2013, 10:36:49 AM

Ah,  because NFL coaching doesn't matter.... and players are always what they will be - stagnant.  (heavy blue font emphasis)

Entitled to your opinion...   but obvious troll is a troll.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 08, 2013, 11:09:53 AM

Other than Banks which rookie is better than our current players?

I don't think any of them are.

Why would you want sub-par players taking the field?  Why do you hate the Bucs and want them to fail?

I think the question is which rookie has the best CHANCE to earn a starting role. No one wants to see worse players to play instead of better ones.
For instance, i do not think Glennon will play next year, and hope for not seeing him start, because i do not think he will be better than Freeman next year. But if he IS better than Freeman next year, and he has a slim chance to be better than him, i want Josh to ride the bench.

But other than Banks i just see Spence as a potential starter this year, not considering injuries etc. Actually i would be surprised, a bit disappointed to be honest, if Banks does not beat our Wright &Co. Normall DTs have issues playing early.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What rookie do you think has the best opportunity to crack the starting lineup ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools