Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Negotiations with Mike Williams not going well? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

bucs449

Hall of Famer

: May 07, 2013, 11:51:03 PM

I might be reading too much into this, but here are a couple of his most recent tweets.

@Mikebuc19: If they do they do! If they don't they don't! Like my mom always say I'm a different breed PROVE THEM WROUNG!

@Mikebuc19: A million followers on twitter get you paid?

Mateen

Starter

#1 : May 07, 2013, 11:57:14 PM

Lol. This will surely get him the contract that he wants.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#2 : May 08, 2013, 12:02:41 AM

"I'm A Soldier!"

I hate that mentality. Be thankful you're in the league at all and play well, then your money will come. You're nothing until you prove it. What mike did last season was enough for an extension, but saying "IMMA PROVE THEM WRONG" is not the same as doing it, or even being humble about it.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 08, 2013, 01:25:42 AM

He probably thinks he deserves #1 WR money.

We are not going to pay him #1 money to be a #2 guy. Dom will let him hit FA if that's his attitude about it.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#4 : May 08, 2013, 01:35:06 AM

I really hope he doesn't walk next season, but I'm thinking he does. If he puts up a 1,000 year 10 plus TD season...he is going to make some serious cash.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 08, 2013, 02:49:01 AM

I think he sticks around.  He has it made here. Its nice playing behind one of the best WR's in the league.  And I don't think the Bucs will low ball him, they know his value and have the cap room.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 08, 2013, 05:00:06 AM

I seem to remember several times where i brought it up.... about teams AREN'T paying their #2 AFTER paying big money for their #1 WR..........

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1304352.0.html

That being said, if I were the Bucs, I would have gone out and gotten a REAL slot WR this offseason-- that way we'd have 3 WRs for this season and then could make some smart money moves going into next offseason.
As it stands, we're rolling with 2 WRs this season-- AND maybe let MW walk after 2013 (down to 1).

This offseason has been a "C" in my books, but that's another topic....

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 08, 2013, 08:29:09 AM

Almost every contract Dominik has written has made a player one of the five highest paid at their positions. Not easy to play hardball after you gave Quincy Black $35 million.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 08, 2013, 08:48:17 AM

Almost every contract Dominik has written has made a player one of the five highest paid at their positions. Not easy to play hardball after you gave Quincy Black $35 million.
SMH - won't forget that one anytime soon, or a couple of other gems like Wright and Clayton....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 08, 2013, 08:57:36 AM

Don't know if it is even feasible because I'm not a contract expert but could the Bucs cut VJ after this year to pay MW like a 1?  Would you be willing to cut bait on Jackson in order to keep the younger guy? 

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 08, 2013, 09:07:40 AM

Hell yes. Jackson is aging and will not be able to stay in his prime for much longer. Perhaps the Bucs plan on franchising MWill next season and then plan on cutting Jackson the season after that. Jackson will be 32 years old at that time.
: May 08, 2013, 09:09:55 AM TampaBucks05

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 08, 2013, 09:09:49 AM

After 2011...he should realize he isnt a #1, but a very good #2.  I dont mind paying him for what he is.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 08, 2013, 09:13:37 AM

This offseason has been a "C" in my books, but that's another topic....

Wow dude, just wow....Speechless....

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 08, 2013, 09:27:14 AM

Don't know if it is even feasible because I'm not a contract expert but could the Bucs cut VJ after this year to pay MW like a 1?  Would you be willing to cut bait on Jackson in order to keep the younger guy?

Not possible anymore because Dominik restructured his deal. If he's cut/traded next year he still counts $7.3M against the cap.

If  Dominik never restructured the contract he could have been released/traded with no cap hit.

Even if he's cut in 2015 he still counts $4.9M against the cap.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 08, 2013, 09:40:08 AM

I think he is should get somewhere around the $8 million a year Goldson got to sign. Hopefully he isn't trying to get close to $11 million a year like Vincent Jackson and Mike Wallace got, although if he waits and puts up the same or better numbers this year as he did in 2012 and 2010, he can probably expect to in the 2014 off season.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Negotiations with Mike Williams not going well? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools