Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where would you rank the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in terms of their starting lineup? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 08, 2013, 08:50:57 AM

The Redskins at #7? Really? Blow RG3 much?

If anything, they should be at #14 and we should be at #13.

A bit high, but they should be higher than the Bucs.
On what grounds? The grounds that they have RG3? Do they have players even COMPARABLE to Revis, Nicks and VJax?

Well, since you are wanting to discount that their roster outplayed ours last year...

They are getting players back from injury as well. They had a draft just as good as ours. They have a far superior pass rush/front 7. I would take their OL over ours. I know we all love Doug, but their RB group is probably better than ours. I'm also taking RG3 over Freeman, if healthy, of course.

Why would you take their OL over ours?  I wouldnt.  Sure I would take their pass rush and RG3, but that is about it.  Our WR, S, CB, LB are all better positionally.  Thier RB depth might be a little better but we are talking about starting lineups.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 08, 2013, 08:51:50 AM

And they got their RB who is comparable to Martin in the 6th round not the first.  Their GM, whoever he is, obviously knows what he is doing. 

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 08, 2013, 08:56:14 AM

And they got their RB who is comparable to Martin in the 6th round not the first.  Their GM, whoever he is, obviously knows what he is doing.

That was a Shannahan pick if I have ever seen one.  This same GM keeps signing our cast offs so I wouldnt be so quick to crown him.  With Raheem, Jackson, Biggers, and Trueblood...Washington might as well just call themselves Tampa North.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 08, 2013, 09:37:34 AM

On what grounds? The grounds that they have RG3? Do they have players even COMPARABLE to Revis, Nicks and VJax?

Well, since you are wanting to discount that their roster outplayed ours last year...

They are getting players back from injury as well. They had a draft just as good as ours. They have a far superior pass rush/front 7. I would take their OL over ours. I know we all love Doug, but their RB group is probably better than ours. I'm also taking RG3 over Freeman, if healthy, of course.

Why would you take their OL over ours?  I wouldnt.  Sure I would take their pass rush and RG3, but that is about it.  Our WR, S, CB, LB are all better positionally.  Thier RB depth might be a little better but we are talking about starting lineups.

OL matchup.
Trent Williams > Donald Penn
Carl Nicks > Kory Lichtensteiger
Will Montgomery > Jeremy Zuttah
Chris Chester > Davin Joseph
Demar Dotson = Tyler Polumbus
3-1-1, advantage them.

Their front 7, LBs and DL, is better than ours.
Sure, we have better safeties and CBs now, especially considering that they will be starting three mid-late round rooks back there. Our receiving group has the advantage, but having Davis makes things a little closer for them
As far as RBs are concerned, Royster saw the field more than DJ Ware and Blount combined last season...sorry, but I am factoring that in, just like I would factor in a 3rd DE or a 3rd DT. These are players that are seeing a good amount of playing time...they arent just guys who are sitting around waiting for an injury to get them on the field.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 08, 2013, 09:47:15 AM

OL matchup.
Trent Williams > Donald Penn
Carl Nicks > Kory Lichtensteiger
Will Montgomery > Jeremy Zuttah
Chris Chester > Davin Joseph
Demar Dotson = Tyler Polumbus
3-1-1, advantage them.

Their front 7, LBs and DL, is better than ours.
Sure, we have better safeties and CBs now, especially considering that they will be starting three mid-late round rooks back there. Our receiving group has the advantage, but having Davis makes things a little closer for them
As far as RBs are concerned, Royster saw the field more than DJ Ware and Blount combined last season...sorry, but I am factoring that in, just like I would factor in a 3rd DE or a 3rd DT. These are players that are seeing a good amount of playing time...they arent just guys who are sitting around waiting for an injury to get them on the field.

Why are you factoring in backups when the topic is starting lineup?  Does it come in to play in games, absolutely, but thats not what this is about.  It is about ranking the starting lineups.

We will just have to agree to disagree on the OL...I give them LT advantage, and a tie at RT, but I find our G/C/G combo to be much better.  Their pass rush is better, our run D is better.  We are better at DT and at LB IMHO. 

The x factor is RG3...without him, this is a 3-4 win ball club.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 08, 2013, 09:52:52 AM

And if you replaced Freeman with Manning this is a 13-14 win team not a 8-10 win team. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 08, 2013, 09:55:32 AM

Um..If you took out Freeman and RG3 and put their backips in, the Redskins would win more games. Without a doubt.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 08, 2013, 09:57:13 AM

I think the Bucs probably have a better overall starting 22 but Washington has an advantage at QB and head coach which is why the scoreboard looks how it looks.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 08, 2013, 10:00:36 AM

Why didnt we hire Shanahan instead of Morris?  Jesus, the Glazers have made some stupid decisions. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 08, 2013, 10:02:32 AM

Why didnt we hire Shanahan instead of Morris?  Jesus, the Glazers have made some stupid decisions.
I'm pretty sure he wanted to do nothing and collect Pat Bowlen's money for a year. He wasn't an option.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 08, 2013, 10:02:52 AM

Um..If you took out Freeman and RG3 and put their backips in, the Redskins would win more games. Without a doubt.

Will just have to agree to disagree then.  I dont see it at all.  My views are:

Bucs Advantage Starters:
RB
RG
C
LG
WR1
WR2
DT
SLB
WLB
FS
SS
CB1
CB2

Washington Advantage:
QB
LT
TE
DE1
DE2
MLB

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 08, 2013, 10:07:36 AM

I just think the team needs to prove it first. For all we know all these moves mean **CENSORED** when Freeman plays like he did in that 5 game losing streak. I dont see it but it was at the end of the season. Teams may have figured him out.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 08, 2013, 10:08:52 AM

I just think the team needs to prove it first. For all we know all these moves mean **CENSORED** when Freeman plays like he did in that 5 game losing streak. I dont see it but it was at the end of the season. Teams may have figured him out.
Winning and losing doesn't have anything to do with the quality of individual players.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#28 : May 08, 2013, 10:13:20 AM

Why are you factoring in backups when the topic is starting lineup?  Does it come in to play in games, absolutely, but thats not what this is about.  It is about ranking the starting lineups.

We will just have to agree to disagree on the OL...I give them LT advantage, and a tie at RT, but I find our G/C/G combo to be much better.  Their pass rush is better, our run D is better.  We are better at DT and at LB IMHO. 

The x factor is RG3...without him, this is a 3-4 win ball club.

Its not about the traditional 22 anymore, a nickel CB or slot reciever is a starter, they see alot of playtime, and they do not replace the guys in front of 'em, they are not like 6th man in hoops. Depending on the sheme, a 2nd TE might be a huge factor. A 3rd DE/OL is debateable, a FB or a change of pace RB might be aswell, because they are direct replacements on their position, or a just part of a less frequently used package.

But i ask myself where is this awesome talent on offense, a J Garcia would make us unstoppable with.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 08, 2013, 10:14:07 AM

Winning and losing doesn't have anything to do with the quality of individual players.

I dont know. When you look at a football game and you look at individual plays they were made by individual players. Games can determined by these plays. Momentum swings and things like that. I think its got more to do with it than you think. Ive always said its a team game but when your team plays well and your QB doesnt, its a cause for concern and can lose you games.   
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where would you rank the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in terms of their starting lineup? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools