Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RONDE BARBER RETIRING « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

Ricky Bobby

Starter

« #15 : May 08, 2013, 03:18:18 PM »

Now hire him as an assistant to and assistant and coach up the young guys!!! :D

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #16 : May 08, 2013, 03:20:13 PM »

Knew it.   Ronde I salute you as a football player and a person.  Proud to say you were a Buccaneer and good luck in whatever you decide to do from here on. 

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #17 : May 08, 2013, 03:20:52 PM »

He's an instant star at color analysis...   Funny, Intelligent, knowledgeable and able to ignore bias.

I hope that's his next step.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #18 : May 08, 2013, 03:22:32 PM »

His pick-6 in Philly to shut down The Vet was probably the greatest moment in Buc's history.
gotta say the Super Bowl was but that was definitely number 2.  Retire his number. 

rikes

Starter

« #19 : May 08, 2013, 03:22:40 PM »

Thanks for everything #20!!!!! Thank you for cementing the pick six vs the eagles in my memory forever.  A true class act.

El Diablo

Starter

« #20 : May 08, 2013, 03:24:07 PM »

Sad day.

I heay ya but at least it seems like he still has his health. More sad retiring hurt getting carted if. What a class act champion. Much smaller than his brother with twice the heart!

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
« #21 : May 08, 2013, 03:25:26 PM »

And the last member of the 2002 Super Bowl finally takes a seat. Gotta thank Ronde for all the years. He'd probably be the best DB coach on this team. I hope one day he decides to give coaching a shot.

Congrats on a job well done #20.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #22 : May 08, 2013, 03:29:06 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/buccaneers/2013/05/08/ronde-barber-tampa-bay-buccaneers/2144715/

Riding into the sunset...

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #23 : May 08, 2013, 03:29:32 PM »

Sad day.

I heay ya but at least it seems like he still has his health. More sad retiring hurt getting carted if. What a class act champion. Much smaller than his brother with twice the heart!
Happy for him. Sad for me

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

« #24 : May 08, 2013, 03:30:21 PM »

Would rather see an official announcement than a tweet.

freddy

Hall of Famer
« #25 : May 08, 2013, 03:30:23 PM »

Guess my Barber Jersey will now get mounted on the wall. Thank you for all the great times. You are THE example of what an NFL player should be. I am pround to say you were on my favorite team. I'm sure I will see you quite often on the NFL network. I just might fly to Canton when you are inducted.b Fair winds and following seas shipmate.

Boatswain..Standby to pipe the side...Buccaneer going Ashore.."

zsmith22

Starter

« #26 : May 08, 2013, 03:31:28 PM »

Ronde will go down as one of my favorite players of all time. The #20 needs to be retired, nobody wearing it will ever be as successful as ronde

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
« #27 : May 08, 2013, 03:34:55 PM »

Buccaneers fixture Ronde Barber retiring

Posted by Darin Gantt on May 8, 2013, 3:11 PM EDT

Tampa Bay Buccaneers free safety Ronde Barber celebrates his interception of a Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan pass during their NFL football game in TampaReuters
One of the longest-standing players in the NFL has decided to call it a career.

According to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, Buccaneers defensive back Ronde Barber has decided to retire.

“I’ve had a better run than I ever could’ve dreamed of having,” Barber told Glazer.

One of the top two-way corners of his generation, the five-time Pro Bowler finishes his 16-year career with 47 interceptions

Of course, the Bucs sort of made his decision for him this offseason.

While he debated about his future, the Bucs signed Dashon Goldson to play the safety spot Barber occupied last year, and added Darrelle Revis and Johnthan Banks at corner, which likely left nothing more than a few snaps as a dime back for Barber if he had returned.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #28 : May 08, 2013, 03:38:03 PM »

Bummer.  I wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors though.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

« #29 : May 08, 2013, 03:39:39 PM »

Man, this just sucks. He was the last guy left from the Superbowl team. Never gonna forget, Ronde. One of my favorite Bucs of all time and he always played his heart out. Many thought he was going to retire when Raheem came along, but he continued to play through some pretty awful teams. Wish he would have given it another year, but at least he'll be retiring as a Buccaneer. Thanks for all the great memories Ronde, and arguably, the best moment in the history of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RONDE BARBER RETIRING « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools