Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pretty Interesting: 1st Story on SportsCenter - 17+ minutes!!! « previous next »
Page: 1

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

: May 09, 2013, 11:56:31 PM

Wanted to reply to a few posts...

Runole wrote:

I just don't see the need to tell the world about it...Do you wish to announce publicly to the world all your personal sexual issues to everyone?   Don't care if you are hetero, bi, or homo    I just don't see why it is so important to announce it to the world.  If you like to dress up in women's clothes  do I need to know about it?

What if you like to be whipped and lead around by a leash?  do you want to announce that publicly?   Doesn't matter to me if you are ashamed or proud of such things I just don't see the point in going public with such things... LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME... I AM ????

I posted why i think it's important for people like Collins to tell the world about their sexuality. You dismissed it or ignored it. I copied and pasted it below...

Why the hell does this have to be news? Why did Collins feel the need to come out of the closet in such a public way?

Maybe he wanted do his part to show young people that it's OK to be gay. And the more public figures that do this, the more certain people (teens?) will feel like less of an outcast and less depressed.

http://www.livescience.com/13755-homosexual-lgb-teen-suicide-rates-environments.html

Gay, lesbian and bisexual teens are five times more likely to commit suicide than their heterosexual counterparts, but a supportive environment in their schools and communities can make a difference, new research suggests.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 10, 2013, 12:20:49 AM

Had to laugh at dbucfan's numerous attempts to compare Collins coming out to Martina Navratilova, other lesbian athletes and other athletes who
weren't active players in the four major sports in the US. Most of us know that's why Collins coming out is important and why going to the media
was a no brainer. You want to make an impact and reach as many people as possible with your message (gays are in every walk of life, including the macho world of American, competitive sports)? Get the media involved and everybody will hear about it and talk about it.

And I agree that getting married is a right that all of us have. Except gay people.

And being able to adopt and plenty of other things that straight couples can do but same sex couples cannot. That has already been addressed by Vin.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pretty Interesting: 1st Story on SportsCenter - 17+ minutes!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools