Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tiki asks Ronde....... Why donít people like me? « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

ę : May 10, 2013, 12:04:08 AM Ľ

Ex-NY Giants star Tiki Barber asks twin brother Ronde Barber: Why donít people like me?

The former NFL running back had his brother, Ronde Barber, as a guest on his CBS Sports Radio show Monday morning and asked his newly-retired twin why nobody likes him. Ronde blamed New Yorkers.

By Bernie Augustine / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Thursday, May 9, 2013, 10:49 PM.

Michael Appleton/New York Daily News

Tiki Barberís twin brother Ronde (l.) plays 16 seasons for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and announces his retirement on Wednesday.

He publicly ripped his quarterback, questioned his coach and flamed-out in his quest to become the next Matt Lauer when he stepped away from football despite clearly having some gas left in the tank.

But despite all of that, Tiki Barber still doesnít understand why people donít like him.

The former Giants running back had his brother, Ronde Barber, as a guest on his CBS Sports Radio show Thursday morning and asked his newly-retired twin why nobody likes him.

ďWhy do so many people like you, but donít like me,Ē Tiki asked his brother before a commercial break.

Coming out of the commercial, Brandon Tierney asked Tiki, who hosts ďThe Morning ShowĒ with Tierney and Dana Jacobson, to reset the question for the audience and the guest.

Kathy Willens/AP

Tiki Barber, seen here at his induction into the Giants Ring of Honor in 2010, has a strained relationship with the Giants and their fans.

ďWhy do so many people like Ronde and dislike me,Ē Tiki asked a second time.

Ronde, who had time to think about his answer, blamed New York fans for his brotherís bruised public image.

ďThatís a great question. (Itís) probably because you live in New York and I donít know if New Yorkers like anything more than loving their stars than hating them,Ē Ronde offered as an explanation. ďThey look for faults and exploit them, or failures and exploit them and itís a national story when itís up there.Ē

There may be some truth to that observation, but Tikiís behavior certainly didnít help matters. In 2002 he called team captainMichael Strahan greedy during his contract negotiations with the Giants. Then in 2006 he announced his plans to retire in October and angered fans by continually taking shots at Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning the following year while working as an analyst for NBC. There are also his personal indiscretions ó he left his pregnant wife for an NBC intern, who he is now married to. In a 2011 Sports Illustrated profile, Barber compared his hiding from the media after his relationship was made public to Holocaust victim Anne Frank hiding from the Nazis.

Giants fans let Barber know how they felt about him in 2010 when he was booed during his induction into the teamís Ring of Honor. Barber, who is arguably the greatest running back in Giants history, smiled amid the chorus of boos.

And he wonders why fans donít like him?

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/tiki-asks-twin-brother-ronde-don-people-article-1.1339340#ixzz2SrDwGCgn

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

ę #1 : May 10, 2013, 01:24:47 AM Ľ

Umm cuz you're a scumbag tiki

JDouble

Hall of Famer
ę #2 : May 10, 2013, 08:01:29 AM Ľ

Cause Ronde is the perfect son while Tiki is a d-bag?

Draft Aaron Donald

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
ę #3 : May 10, 2013, 08:35:05 AM Ľ

Maybe because no one likes a schmuck. Tiki is very typical of that.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

ę #4 : May 10, 2013, 09:48:02 AM Ľ

Just asking that question is a d0ucheBag move.

...You quit on your team dude! And now, after many years after he quit, Ronde retires and he has to stick his life into things?

I guess he thinks that seeing how they won the SB right after he left, they're even?

His brother was being nice. He could've told him flat out that it was because he's a little bi0tch.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

ę #5 : May 10, 2013, 10:49:34 AM Ľ

Just asking that question is a d0ucheBag move.

...You quit on your team dude! And now, after many years after he quit, Ronde retires and he has to stick his life into things?

I guess he thinks that seeing how they won the SB right after he left, they're even?

His brother was being nice. He could've told him flat out that it was because he's a little bi0tch.

Oh I would bet anything that in that real life brother setting one on one. Ronde had some good words for Tiki.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
ę #6 : May 10, 2013, 11:05:39 AM Ľ

Leaving his preggo wife and comparing himself to Anne Frank. Usually not popular things.

Retiring and criticizing Manning and Coughlin: fair game.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

ę #7 : May 10, 2013, 11:22:01 AM Ľ

ill answer for Ronde because hes too nice

tiki is a **CENSORED** and hes not Ronde. hes the evil twin

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
ę #8 : May 10, 2013, 01:43:10 PM Ľ

Just by asking that question you showed why, Tiki. On Rondes day it still had to be about YOU. Ronde was the ultimate Team player and Tiki is a Me guy. Sorry Ronde, but for the first time i disagree with you. This is all about your brother, not NY fans.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

ę #9 : May 10, 2013, 01:44:57 PM Ľ

Gotta thank Tiki though.

If not for Tiki being the man he is, ronde might not have been the man he is.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

ę #10 : May 10, 2013, 01:45:38 PM Ľ

Just by asking that question you showed why, Tiki. On Rondes day it still had to be about YOU. Ronde was the ultimate Team player and Tiki is a Me guy. Sorry Ronde, but for the first time i disagree with you. This is all about your brother, not NY fans.

Agreed Tiki has as much accountability and humility as my 6 year old nephew

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

ę #11 : May 10, 2013, 06:53:00 PM Ľ

Agreed Tiki has as much accountability and humility as my 6 year old nephew

I think my five year old nephew is a better metaphor for it.

He pees his pants, then somehow, tries to blame his brother for it.

ingey1968

Starter

ę #12 : May 10, 2013, 10:06:00 PM Ľ

well Tiki, you are a tool. if you dont believe me just ask Ginny

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
ę #13 : May 11, 2013, 11:56:04 PM Ľ

Ronde: "Too easy my less-awesome brother... it starts with a D and rhymes with Swoosh."
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tiki asks Ronde....... Why donít people like me? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools