Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who needs to step up and fill Ronde's leadership void ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

youngone

Hall of Famer
#45 : May 11, 2013, 10:33:14 AM

What did Allen do the rest of that game ?

Doesn't matter.   That one play was the play that defined whether Penn was great or not.   Both players fired up at their peak.   Penn failed miserably.

Seriously?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#46 : May 11, 2013, 10:35:21 AM

i think its been pretty accurately pointed out where this thread is going.  no need to go down that route.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#47 : May 11, 2013, 10:51:47 AM

What did Allen do the rest of that game ?

Doesn't matter.   That one play was the play that defined whether Penn was great or not.   Both players fired up at their peak.   Penn failed miserably.

One of the dumbest things I've ever seen posted here....and that is coming from one who has been a critic of Penn's play over the last few years.

Obvious simpleton, is obvious.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#48 : May 11, 2013, 07:48:14 PM

How does Penn get overlooked? About as fiery and charismatic as any player in the league. I think he is the obvious leader on the offense followed by Jackson and Freeman,

Penn lost all my respect after that Jared Allen incident.   First Penn cheap shots Allen for no reason.  Allen gets pissed and goes after Penn.  Penn goes ballistic calling Allen a **CENSORED** and such.   If Penn was a great lineman, he would have dominated Allen on the next play.   But what happened?   Allen killed Penn and sacked the hell out of Freeman.   Can you see Anthony Munoz giving up a play like that?   Not likely.

You're gonna judge him on one play when he lost focus? I don't recall much mention of Allen throughout other portions of the game.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#49 : May 11, 2013, 07:51:01 PM

The leadership role that I want to see someone step into was Sapp's.  We haven't had it a really long time!  A guy that has no problem grabbing another by the facemask and telling them to step up or sit on the sideline.

That's what i'm talkin bout. I see Revis as a good mix of both....hopefully, that turns out to be true. I'm also very much lookin forward to see what role Goldson assumes. Gettin ready for a fun ride!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#50 : May 11, 2013, 07:59:26 PM

Everyone needs to step up.

Ronde led by example...   

Freeman, Jackson, McCoy, David all should be there... 

Revis and Goldson too...  maybe not this season.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#51 : May 11, 2013, 08:01:52 PM

Revis already has commanded the respect of the lockerroom based on the ovation he has already received. He is a worker, and a leader.

Revis is the leader in the third level.

McCoy has the front four.

Bucs need a linebacker with some fireballs coming out his azz.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#52 : May 11, 2013, 08:45:23 PM

Everyone needs to step up.

Ronde led by example...   

Freeman, Jackson, McCoy, David all should be there... 

Revis and Goldson too...  maybe not this season.

Agree with that.  Revis and Goldson are the new kids on the block.  I don't know how vocal Revis is anyway. I saw a vid where Revis and Dez Bryant were going at it, smack talk flyin.  And to be honest, Dez was doing most of the talking.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who needs to step up and fill Ronde's leadership void ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools