Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where would you rate Ronde.... on the Top 10 Buccaneers of all time list ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#45 : May 12, 2013, 07:47:44 PM

I agree with both of the above. Sapp plays a more important position and is harder to find. I think Brooks played at a higher level for longer. Definitely not trying to diminish Sapp, though. They're two of the best ever at their positions.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#46 : May 12, 2013, 09:34:35 PM

I'm pretty sure the Anti J can type for himself and i await his response but i took his post as it would easier to find another Brooks than another Sapp regardless of whether David was here or not. Hell, GMs have been lookin for the next Sapp since he hit hit prime. There are a few LBs playing right now that would give Brooks a run for his money.

Exactly.....see above.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#47 : May 12, 2013, 10:36:25 PM

I agree that Sapp is a rarer player, but there still hasn't been a LB with the combined coverage and tackling ability of Brooks. Part of that is due to the 3-4 popularity with bigger, slower LBs.

m_j

Starter

#48 : May 13, 2013, 08:25:31 AM

I do not like rating players on different positions, but if I'd have to do that, Derrick would be clear No.1. Could argue about the rest though!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where would you rate Ronde.... on the Top 10 Buccaneers of all time list ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools