Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where would you rate Ronde.... on the Top 10 Buccaneers of all time list ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : May 11, 2013, 12:01:11 AM »

Top 10 Buccaneers of all time

FOX Sports Florida

Alex Marvez is a Senior NFL Writer for FOXSports.com.

Who are the greatest Buccaneers players of all time? Most of them have played on the defensive side of the ball.

Mike Alstott, FB

1996-2006

Nicknamed ‘A-Train,’ Alstott spent his entire 12-year career with the Buccaneers. He scored a team record 71 TDs.

A fullback who ran the ball, Alstott was a member of the Super Bowl XXXVII winning team at the end of the 2002 season.

(Photo credit: Al Messerschmidt-Getty Images)

Paul Gruber, OT

1988-99

Gruber spent his entire 12-year career with the Buccaneers. He started 183 games with Tampa Bay (a team record until Derrick Brooks broke it in 2007).

Last season, he became the fourth inductee into the Bucs Ring of Honor joining Lee Roy Selmon, John McKay and Jimmie Giles.

(Photo credit: Andy Lyons-Allsport )

James Wilder, RB

1981-89

Wilder played nine years with the Buccaneers and remains the team’s career rushing leader with 5,957 yards. He also rushed for 37 TDs.

Wilder also holds the Buccaneers career receptions record with 430.

(Photo credit: Getty Images)

Jimmie Giles, TE

1978-86

Giles went to four Pro Bowls while playing nine of his 13 pro seasons with Tampa Bay.

He set a team record with four receiving touchdowns in a game (at Miami, 10/20/85).

(Photo credit: J. Meric-Getty Images)

Hardy Nickerson, LB

1993-99

After playing the first six years of his career with Pittsburgh, Nickerson played seven outstanding seasons with Tampa Bay.

He went to five Pro Bowls while playing middle linebacker in the Bucs’ 4-3 defense.

(Photo credit: Scott Halleran-Allsport)

John Lynch, S

1993-2003

Lynch played 11 of his 15 NFL seasons with Tampa Bay, with which he had 23 interceptions, and was a five-time Pro Bowl selection.

He was a defensive leader on a team that won Super Bowl XXXVII at the end of the 2002 season.

(Photo credit: Mitchell Layton-Getty Images)

Ronde Barber, DB

1997-2012

Barber spent his entire 16-year career with the Buccaneers. He was a free safety his final season after playing his previous years as a cornerback.

A five-time Pro Bowl selection, he is the franchise leader in interceptions (47) and defensive touchdown returns ...8.

(Photo credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports)

Warren Sapp, DT

1995-2003

A member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame's 2013 Class, Sapp played in seven Pro Bowls during his nine years with Tampa Bay. He was a member of the Super Bowl XXXVII winning team.

On Nov. 11, Sapp will become the second Buc (with Lee Roy Selmon) to have his jersey retired.

(Photo credit: Al Messerschmidt-Getty Images)

Lee Roy Selmon, DE

1976-84

Lee Roy Selmon was the first draft pick of the Buccaneers franchise in 1976. He was the leader of a defense that helped produce two NFC Central Division titles in the team's first six seasons.

A five-time All-NFC selection, Selmon was forced to retire early because of a back injury. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1995.

(Photo credit: Michael J. Minardi-Getty Images)

Derrick Brooks, LB

1995-2008

Following a stellar career at Florida State, Brooks played all of his 14 NFL seasons with the Buccaneers. He was an 11-time Pro Bowler and nine-time first-team All-Pro.

Brooks was the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2002, a season culminated by the Bucs' victory in Super Bowl XXXVII.

(Photo credit: Larry French-Getty Images)

GayRobot

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Starter

« #1 : May 11, 2013, 12:05:40 AM »

Good list. Honorable mentions Mark Carrier, Warrick Dunn, Simeon Rice, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams

I think Ronde is the most likable Buccaneer of all time
« : May 11, 2013, 12:25:46 AM GayRobot »

Snook

Hall of Famer

« #2 : May 11, 2013, 12:06:39 AM »

Uh, where's Michael Clayton?

ryan24

Hall of Famer

« #3 : May 11, 2013, 12:14:34 AM »

Good list. Honorable mentions James Wilder, Warrick Dunn, Simeon Rice, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams

I think Ronde is the most likable Buccaneer of all time

Lynch or Alstott probably have that last mantle.

Batman and Mark Carrier on the HM list. Wilder is on the above list.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #4 : May 11, 2013, 01:11:05 AM »

#4? Ronde > Sapp, sorry folks.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #5 : May 11, 2013, 01:13:17 AM »

While everyone is entitled to their opinion....you're nutz!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #6 : May 11, 2013, 01:15:08 AM »

I judge a man by their skill and character, Sapp completely sinks in the latter.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #7 : May 11, 2013, 01:15:59 AM »

I judge a man by their skill and character, Sapp completely sinks in the latter.

Fortunately, the HOF doesn't judge by that same criteria.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #8 : May 11, 2013, 01:50:21 AM »

Fortunately, the HOF doesn't judge by that same criteria.

If they did, Ronde would be a lock to get in.  And if this list was about character, Ronde would be #1.   But neither this list or the HOF judge character.  We all know, some of the best athletes of all time, were not the nicest people.

Rick Stroud@NFLSTROUD

Example of Ronde Barber's class. When ST coach Rich Bissacia's SB ring was stolen, Barber and wife Claudia paid Tiffany's for a new one.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #9 : May 11, 2013, 05:36:47 AM »

Gruber should be 5 or 6.  As good a safety Lynch was Gruber was as good a LT if not better and played his entire 12 year career here. 
« : May 11, 2013, 05:45:12 AM Skull and Bones »

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #10 : May 11, 2013, 05:41:29 AM »

lynch, Gruber, brooks , Selmon have/had just as much character as Barber IMO.  Plenty of great people off the field on that list.  Never heard a bad word about Alstott either. 
« : May 11, 2013, 05:43:25 AM Skull and Bones »

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #11 : May 11, 2013, 05:50:09 AM »

lynch, Gruber, brooks , Selmon have/had just as much character as Barber IMO.  Plenty of great people off the field on that list.  Never heard a bad word about Alstott either.
I don't disagree with that.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #12 : May 11, 2013, 07:52:41 AM »

Simeon Rice definitely needs to be on that list.

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

« #13 : May 11, 2013, 07:56:44 AM »

1. LeeRoy Selmon
2. Warren Sapp
3. Derrick Brooks
4. Hardy Nickerson
5. John Lynch
6. Mike Alstott
7. Paul Gruber
8. James Wilder
9. Ronde Barber
10. Simeon Rice

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #14 : May 11, 2013, 08:25:01 AM »

Ninth? What you smoking?

In Verner We Trust
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where would you rate Ronde.... on the Top 10 Buccaneers of all time list ? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools