Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Seattle’s Richard Sherman or Tampa Bay’s Darrelle Revis the league’s top CB ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #30 : May 11, 2013, 08:41:01 PM »

He comes from the hood, but returned to Stanford for another year to complete his masters degree.  When he could of bolted a year earlier to the riches of the NFL.
he was a 5th round pick...not sure he could have come out much earlier, could he?

He was eligible to come out in 2010.  But he returned for 2011 for the masters.  Even if he was a 5th rounder in 2010, thats still pretty good coin.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #31 : May 11, 2013, 10:06:34 PM »

Woodson is not 48. Just sayin...

Great player, retired now, he is on the NFL channel quite a bit.   HOF'er.

You may be thinking of Charles Woodson, he is a free agent now, and looking for work.   36 years old.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #32 : May 11, 2013, 10:16:29 PM »

Probably unpopular opinion, but Revis needs to prove he's the same guy as before.

Sherman, for now

agreed

-------------------------------------------------------

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #33 : May 12, 2013, 01:03:37 AM »

Revis can injure his ACL and have a team give up a first rounder and 16 million a year.

If Sherman injured his ACL and the Seahawks shopped him, then no team would give up even close to that.

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

« #34 : May 12, 2013, 01:55:02 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Vincent Jackson does that twice against him in the game against the Seahawks.

We would need an accurate QB to get that done.

Did you watch last season at all? Don't even try and act like Josh Freeman isn't accurate throwing deep. Say whatever you want about short to intermediate routes but your just a hater if you really think he doesnt have an accurate long ball.

Ignore the Java lite troll

Also, I guess if you call a guy who speaks his mind on things he believes a troll, I guess i am one. Could be worse, I could be the moron who named myself in the forums after one of the most mediocre players on the team who hasnt accomplished squat since getting here and if anything, Is holding the team back.

Speaking your mind is okay. Infesting every thread with hate for a Bucs player is trolling.

On another note, I had no idea that Lord Freesus, the hypothetical fusion of Josh Freeman and Jesus Christ (Tebow?) was a mediocre player on the team that hasn't accomplished squat since getting here AND is holding the team back.

So you're a troll and I have a message board name for an imaginary player. Good job x)

Now you wanna talk about Revis and Sherman, or you wanna keep trolling and hijacking the thread?

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #35 : May 12, 2013, 06:27:29 PM »

Revis can injure his ACL and have a team give up a first rounder and 16 million a year.

If Sherman injured his ACL and the Seahawks shopped him, then no team would give up even close to that.

They wouldn't have to.  I think Sherman makes something like 400k on his rookie deal.  When Sherman and Russell Wilson come off those rookie deals, the Seahawks checkbook will get stressed big time.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

bucinsouthFL

Starter

« #36 : May 13, 2013, 11:56:58 AM »

I'm going to answer this assuming Revis returns to form.

You can build an entire defense around Revis. The Jets did it for two years and went to the AFC championship back to back years with Sanchez at QB.

I love Sherman's game along with the rest of the Seahawks team. I think they are a hell of a lot of fun to watch and good for the NFL. I'm happy that Seattle has a good team, they got a great fan base and deserve it. With that being said, I don't view Sherman as a shutdown corner. I view him as a strong, beast-like and tough as nails guy who disrupts WRs at the line, forces them inside, and makes plays based off of the great pass rush Seattle's scheme and players provide. He is an elite player.

Revis, when healthy, is in a class of his own. He takes players away. No other corner can say that. Sherman is awesome. But Revis is a once in a lifetime player

Theoldbuc

Starter

« #37 : May 13, 2013, 12:16:26 PM »

Probably unpopular opinion, but Revis needs to prove he's the same guy as before.

Sherman, for now

agreed

Call me when Sherman gets his island!

Until then, Mr Revis shall remain on the throne. It really isn't even close. Week after week Revis has shutdown the leagues best, COMPLETELY! Until he shows he can't do it anymore, he's the best.
« : May 13, 2013, 12:31:52 PM Theoldbuc »

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #38 : May 13, 2013, 12:20:24 PM »

Bucinsouthfl makes a pretty good measurement...   which poses the question -

Would you build a defense around Sherman?   I'd assume most would around Revis.

IMO - Sherman is a very good corner, maybe elite but he's part of a defense where everyone is productive well above average...

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #39 : May 13, 2013, 12:48:33 PM »

Say Revis were traded to Seattle and week one vs Carolina, Revis was 100% healthy and ready to go....who do you think Seattle chooses to line up across from Steve Smith?

Brandon Browner.

/thread.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #40 : May 13, 2013, 12:55:41 PM »

I think Sherman was legitimately the best corner in the NFL last season, but my impression of his game is he's just a really big bully who knows how to get away with beating up receivers and not get flagged for it. I have no idea if Revis is still what he used to be, but when he was right he was a graceful shadowman who could stick to anyone. Generally, those guys are the ones who get the highest accolades over more one dimensional press and zone corners.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #41 : May 13, 2013, 12:56:34 PM »

Agree with that FRG...   well said.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

« #42 : May 13, 2013, 01:02:28 PM »

How the hell does ONE year make a guy the best at his position?? Gtfohwtbs

Revis is still the #1 corner in the National Football League.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

« #43 : May 13, 2013, 01:05:49 PM »

They wouldn't have to.  I think Sherman makes something like 400k on his rookie deal.  When Sherman and Russell Wilson come off those rookie deals, the Seahawks checkbook will get stressed big time.

Revis holdout #1, unless somebody else gets more money before Sherman.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #44 : May 13, 2013, 01:05:51 PM »

what have you done for me lately?

today, ive got no problem with anyone saying sherman is the best in the game.   i hope they do.  i hope revis has to read about it everyday.  because but that should easily change sept 8th.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Seattle’s Richard Sherman or Tampa Bay’s Darrelle Revis the league’s top CB ? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools