Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Seattle’s Richard Sherman or Tampa Bay’s Darrelle Revis the league’s top CB ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #15 : May 11, 2013, 02:07:41 PM »

Probably unpopular opinion, but Revis needs to prove he's the same guy as before.

Sherman, for now

ingey1968

Starter

« #16 : May 11, 2013, 02:40:57 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Vincent Jackson does that twice against him in the game against the Seahawks.

We would need an accurate QB to get that done.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

« #17 : May 11, 2013, 04:54:51 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Vincent Jackson does that twice against him in the game against the Seahawks.

Did you watch last season at all? Don't even try and act like Josh Freeman isn't accurate throwing deep. Say whatever you want about short to intermediate routes but your just a hater if you really think he doesnt have an accurate long ball.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

« #18 : May 11, 2013, 05:17:36 PM »

Woodson is not 48. Just sayin...

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #19 : May 11, 2013, 05:46:02 PM »

Did you watch last season at all? Don't even try and act like Josh Freeman isn't accurate throwing deep. Say whatever you want about short to intermediate routes but your just a hater if you really think he doesnt have an accurate long ball.

Ignore the Java lite troll

ingey1968

Starter

« #20 : May 11, 2013, 07:36:28 PM »

yeah, when you can listen to idiots who say year after year how this is finally going to be the season he becomes the   Franchise QB he is destined to be. (Thats sarcasm btw).   We wont make the playoffs with Freeman as our QB, period.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #21 : May 11, 2013, 07:40:24 PM »

yeah, when you can listen to idiots who say year after year how this is finally going to be the season he becomes the   Franchise QB he is destined to be. (Thats sarcasm btw).   We wont make the playoffs with Freeman as our QB, period.

Who cares?....have you not seen the guys stats?!

How one could not be satisfied after taking a gander at ESPN.com's stat page, is beyond me....

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

ingey1968

Starter

« #22 : May 11, 2013, 07:46:17 PM »

Ignore the Java lite troll

Also, I guess if you call a guy who speaks his mind on things he believes a troll, I guess i am one. Could be worse, I could be the moron who named myself in the forums after one of the most mediocre players on the team who hasnt accomplished squat since getting here and if anything, Is holding the team back.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
« #23 : May 11, 2013, 07:49:51 PM »

I think Seattle's secondary get's a little too much credit as a hole. They did give up a big drive to Atlanta with 30 seconds on the board and a trip to the NFC Championship on the line, and San Fran held Atlanta in the same situation the next week. You can't really judge a secondary without taking into account it's pass rush, and Seattle's pass rush is a completely different animal when they are at home.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #24 : May 11, 2013, 07:52:13 PM »

Probably unpopular opinion, but Revis needs to prove he's the same guy as before.

Sherman, for now
That is your subjective analysis, and I disagree. I think Revis is the better corner as a result if a body of work that has a larger sample size.

If Revis was thrown at, he could amass eight to ten INT's with ease IMO. QBs do not look his way if but for a brief moment, and a smart QB will see that Revis generally kills a route before the QB has time to let it develop, or he flat out mirrors his opponent as to render his presence moot.

Sherman needs to build on his résumé. There is more tape to analyze Sherman, now anyways, so we will see if his literal and metaphorical big mouth (which got rocked already vs Washington), will be worth a damn.

I would take Revis all day every day twice on Sunday and five times on game day.

Sherman is absurd. Revis is better. Fact. In attitude. In speed. In agility. In knowledge. In letting his workndonthe talking. Sherm is a big mouth.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #25 : May 11, 2013, 07:53:12 PM »

For now Sherman holds the belt.   I expect Revis to regain the title.   

This thread isn't about JF...  seems like a very black and white opinion to me - quoted... 

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #26 : May 11, 2013, 07:58:41 PM »

Revis is in his prime, and has proven his worth over and over and over. His knee is fine.

Sherman has one solid season, and a mouth that has gotten punched in, and a bunch of schit talking tweets. Yeah...he is better (rolls eyes). Jesus man...

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #27 : May 11, 2013, 08:07:39 PM »

revis has the motivation...i like it.  check that, i love it.

+1 Pride is a great motivator!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #28 : May 11, 2013, 08:31:18 PM »

I like Sherman, sure he talks a lot of smack, but he can back it up. First 2 years in the league, he makes the pro bowl.  He is an interesting dude. He comes from the hood, but returned to Stanford for another year to complete his masters degree.  When he could of bolted a year earlier to the riches of the NFL.

I don't know who is better at this very minute,  it will get sorted out as the season progresses. Its nice though, to even have a Buc DB in the conversation for who is the leagues top CB.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #29 : May 11, 2013, 08:36:31 PM »

He comes from the hood, but returned to Stanford for another year to complete his masters degree.  When he could of bolted a year earlier to the riches of the NFL.
he was a 5th round pick...not sure he could have come out much earlier, could he?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Seattle’s Richard Sherman or Tampa Bay’s Darrelle Revis the league’s top CB ? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools