Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams looking for Stevie Johnson money........five-year, $36.25 million « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#195 : May 17, 2013, 10:10:43 AM

Pay da man.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

RaHonde Barber

Rookie

#196 : May 17, 2013, 12:28:07 PM

Let's assume that Williams thinks he can score $38 million/5 years elsewhere next season. He's only making around $500,000 this year, if the Bucs agree to extend him now, bump his 2013 salary to $6 million this year and give him $6 million per for 4 years after that, that's essentially a 5 year/$30 million deal. He leaves $8 million on the table but that basically disappears when you factor in state income tax, risk of injury, and the fact that he'd come up for free agency again a year earlier. Not to mention that he's see a way fatter paycheck this year.

Anyway, it makes sense for Williams to stay here, even if he gets a little more money elsewhere, let's hope the Bucs are able to impress that upon him.
: May 17, 2013, 12:29:48 PM RaHonde Barber

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#197 : May 17, 2013, 01:04:54 PM

I'm pretty certain his new contract will include a restructure to give him more money this season, but I think your numbers are off a bit. Probably going to average closer to $7.5M or $8M per year.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#198 : May 17, 2013, 02:56:47 PM

I'm pretty certain his new contract will include a restructure to give him more money this season, but I think your numbers are off a bit. Probably going to average closer to $7.5M or $8M per year.

LOL... you should be Williams' agent.  Williams isn't even asking for $7.5M!!!  Stevie Johnson money equates to an average of $7.25M.  We all know how negotiations work.  If he wants $7.25M, he'll probably settle for $6.75M (which seems about right to me).

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#199 : May 17, 2013, 04:15:12 PM

1. Roy Cummings said SIMILAR to Stevie Johnson's contract, not exactly Stevie Johnson's contract.

2. Does a one sentence blurb from Roy Commings make this fact? Is Roy in the negotiations? Or is he likely talking out his ars?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#200 : May 17, 2013, 05:09:32 PM

1. Roy Cummings said SIMILAR to Stevie Johnson's contract, not exactly Stevie Johnson's contract.

2. Does a one sentence blurb from Roy Commings make this fact? Is Roy in the negotiations? Or is he likely talking out his ars?

I'm thinking Cummings knows a bit more than you may think.  I'm sure he's basing his statements on what someone who know's exactly what's going has on told him.  If I were a gambling man and you set the over/under number at $7.5M (full contract avg per year), I'd take the under.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#201 : May 17, 2013, 08:17:34 PM

Pay da man.

+1

The more I think about it,  pay the man.

You got guys out there getting in all kinds of trouble almost on a daily basis. This guy is a helluva WR, fits nicely with Vince, and keeps his nose clean.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#202 : May 17, 2013, 09:31:08 PM

Pay da man.
+1

You got guys out there getting in all kinds of trouble almost on a daily basis. This guy is a helluva WR, fits nicely with Vince, and keeps his nose clean.

Its been a while since we've drafted anyone that was worthy of a second contract... i whole-heartedly agree, PAY DA MUH F'GN MAN!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#203 : May 17, 2013, 11:12:11 PM

Pay da man.

+1

It's a good thing you thought about it.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#204 : May 18, 2013, 12:47:51 AM

END YOUR HOLDOUT, Mikey.

Honor your contract, son.

Work harder, son, and you might get more than $500,000.

If it makes you feel any better, son, Revis is making $16 million this season.....
: May 18, 2013, 12:55:32 AM TheChronicHotAir

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#205 : May 18, 2013, 01:33:04 AM

Pay da man.

+1

It's a good thing you thought about it.

LOL

No,  its always been pay the man.  Its just how much,  that is in question.  People here start looking for flaws in his game, and nit picking this and that.   Just pay him fair market value, and get it over with.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#206 : May 18, 2013, 09:46:50 AM

Happy Birthday, Mike

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#207 : May 18, 2013, 10:08:04 PM

Anyone have a link to the Williams signing today??

It's such a great deal for the Glazers....

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#208 : May 19, 2013, 09:14:10 PM

They will get it done soon I think.  They won't want the situation dragging on into training camp.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#209 : May 20, 2013, 09:35:06 AM

Although I'm certain MW is a 'buc for life' ...   I admit I am a little impatient about getting his new deal/extension done.   Still don't think he's hit his ceiling.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams looking for Stevie Johnson money........five-year, $36.25 million « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools