Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In honor of the Bucs #24....What could possibly go wrong for Revis and the Bucs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 12, 2013, 10:21:04 AM

Barron didn't give him the chair ....hence the fight and then the cutting of the Gimpy Cheeseburger.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#16 : May 12, 2013, 12:16:13 PM

I doubt Barron gave him anything but if you make 16 mil a year you can buy almost anything you want.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 12, 2013, 12:23:23 PM

3 main things can go wrong.  If any of these happens its not worth it.

1). Revis plays 3 years or less for Bucs.  I don't see him being worth the amount of money he is signed for when he is 32-33 so 4-5 years is probably his max.  5 years is what the minimum we would have gotten from our 1st rounder. 
2). Revis doesn't play at a elite level (keep in mind we are paying him $16 mil a year so he better play at that level)
3). Revis doesn't have a big enough impact on the team to help them make a playoff run or two.  Unless this team takes the next step as a contender then what was the point of this?
anyone disagree?  To me this is the bottom line.  Pretty tall order. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 12, 2013, 06:10:49 PM

1). Revis plays 3 years or less for Bucs.  I don't see him being worth the amount of money he is signed for when he is 32-33 so 4-5 years is probably his max.  5 years is what the minimum we would have gotten from our 1st rounder. 
2). Revis doesn't play at a elite level (keep in mind we are paying him $16 mil a year so he better play at that level)
3). Revis doesn't have a big enough impact on the team to help them make a playoff run or two.  Unless this team takes the next step as a contender then what was the point of this?

Well,  the team is protected.  That is the beauty of the contract.  If any of those scenarios happen, they just cut him.  Cut him outright or cut him and resign him at lower jack.

The only loss would be the #13 pick in the 2013 draft, its well worth the gamble IMO.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 12, 2013, 06:41:49 PM

I thought some of those were funny.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 12, 2013, 06:44:53 PM

I like our chances. Revis is a HOF talent and is coming off a procedure most athletes can recover from. I'm not concerned that much.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 12, 2013, 06:46:19 PM

I thought some of those were funny.

He [Fennelly} is a good writer IMO.  Quirky guy, but I enjoy his stuff.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#22 : May 13, 2013, 12:14:19 AM

only thing he missed was that Revis might mess up his Knee..lol

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 13, 2013, 03:39:15 AM

We also learned how pathetic you are java.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#24 : May 13, 2013, 08:45:46 AM

To think people actually get paid to write crap like this.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 13, 2013, 09:11:55 AM

This article is nearly as awful as Java's trolling.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 13, 2013, 10:00:47 AM

18. Revis injured reeling in sailfish during deep-sea outing; Mark Barron tackles sailfish after catch.

21. Eric Wright drug test shows traces of Julio Jones touchdown catches.

had me cracking up lol...ESP the drug test thing haha...

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#27 : May 13, 2013, 10:54:55 AM

Fennelly hysterical usual. Ed uses wrong wax on car.
Some of you lads need to lighten up.

Lighten up about what?  There's not a funny line in Martin Fennelly's article.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 13, 2013, 11:11:31 AM

Well,  the team is protected.  That is the beauty of the contract.  If any of those scenarios happen, they just cut him.  Cut him outright or cut him and resign him at lower jack.

The only loss would be the #13 pick in the 2013 draft, its well worth the gamble IMO.
I think the point is regardless of whether the team is financially protected, us fans aren't protected. If Revis is released or plays so poorly he has to take a major paycut, it will mean the Bucs aren't playing well, and the fans will continue to suffer through more non-playoff seasons.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 13, 2013, 11:23:54 AM

I think the point is regardless of whether the team is financially protected, us fans aren't protected. If Revis is released or plays so poorly he has to take a major paycut, it will mean the Bucs aren't playing well, and the fans will continue to suffer through more non-playoff seasons.

oh woe is me . .
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In honor of the Bucs #24....What could possibly go wrong for Revis and the Bucs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools