Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tavon Austin......"My phone doesn’t stop ringing now" « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : May 13, 2013, 12:17:15 AM »

Tavon Austin says everybody he knows is asking for money

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 12, 2013, 8:23 PM EDT

PFT.com

Reuters

Rams first-round draft pick Tavon Austin is glad to be in the NFL, but he’s already realizing one down side: The requests for cash never stop.

Austin hasn’t actually received an NFL paycheck yet, but the mere fact that he’s a high pick who will be guaranteed millions on his rookie contract has people with their hands out.

“Everybody expects a lot of things from you as far as money,” Austin told the Rams’ website. “Everybody wants to be around you. My phone doesn’t stop ringing now. It feels like they’re counting my bank account now. So that’s probably the hardest thing for me right now, just people.”

With his newfound wealth, Austin says people in his hometown of Baltimore are coming out of the woodwork acting like family.

“I’ve got a lot of cousins now,” Austin said. “The whole [city of] Baltimore is my cousin now. We’re going to just try to keep focused and let my mother and all of them handle it.”

Here’s hoping Austin and his mom don’t hesitate to say “no” to the people who think that because Austin made it big, they deserve to benefit, too. Placating those people is how a lot of NFL players go broke.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
« #1 : May 13, 2013, 02:10:08 AM »

Why?

The quest for .500 begins...

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

« #2 : May 13, 2013, 03:53:50 AM »

If I'm in his position, anyone who calls and asks me for money is no longer a friend or acquaintance.    It's fine to help people out when they need it, but to have them boldly come straight out and ask for the money as soon as he gets a little cash is BS.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

« #3 : May 13, 2013, 07:47:45 AM »

Why?

All the family and friends asking for a couple bucks, not to mention those with "business" ideas. I am glad he sees he cause this is how most players go broke.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #4 : May 13, 2013, 07:51:45 AM »

Waaaahhh!! I'm a millionaire . Waaaaaahhh!!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

« #5 : May 13, 2013, 08:31:51 AM »

Remember in the movie "The Jerk" where Steve Martin was donating all kinds of money to things like stopping cat juggling?   

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #6 : May 13, 2013, 08:36:11 AM »

Big supreeeze there Tavon.

Said no one ever.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

« #7 : May 13, 2013, 10:26:57 AM »

Remember in the movie "The Jerk" where Steve Martin was donating all kinds of money to things like stopping cat juggling?   
What's wrong with a little cat juggling?

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #8 : May 13, 2013, 01:04:25 PM »

A lot of young NFL players probably make the opposite decision...

Good choice to put that on someone else.   Indicative of his character.   Rams win with that guy.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #9 : May 13, 2013, 01:07:21 PM »

he should hire his cousin to handle his money and these problems.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #10 : May 13, 2013, 02:24:43 PM »

Waaaahhh!! I'm a millionaire . Waaaaaahhh!!

He's whining? Where?

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tavon Austin......"My phone doesn’t stop ringing now" « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools