Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The President & His Men Have a Problem With The Truth « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#60 : May 22, 2013, 10:02:52 PM

Reminds me of that Reagan skit on SNL.

classic example  "defend" Obama by trashing Bush and Reagan . . .  ugh

unsurprising, you jumped to conclusions by not watching the SNL skit

what's with the editing, you think everyone in the world but you is an idiot?  This is what you typed previously:

Back on topic, it seems to me that the President doesn't know very much about what his Administration is doing behind his back. Either he is talking out of his arse or he has no control over what is going on.

Which is it? One one hand, you folks talk about him as some sort of mastermind behind a plot to undermine our way of life, then you talk about him as some sort of GWB-wannabee dip**CENSORED**dumbass. Which is it?

Reminds me of that Reagan skit on SNL.

Why did I have to jump to a conclusion?  This is what you said about Bush: "GWB-wannabee dip**CENSORED**dumbass" and I have seen the Reagan skits on SNL?

Morgan wasn't defending Obama or bashing Reagan. He was bashing those who are attacking Obama as both a clueless leader and a criminal mastermind. He can't be both, so which one is he?

You either jumped to a conclusion or you simply don't understand English so good. After all this time, Vinny P, I'd really think that you would be better at this. You seem to be regressing.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#61 : May 23, 2013, 07:04:07 AM

I don't think were in Chicago anymore Toto!!
: May 23, 2013, 08:06:52 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#62 : May 23, 2013, 10:22:36 AM

Morgan wasn't defending Obama or bashing Reagan. He was bashing those who are attacking Obama as both a clueless leader and a criminal mastermind. He can't be both, so which one is he?

Why can't it be both? It worked for George Bush.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#63 : May 23, 2013, 10:29:45 AM

Back on topic, it seems to me that the President doesn't know very much about what his Administration is doing behind his back. Either he is talking out of his arse or he has no control over what is going on.

Which is it? One one hand, you folks talk about him as some sort of mastermind behind a plot to undermine our way of life, then you talk about him as some sort of GWB-wannabee dip**CENSORED**dumbass. Which is it?

I think the President is a very good politician but a very bad leader. Not only has he not demonstrated a propensity to lead effectively, I think the day to day machinations of the President don't interest him. So he can be a connivng little **CENSORED**bag and be very effective on one hand, but have a "yea whatever" attitude for other stuff and tell someone else to deal with it.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#64 : May 23, 2013, 12:13:11 PM

I'm going to agree with your point of view on this. He seems somewhat reactionary.  I find that he's somewhat punching a ticket as the first black president -

The job is way too big for one person and the administration will only be as good as the people the president puts around him.   Right now it feels like we're in a holding pattern - nothing getting accomplished. Laissez-faire leadership until crisis occurs then reacts (reactionary).

Current term has a lame-duck feel to it. Why would the Congress care to pass anything that he'd send - heck, the gun laws that he wanted to implement was supported by a great majority of polls, but shut down by Congress.

Only positive: markets are doing nicely, everyone's retirement plans are returning to where they need to be, jobs seem to be coming back, housing prices are recovering.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#65 : May 23, 2013, 06:03:23 PM

You either jumped to a conclusion or you simply don't understand English so good. After all this time, Vinny P, I'd really think that you would be better at this. You seem to be regressing.

CBW, that was the weakest attempt at pot-stirring ever . . . .which is ironic considering you're smarter than everyone:

The reason I act like I'm smarter than you is because I am.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#66 : May 23, 2013, 06:32:51 PM

the New Rogue:

http://news.yahoo.com/irs-replaces-official-oversaw-targeting-214522874.html

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#67 : May 23, 2013, 09:04:57 PM

It will be Bush's fault...

almost

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/05/23/pelosi_blames_bush_appointee_for_politicized_irs_scandal.html

lol

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#68 : May 25, 2013, 12:28:22 AM

I think the President is a very good politician but a very bad leader. Not only has he not demonstrated a propensity to lead effectively, I think the day to day machinations of the President don't interest him. So he can be a connivng little **CENSORED**bag and be very effective on one hand, but have a "yea whatever" attitude for other stuff and tell someone else to deal with it.

I don't think that this is an unfair criticism at all. I wouldn't call him a very bad leader, but he's definitely not a good leader. One cannot overlook the fact that he has been undermined by congress at virtually every juncture, but the fact that he hasn't even been able to bring members of his own party to heel on some key progressive issues is certainly disappointing.

Although I don't see this IRS thing being nearly as insidious as originally advertised, and doubt that it will lead to much of anything other than some procedural changes, I do think it is representative to what spartan is saying. Obama definitely isn't a micromanager, and often this has been to his detriment.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#69 : May 25, 2013, 06:25:12 AM

They'll need to explain this: were all these visits to discuss health care reform law.

Former IRS Commissioner Visited White House 118 Times During Tea Party Targeting

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2013/05/22/former-irs-commissioner-visited-white-house-118-times-during-tea-party-targeting-n1603559

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#70 : May 29, 2013, 02:34:14 PM

what's the expression about truth being the first casualty:

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/28/18563008-irs-higher-ups-requested-info-on-conservative-groups-letters-show?lite
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The President & His Men Have a Problem With The Truth « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools