Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets rookie Geno Smith could debut vs. Bucs, Darrelle Revis « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 17, 2013, 11:34:18 AM

Sooo Banks on Holmes,  Revis on Hill?
I think I'd flip that

Ether way works but you're right it'll probably be flipped. Revis can completely shutdown both, and Holmes is no doubt the better receiver but if banks makes some rookie mistakes while covering Holmes than your talking about 60-70 yards total. If he makes rookie mistakes on hill you're talking about possibly 60 yards in one play. That's what I was thinking originally.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 17, 2013, 12:24:59 PM

The way rookie QBs have played lately think I'd rather face Sanchez..

Huh?

I'm confused how the success of guys like RGIII, Luck or Wilson last year in any way, shape or form changes anything about Geno Smith?

If he starts, we dominate, hell if he doesn't start we dominate. I just don't see a way the Jet's beat us week 1 unless Freeman throws about 5 picks in which 2 go to the house.

Just a trend happening, you're right, their success doesn't say Geno himself will follow or buck the trend.
But it's too early to say we'll dominate. Freeman could have a bad game, Martin could get shut down, Bowers/A.C./Revis/McCoy/Joseph health issues could come into play.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 17, 2013, 01:35:24 PM

The way rookie QBs have played lately think I'd rather face Sanchez..

Huh?

I'm confused how the success of guys like RGIII, Luck or Wilson last year in any way, shape or form changes anything about Geno Smith?

If he starts, we dominate, hell if he doesn't start we dominate. I just don't see a way the Jet's beat us week 1 unless Freeman throws about 5 picks in which 2 go to the house.
whoever starts we should win in dominant fashion. That said, I'd rather face Sanchez as well. The difference between Sanchez(everything to lose) and Geno(nothing to lose) is that we have film on Sanchez and can anticipate the gameplan better. Rex Ryan throwing Geno out there could leave us guessing on D.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 17, 2013, 01:48:34 PM

Man our team looks great on paper. Now hopefully that paper doesn't get run through the shredder like it did last year and we don't lose our offensive and defensive line.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

moose40

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 17, 2013, 02:05:37 PM

Man our team looks great on paper. Now hopefully that paper doesn't get run through the shredder like it did last year and we don't lose our offensive and defensive line.

I'm a little more comfortable with offensive line "changes" only because Martin ran well without Joseph and Nicks, but I agree the D line doesn't appear to have "proven" depth (I won't call the oline proven depth, but Martin ran well and I believe Freeman was the 3rd least sacked qb. I might be remembering that wrong though)

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 17, 2013, 08:01:59 PM

Gotta win games like this one.  No matter who is slinging it.  Win the games your supposed to win, and it should turn out to be a good season. Those NFC West games will be rough, so gotta stack up wins against lessor competition.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 17, 2013, 08:24:30 PM

If the jets were smart they would wait to start Geno until week 2 . The last thing they want is Geno throw a pick 6 to Revis . The Jet fanbase will meltdown. He'd be a bust in thier eyes already.
: May 17, 2013, 08:26:21 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 17, 2013, 08:38:19 PM

Getting pressure will be crucial, imo. Every QB does better when they have time, obviously, but from what I saw of Geno in college he's one of the most extreme versions of that. Absolutely shredded defenses that couldn't get to him, and was completely useless when they could. Covering the short routes will be key as well, as he was much more comfortable throwing passes of 10 yards and under.

This could all change in the NFL, of course, but from what I saw of him in college it was pretty stunning how night and day he was based on pressure. He also defies the usual black QB stereotype, as he's a pocket passer who lacks the mobility to escape the pocket and take off.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 17, 2013, 08:45:25 PM

Hate to say its a big game, being the opener on the road.  But its big, gotta start out 1-0 against an inferior team.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 17, 2013, 10:19:57 PM

Bucs lose that game, and there will be major changes come week 2.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 17, 2013, 11:37:04 PM

I'm really excited to see AC smashing people again.

That seems like forever ago!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 18, 2013, 02:10:10 AM

I'm really excited to see AC smashing people again.

That seems like forever ago!!!

Nice.   And it does seem like light years ago.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 18, 2013, 08:41:56 AM

Getting pressure will be crucial, imo. Every QB does better when they have time, obviously, but from what I saw of Geno in college he's one of the most extreme versions of that. Absolutely shredded defenses that couldn't get to him, and was completely useless when they could. Covering the short routes will be key as well, as he was much more comfortable throwing passes of 10 yards and under.

This could all change in the NFL, of course, but from what I saw of him in college it was pretty stunning how night and day he was based on pressure. He also defies the usual black QB stereotype, as he's a pocket passer who lacks the mobility to escape the pocket and take off.

He actually has pretty good mobility , he just refuses to run . Kinda like the new Josh Freeman.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 18, 2013, 07:22:37 PM

well, the jets have Zero running game left. So there's that.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 18, 2013, 08:37:26 PM

well, the jets have Zero running game left. So there's that.

Ivory might have something to say about that

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jets rookie Geno Smith could debut vs. Bucs, Darrelle Revis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools