Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman..........How can I trust you? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#45 : May 20, 2013, 12:18:22 PM

Did he make the post season?  Yes?

What's the excuse if he makes it this year?

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#46 : May 20, 2013, 12:21:00 PM

Mannings 2012 season stats

Cmp%           Yds                         TD                    Int                        Rate

68.6             4659                        37                     11                        105.6

Not bad for "damaged goods".

Some of the most boring football you'll ever watch.  He threw 1 completion that went over 10 yards beyond the LOS against the Bucs.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

BigSombrero1

Rookie

#47 : May 20, 2013, 12:48:19 PM

Cmp%           Yds                         TD                    Int                        Rate

68.6             4659                        37                     11                        105.6

Some of the most boring football you'll ever watch.  He threw 1 completion that went over 10 yards beyond the LOS against the Bucs.
Im thankful for that.  He could have lit that horrible secondary up.

ingey1968

Starter

#48 : May 20, 2013, 12:49:35 PM

so to you its better to have a QB who looks "exciting" and completes 50 percent of his passes and constantly has a losing record . interesting.....    Bottom line is, To say the guy is done is beyond foolish. he was just behind AP in MVP vote, put up great numbers and guided his team to a 13-3 record with one of the harder schedules.  I wish we had a QB who was "shot" and "boring"

ingey1968

Starter

#49 : May 20, 2013, 12:53:58 PM

and as far as him dinking and dunking.... He was 2nd in the league in yards per completion behind RG3 and 3rd in pass plays over 20 yards behind Luck  and Brees

BigSombrero1

Rookie

#50 : May 20, 2013, 12:54:44 PM

so to you its better to have a QB who looks "exciting" and completes 50 percent of his passes and constantly has a losing record . interesting.....    Bottom line is, To say the guy is done is beyond foolish. he was just behind AP in MVP vote, put up great numbers and guided his team to a 13-3 record with one of the harder schedules.  I wish we had a QB who was "shot" and "boring"
No kidding.  Manning is still going strong and posting winning season after winning season while Free has posted 2 winning seasons in his 3 year college and 4 year pro career combined.  I'll take 40 year old Manning over 25 year old Free.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#51 : May 20, 2013, 12:55:10 PM

Im thankful for that.  He could have lit that horrible secondary up.

No, he couldn't... or he would have done it.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

ingey1968

Starter

#52 : May 20, 2013, 12:58:55 PM

the bottom line to all of this is that i dont think he is the same Manning as before the neck problems but to say he is "shot" is ridicules. the guy is elite. Dont dont have to have a cannon to be a great qb. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#53 : May 20, 2013, 01:20:36 PM

Yea...that isn't true.

2nd and 8 at DEN 32 (Shotgun) P.Manning pass deep right to D.Thomas to TB 40 for 28 yards (A.Black). (ball travelled about 20 yards in the air from the LOS)
1st and 10 at TB 39 P.Manning pass short right to J.Tamme to TB 24 for 15 yards (M.Barron). (Tamme was tackled immediately by Barron right at the 24 where Tamme caught the ball..."pass short right" is misleading)
1st and 10 at DEN 43 (Shotgun) P.Manning pass short left to J.Tamme to TB 43 for 14 yards (M.Foster). (Tamme caught the ball at the Bucs 45 and had 2 YAC yards, so he caught it 12 yards beyond the LOS)
3rd and 1 at TB 45 (Shotgun) P.Manning pass short middle to J.Tamme to TB 30 for 15 yards (A.Black). (Tamme caught the ball on a slide and Black made the "tackle" by essentially laying on him, zero YAC yards)

..and who cares if Manning didn't toss a ton of long balls. He recognized that the Bucs were completely out of position and out matched when it came to covering the underneath and short routes. He made them pay nearly all day and then sat on a lead for much of the second half. The dude is still an elite QB, even if his arm strength may not be what it was 5 years ago.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#54 : May 20, 2013, 01:35:40 PM

Slow your troll there a bit JC, I don't think Freeman is inconsistent at all and have stated so many times.  And your comparison is a joke even if I did.

So now exposing flaws in the Freeman bashers' arguments is trolling and a joke.

When Freeman throws 1 TD, 8 INTs the Bucs get blown out.
When Ryan does it the Falcons go 2-0.

When Freeman goes 14/34, 189, 2/0 the Bucs lose to a team that went 0-11 in their other last 11 games.
When Wilson goes 10/21, 130 yards, 2/0 the Seahawks beat the Green Bay Packers.

So your point is, the QB isn't the only factor involved in winning or losing a game, there's also a team involved. That's a very rational concept. It's something some here have rarely considered before......................and I doubt they will even now that you've made it. I happen to agree with you.
The question to be answered this year is, can Freeman win with good players around him?  He has all the physical tools that the elite QBs in the league have imo.  Where he has problems is between the ears.  Not saying he's dumb, I don't think he is.  He loses focus and can't keep his mind in the game without getting flustered at times.  Can you imagine what kind of QB Freeman would be if he had Peytons head on his shoulders.
Yeah, Freeman should be more like the greatest statistical QB in NFL history.
: May 20, 2013, 01:41:04 PM Feel Real Good

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ingey1968

Starter

#55 : May 20, 2013, 01:45:55 PM

My issue with Freeman isnt that he isnt pretty good because he is ok but he isnt elite and will never be so. By your 5th year you are what you are.  Chace's sig says it all..... Actually the problem isnt that Freeman stinks. He is average. He puts up good numbers just often enough to make you think he is better than he is. Bad and great are convincing. But mediocre makes you live with the delusion for too many years. He is just good enough to waste our time and not good enough to get us where we want to go.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#56 : May 20, 2013, 02:11:07 PM

Freeman is inconsistent.  That's why he's on the hot seat.  Dude's hasn't won anything of import since pop warner.  I'm sure its because he played on a bunch of bad defenses HIS WHOLE FREAKING LIFE!!!!!

Hilarious.

The one season he had an average defense the Bucs won 10 games, yes?

I think the fact that Raheem Morris' team quit on him the following after starting 4-2 (that's right, for 22 games they went 14-8 and quit on their head coach), tells me that the 10 win season was due to the soft schedule.  That plus the 9-1 record vs teams with a losing record and 1-5 record vs teams with a winning record.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#57 : May 20, 2013, 02:18:17 PM

Freeman is inconsistent.  That's why he's on the hot seat.  Dude's hasn't won anything of import since pop warner.  I'm sure its because he played on a bunch of bad defenses HIS WHOLE FREAKING LIFE!!!!!

Hilarious.

I think the fact that Raheem Morris' team quit on him the following after starting 4-2 (that's right, for 22 games they went 14-8 and quit on their head coach), tells me that the 10 win season was due to the soft schedule.  That plus the 9-1 record vs teams with a losing record and 1-5 record vs teams with a winning record.
So the fact that 13 of the 22 regular starters in 2010 aren't regular starters for any team in the NFL now is Freeman's fault?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#58 : May 20, 2013, 03:29:50 PM

Hilarious.

So the fact that 13 of the 22 regular starters in 2010 aren't regular starters for any team in the NFL now is Freeman's fault?

No.  Just saying that the 2010 defense was an "average defense" because of the soft schedule... not because they were actually an average defense talent-wise.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman..........How can I trust you? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools