Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Top 13 Players in the Division ? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#75 : May 19, 2013, 04:44:23 PM

It is a commentary on the sad state of the Bucs that one of our fans feels the need to try and rationalize a ten win non-playoff season
Thats not in this thread. Perhaps it's elsewhere.

There is an instance in this thread where (for the 2nd time) someone mistakenly said this team hasn't "sniffed" (see: been close to) the playoffs and had someone (also for the 2nd time) prove that the statement was inaccurate.

What is a commentary on the sad state of some fans is how that person initially tried to defend the statement, then tried the change the subject, and even now is still trying to deflect attention away from his mistake.

the "post something wrong then change subject, deflect attention" move is SOP for many on these boards, unfortunately.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#76 : May 19, 2013, 04:52:47 PM

I dunno if Revis is a lock for HOF at the moment. Hes been a great player for his career but has he won anything noteworthy? Will be a question that needs to be answered. If he wins a SB here he will go to the HOF but if he comes here and isnt as he was in NY then Id question that as well. Dude is still pretty young with some years to play. If those are solid then I think hes got a decent chance. Not a lock though.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#77 : May 19, 2013, 04:55:03 PM

News flash:  Revis is NOT a HOF'er.  Holy crap our fanbase is delusional.

Pimp that ten wins all you want.  Bears are too.  They fired their guy.  Five years and no playoffs.  THAT SUCKS MAJOR DONKEY **CENSORED** AND YOU FANS NEED TO WAKE THE F UP!!!!

STFU.

Always crying FOR ATTENTION

fixed it

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#78 : May 19, 2013, 05:05:06 PM

OMG...I'm laughing hysterically at the juvenile responses.  What's next your dad is going to beat up my dad?  Your momma jokes coming soon?

I didn't realize this was the high school red board....my bad.
thats what it's become.  Full of snot nosed high schoolers while the mature and knowledgable posters like Java get banned. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#79 : May 19, 2013, 05:34:50 PM

I dunno if Revis is a lock for HOF at the moment. Hes been a great player for his career but has he won anything noteworthy? Will be a question that needs to be answered. If he wins a SB here he will go to the HOF but if he comes here and isnt as he was in NY then Id question that as well. Dude is still pretty young with some years to play. If those are solid then I think hes got a decent chance. Not a lock though.

4 Pro Bowls

NFL defensive player of the year 2009

NFL interception return yards leader 2011

Ranked the 8th best player in the NFL  2011

Ranked the 5th best player in the NFL  2012

He already has better stats than a lot of CB's in the HOF already, and he has a few years left to add to his resume.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#80 : May 19, 2013, 05:36:17 PM

OMG...I'm laughing hysterically at the juvenile responses.  What's next your dad is going to beat up my dad?  Your momma jokes coming soon?

I didn't realize this was the high school red board....my bad.
thats what it's become.  Full of snot nosed high schoolers while the mature and knowledgable posters like Java get banned.

"Java" and "mature"  should never be used in the same sentance.  Just sayin.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#81 : May 19, 2013, 05:55:27 PM

It is a commentary on the sad state of the Bucs that one of our fans feels the need to try and rationalize a ten win non-playoff season

There is an instance in this thread where (for the 2nd time) someone mistakenly said this team hasn't "sniffed" (see: been close to) the playoffs and had someone (also for the 2nd time) prove that the statement was inaccurate.

What is a commentary on the sad state of some fans is how that person initially tried to defend the statement, then tried the change the subject, and even now is still trying to deflect attention away from his mistake.

the "post something wrong then change subject, deflect attention" move is SOP for many on these boards, unfortunately.

That's true.  I remember when some idiot compared Ronde Barber's retirement to Derrick Brooks being cut.  That moron tried to change the subject as well.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#82 : May 19, 2013, 06:42:44 PM

The '10 NFC Wild Card games were in Seattle and Philadelphia.  I can only guess that there was an aroma of BBQ wafting about the tailgates around their stadiums. The Packers and Giants also got to sniff them. Bucs... Raymond James, Tampa Bay?  Not so much...  Btw, I had all of those Powerball numbers even if I didn't buy a ticket.
Just so we're clear:

the 2010 Giants sniffed the playoffs at 10-6 but missing the playoffs, but the 2010 Bucs who had the same record didn't.

Thank you, thats all I needed to know.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#83 : May 19, 2013, 06:44:24 PM

The '10 NFC Wild Card games were in Seattle and Philadelphia.  I can only guess that there was an aroma of BBQ wafting about the tailgates around their stadiums. The Packers and Giants also got to sniff them. Bucs... Raymond James, Tampa Bay?  Not so much...  Btw, I had all of those Powerball numbers even if I didn't buy a ticket.
Just so we're clear:

the 2010 Giants sniffed the playoffs at 10-6 but missing the playoffs, but the 2010 Bucs who had the same record didn't.

Thank you, thats all I needed to know.

That's how it works.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

big_JLB

Starter

#84 : May 19, 2013, 07:24:13 PM

LOL its like gametime is hakeem nicks and anomaly and calico are like wright and talib getting dog walked in the giants game

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#85 : May 19, 2013, 07:25:15 PM

LOL its like gametime is hakeem nicks and anomaly and calico are like wright and talib getting dog walked in the giants game

Really?  What did that supposed sniff smell like?

big_JLB

Starter

#86 : May 19, 2013, 07:28:22 PM

You really didn't.
I can't believe the comprehension levels that Bucs fans possess.

Remember when you told us you could smell the BBQ from outside? It's the same as sniffing the playoffs at 10 wins.  You are on the outside, but you are close. Or maybe you just don't understand the analogy, 'so close I can smell it'?

Calico then admitted as much with the phrase horseshoes and hand grenades. In case you aren't aware, that phrase means something is close, but it just doesn't matter.  So now calico is contradicting himself.

BBQ analogies aren't playoffs.  Got it? There are only 6 playoff spots.  Bucs had the 7th spot.  Out of the tournament before it started.  You feel like that's an accomplishment?

would be the sniff in question ...from the horses mouth
: May 19, 2013, 07:30:46 PM big_JLB

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#87 : May 19, 2013, 07:33:04 PM

You really didn't.
I can't believe the comprehension levels that Bucs fans possess.

Remember when you told us you could smell the BBQ from outside? It's the same as sniffing the playoffs at 10 wins.  You are on the outside, but you are close. Or maybe you just don't understand the analogy, 'so close I can smell it'?

Calico then admitted as much with the phrase horseshoes and hand grenades. In case you aren't aware, that phrase means something is close, but it just doesn't matter.  So now calico is contradicting himself.

BBQ analogies aren't playoffs.  Got it? There are only 6 playoff spots.  Bucs had the 7th spot.  Out of the tournament before it started.  You feel like that's an accomplishment?

would be the sniff in question, from the horses mouth

Come back when you figure it out.  You don't get a sniff if you aren't in.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#88 : May 19, 2013, 08:10:11 PM

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Sniffing/almost sniffing the playoffs is now a big deal under this crap regime.  Our bar and the bars on this board have been retarded by all the failures.

I refuse to argue semantics anymore.  If Revis doesn't return to form and play at a high level the guy is NOT going to the HOF.   If his career ended now he doesn't get in.  Hopefully, that's not the case.

big_JLB

Starter

#89 : May 19, 2013, 08:30:47 PM

Come back when you figure it out.  You don't get a sniff if you aren't in.

"getting in" would imply more than sniffing. "getting in" is like having a slice of the pie, or having a piece of the cake (ie: the playoffs ...if we're assuming that the playoffs is what you're sniffing). sniffing implies that you can only smell of something. or that you're CLOSE ENOUGH TO SMELL IT BUT YOU CANT HAVE ANY, which at points this team has done. recently, until week 11 of last season.
: May 19, 2013, 08:32:32 PM big_JLB

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Top 13 Players in the Division ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools