Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Top 13 Players in the Division ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 19, 2013, 12:21:27 PM

Reality will b**ch slap most of the homers after season starts. Then we will get multiple " Fire Schiano" threads.
what's Reality?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ingey1968

Starter

#31 : May 19, 2013, 12:28:02 PM

that this team is building towards being a serious threat but aren't there yet. Spotty qb play at best, very little depth at alot positions.  rarely does any NFL team get through the season without injuries.  A defensive line that is all potential and very little production. Cbs are thin outside of Revis.  Banks is a rookie and Wright just isnt very good.  If we can win 8-9 games this season i think that would be very good but most here will jump off a bridge if the Bucs dont win 12 or more. 

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 19, 2013, 12:30:08 PM

Does anyone honestly believe that an elite CB has anywhere the same impact as an elite QB?

I would take any elite QB over our guy PLUS Revis.  It is funny to read this board lately.  You'd think we were defending SB champs not a team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs in six years.

I missed where it said which 13 players have the most impact, I thought it was the top 13 players. In that sense ask yourself if a 100% healthy Revis is a better CB than Ryan or Brees are QBs. So while QB is certainly the more important position and I would pick Brees over Revis, it does not mean that Brees is a better, more talented football player. All things being equal, Revis spends his Sundays being better than QBs and recievers, and is probably the best "football" player in the NFCS.

I'm so sick of some of our fan base.  Brees is better than Revis.  It is a fact.  Deal with it.  And feel free to show me in any given year in history where a CB was the best player in the NFL.  You can't.  Because they'll never be.  An elite CB is far down on the list of impact positions. 

Freeman will determine whether we make the playoffs.  Not revis...sobering isn't it.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 19, 2013, 12:32:43 PM

The fact Freeman isn't on this list is the reason why I think it's funny many if you think we are going to win the division.  You can't win a division with the 3rd or 4th best QB!

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 19, 2013, 12:33:21 PM

Hasn't sniffed the playoffs
that's gotta be the least intelligent line I read on these boards

Obviously you haven't read much of your own stuff

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 19, 2013, 12:36:27 PM

This is what the author said:

"The Darrelle Revis of 2011 is one of the five best players in the NFL, and might even be more important to his team than Drew Brees is"

author - "to his team"

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 19, 2013, 12:40:13 PM

Hasn't sniffed the playoffs
that's gotta be the least intelligent line I read on these boards

Obviously you haven't read much of your own stuff
Ha. Then please explain how a 10 win season doesn't even sniff the playoffs. Thanks.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ingey1968

Starter

#37 : May 19, 2013, 12:40:33 PM

Editor of @ThePewterPlank, staff writer for Rays Colored Glasses, fan of Tampa area sports.  so i would have to say he is could be viewed as a homer.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 19, 2013, 12:43:48 PM

Don't you have to be there to get a sniff?

Dominik specialized in acquiring talented players who were bad fits for his coaches. - FootballOutsiders

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 19, 2013, 01:00:07 PM

Lol...how pathetic we've become that I now have some myopic fan trying to rationalize a season where we DID not make the playoffs.  We whiffed not sniffed.

Close eh?  Horseshoes and hand granades.

jaybuc1

Rookie
#40 : May 19, 2013, 01:04:57 PM

Does anyone honestly believe that an elite CB has anywhere the same impact as an elite QB?

I would take any elite QB over our guy PLUS Revis.  It is funny to read this board lately.  You'd think we were defending SB champs not a team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs in six years.

I missed where it said which 13 players have the most impact, I thought it was the top 13 players. In that sense ask yourself if a 100% healthy Revis is a better CB than Ryan or Brees are QBs. So while QB is certainly the more important position and I would pick Brees over Revis, it does not mean that Brees is a better, more talented football player. All things being equal, Revis spends his Sundays being better than QBs and recievers, and is probably the best "football" player in the NFCS.

I'm so sick of some of our fan base.  Brees is better than Revis.  It is a fact.  Deal with it.  And feel free to show me in any given year in history where a CB was the best player in the NFL.  You can't.  Because they'll never be.  An elite CB is far down on the list of impact positions. 

Freeman will determine whether we make the playoffs.  Not revis...sobering isn't it.

Reading comprehension. Revis is a better football player than Brees. I never said Revis had more impact on a game than someone who touches the ball 70 times a game.

Put it this way, if Revis moved to QB and Brees moved to CB, I am quite certain that Revis would play better QB than Brees would play CB. And that's because Revis is a better and more talented FOOTBALL player than Brees.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#41 : May 19, 2013, 01:19:18 PM

Brees is every bit as good a QB as Revis is a CB.  The guy is a HoFer. 

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 19, 2013, 01:21:49 PM

Reading comprehension. Revis is a better football player than Brees. I never said Revis had more impact on a game than someone who touches the ball 70 times a game.

Put it this way, if Revis moved to QB and Brees moved to CB, I am quite certain that Revis would play better QB than Brees would play CB. And that's because Revis is a better and more talented FOOTBALL player than Brees.

What the F are you talking about?  Switched positions?  Huh?  Maybe Revis is too stupid to play quarterback...lol.  What in god's name are you blathering about?

My simple point is that an elite QB is always > an elite CB.  It has always been this way and it will always be that way.  Deal with it.

PS Forget the word "impact", mmmkay.  Best QB>best cb  always and forever.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#43 : May 19, 2013, 01:23:55 PM

Lol...how pathetic we've become that I now have some myopic fan trying to rationalize a season where we DID not make the playoffs.  We whiffed not sniffed.

Close eh?  Horseshoes and hand granades.
-says we haven't "sniffed" playoffs

2011 10 win team is brought up

-says its "pathetic" that fanbase is bringing up teams that almost made the playoffs while on the subject of team almost making playoffs
-then says being close to making the playoffs doesn't matter after saying how sad it is that we haven't been close

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#44 : May 19, 2013, 01:25:07 PM

Don't you have to be there to get a sniff?
depends on how **CENSORED**ty your nose is.

I can smell things in the other room or down the hallway.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Top 13 Players in the Division ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools