Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Top 13 Players in the Division ? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

« #90 : May 19, 2013, 08:36:21 PM »

Is this a t-ball thing?

http://www.rantsports.com/nhl/2013/05/16/despite-excruciating-playoff-defeat-toronto-maple-leafs-have-much-to-be-proud-of/

While Toronto’s Game Seven collapse was bitter, let’s not lose sight of their opponent. The Boston Bruins are a battle-hardened squad, one that knows what it takes to win, whereas the majority of Toronto’s players were getting their first sniff of playoff hockey. Their mistakes simply come down to inexperience.
« : May 19, 2013, 08:40:45 PM CalicoJack55 »

My logo is bigger than your logo

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #91 : May 19, 2013, 08:42:14 PM »

13 seems like a weird number, so I'll shoot for ten.

1. Brees - We hate him, but we have to respect what he's done with that team. They were nothing without him. As the only current QB in the nfcs that has a ring, he deserves his place at #1.
2. Vincent Jackson - I know some would consider this too high, but considering the transition going well, his abilities on the field, and his solid work ethic, I think we could rank him up there with the rest in general, not just the nfcs. He's changed the whole face of the Tampa offense.
3. Ryan -  Again, a guy we love to hate. He deserves a high spot for the last few seasons. He may not win them the big game, but at least he can get them there.
4. Doug martin - Another new player we brag about. The muscle hamster is legit, and is not only the best RB in the Nfcs, but possibly the NFL.
5. White - The guy was on his A game before JJ ever came around. Jj has his moves, but White would be the guy I'd worry about the most.
6. Jones - will be one of the better Wideouts in the nfl for a long time. Mismatch nightmare.
7. Kuechley - I liked the kid out of the draft, and even after Doug burned him, I still see him as a solid tackler they can depend on for a long time.
8. Revis - He gets in here by name alone. If he were to have already played a year at his previous form, he would be much higher on my list.
9. Freeman - His ability to win in the 4th will come in handy now that he has a improved defense. Maybe he won't even need to be the comeback kid anymore, but one thing is for sure, he's broken records for the bucs, and IMO, deserves some respect for it.
10. All the talent in the world, stuck in a teeny-tiny brain. Brain of Claiborne, attitude of Geno Smith. People complain about freeman's up and down performances, but Cam is out there doing the superman one week, then next week sitting under a towel hiding his face.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #92 : May 19, 2013, 09:19:47 PM »

You could make an argument Gerald belongs on the list. 

I'd like to see that argument.

Can I pick and choose which games I make my argument from?

A good example why stats are not the be all / end all for judging a players value.  Dude is ballin big time right now. and if he stays healthy, could be Hawaii bound  many more times.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

ingey1968

Starter

« #93 : May 19, 2013, 10:26:02 PM »

I am starting to think benchwarmer is actually java and he just got tired of being absurdly negative and decided to be absurdly positive about the team

13 seems like a weird number, so I'll shoot for ten.

1. Brees - We hate him, but we have to respect what he's done with that team. They were nothing without him. As the only current QB in the nfcs that has a ring, he deserves his place at #1.
2. Vincent Jackson - I know some would consider this too high, but considering the transition going well, his abilities on the field, and his solid work ethic, I think we could rank him up there with the rest in general, not just the nfcs. He's changed the whole face of the Tampa offense.
3. Ryan -  Again, a guy we love to hate. He deserves a high spot for the last few seasons. He may not win them the big game, but at least he can get them there.
4. Doug martin - Another new player we brag about. The muscle hamster is legit, and is not only the best RB in the Nfcs, but possibly the NFL.
5. White - The guy was on his A game before JJ ever came around. Jj has his moves, but White would be the guy I'd worry about the most.
6. Jones - will be one of the better Wideouts in the nfl for a long time. Mismatch nightmare.
7. Kuechley - I liked the kid out of the draft, and even after Doug burned him, I still see him as a solid tackler they can depend on for a long time.
8. Revis - He gets in here by name alone. If he were to have already played a year at his previous form, he would be much higher on my list.
9. Freeman - His ability to win in the 4th will come in handy now that he has a improved defense. Maybe he won't even need to be the comeback kid anymore, but one thing is for sure, he's broken records for the bucs, and IMO, deserves some respect for it.
10. All the talent in the world, stuck in a teeny-tiny brain. Brain of Claiborne, attitude of Geno Smith. People complain about freeman's up and down performances, but Cam is out there doing the superman one week, then next week sitting under a towel hiding his face.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #94 : May 19, 2013, 11:12:07 PM »

1. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
 2. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
 3. Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons
 4. Tony Gonzalez, Atlanta Falcons
 5. Vincent Jackson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
 6. Darrelle Revis, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
 7. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
 8. tie: Steve Smith, Carolina Panthers and Roddy White, Atlanta Falcons
 10. tie: Doug Martin, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints
 12. Luke Kuechly, Carolina Panthers
 13. Charles Johnson, Carolina Panthers
Honorable mention: William Moore, Atlanta Falcons; Lavonte David, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Gonzo is too high.
Cam is too high.
Sproles should replace Kuechly.
Evans/Nicks/Gross as a combo should be on this list, bumping off Johnson.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #95 : May 19, 2013, 11:21:41 PM »

Crap. Forgot Gonzo. He's probably somewhere around six or seventh in the division.

I guess Cam isn't even on my top ten list in the division then.

...And Ingey, that's a horrible thing to say about anyone. Take it back.
« : May 19, 2013, 11:29:21 PM Benchwarmer#1 »

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

ingey1968

Starter

« #96 : May 20, 2013, 02:03:07 PM »

ok, I take it back. lol.
  Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Top 13 Players in the Division ? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools