Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman says relationship with Schiano is great « previous next »
Page: 1 2

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 19, 2013, 07:40:10 PM

An old topic, but everything I've heard is Josh is very receptive to coaching, which is step #1 in a coach/player relationship. With the acquisition of a legit competitor to Josh in Mike Glennon,
it will be interesting to see how Josh reacts if/when he has a brain fart day and Schiano decides to sit him for Glennon. I actully think Josh understands Schiano wants to win and would roll with whatever Schiano's decisions are...

Being willing and being able are two completely different things.  I think one of the prime reasons we saw the Glennon pick, is that Josh is not growing. 

Take a look at his career.  After his rookie half-season, he got his sea legs under him, got acclimated to the speed of the game and all that.  And then he flatlined.  He is exactly the same QB he was at the start of his 2010 season.  He hasn't improved in any area at all.  He's had pro coaching for four years already.  If he was ever going to learn to read a defense he would have done so by now.  If he was ever going to learn to go through his progressions, he'd have done so.  So whatever his willingness to take coaching, I doubt his ability to do so.

Doc, in all seriousness, that post above is total junk, completely slanted bs from a Freeman basher.  Same QB he was at the start of 2010?  C'mon man . . .Hasnt improved AT ALL in a ANY area?  Wtf? He's had PRO COACHING for four years?  Yikes . .  yeah the last year of Morris looked like "pro coaching"

The guy has some flaws and he took some steps back, but also some steps forward

You and JC5100 should have a dance off as the the two extreme emotional basket cases when it comes to Freeman.  JC loves the guy so much he cant type straight and you hate the guy so much . .  well .  . you type stuff like that above .  . . and worse.

gone

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 19, 2013, 07:55:51 PM

An old topic, but everything I've heard is Josh is very receptive to coaching, which is step #1 in a coach/player relationship. With the acquisition of a legit competitor to Josh in Mike Glennon,
it will be interesting to see how Josh reacts if/when he has a brain fart day and Schiano decides to sit him for Glennon. I actully think Josh understands Schiano wants to win and would roll with whatever Schiano's decisions are...

Being willing and being able are two completely different things.  I think one of the prime reasons we saw the Glennon pick, is that Josh is not growing. 

Take a look at his career.  After his rookie half-season, he got his sea legs under him, got acclimated to the speed of the game and all that.  And then he flatlined.  He is exactly the same QB he was at the start of his 2010 season.  He hasn't improved in any area at all.  He's had pro coaching for four years already.  If he was ever going to learn to read a defense he would have done so by now.  If he was ever going to learn to go through his progressions, he'd have done so.  So whatever his willingness to take coaching, I doubt his ability to do so.

Doc, in all seriousness, that post above is total junk, completely slanted bs from a Freeman basher.  Same QB he was at the start of 2010?  C'mon man . . .Hasnt improved AT ALL in a ANY area?  Wtf? He's had PRO COACHING for four years?  Yikes . .  yeah the last year of Morris looked like "pro coaching"

You and JC5100 should have a dance off as the the two extreme emotional basket cases when it comes to Freeman.  JC loves the guy so much he cant type straight and you hate the guy so much . .  well .  . you type stuff like that above .  . . and worse.

You are trying too hard to play "Mr. Objective" today.  Freeman does exactly the same things he did back then, which is the primary reason I have given up on him.  Nothing has changed. What has he improved at?  Show me a list of all these wonderful strides Josh has made.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#17 : May 19, 2013, 08:40:47 PM

You are trying too hard to play "Mr. Objective" today.  Freeman does exactly the same things he did back then, which is the primary reason I have given up on him.  Nothing has changed. What has he improved at?  Show me a list of all these wonderful strides Josh has made.

cmon man . .you cant be that hopeless.  Here's another way t0 illustrate the point, no need for you to respond though.

We should be able to agree that no one player is ALL GOOD or ALL BAD, right? So, Free was bad in comp percentage BUT good in yards.  Free lost some games but won some as well.  Free was awful toward the end but very good sometimes in the beginning. He was neither ALL GOOD nor ALL BAD . . . agreed?

Go find the first post of yours - going back into the season even - solely lauding Freeman's play. I certainly don't recall one, could be wrong, but I bet there are a dozen or more negative posts just on this board in the last few days -- and by negative I am including things like seeing only the negative in Schiano's quote. You're not trying to assess Freeman, you're arguing against him

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman says relationship with Schiano is great « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools