Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who was the fastest player in NFL history? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#45 : May 20, 2013, 08:27:16 AM

OP

I think the title should read who was the fastest NFL star. There are a lot of guys fans don't hear about with serious wheels. Kareem Huggins was able to run a 4.2 in the 40 all day but the average NFL fan never heard of him.  There a "a lot" of players in that boat.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#46 : May 20, 2013, 08:36:02 AM

Late to the party. Strictly in terms of guys who looked fastest on the field (none of the 40s or previous track stuff), I'd say Deion, Darrell Green, and Willie Gault really jump out for me. Neihmiah was fast, but I don't think played as fast as he was.

I'm guessing Prime Time was faster than Green, but I don't know that I've ever seen a guy track a player down like Green did.

I'm amazed by guys who seem fast throughout their career - Green, Prime, Cliff Branch, Stanley "the Steamer" Morgan, Joey Galloway - they entered the league fast, and left it fast.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#47 : May 20, 2013, 08:52:33 AM

Late to the party. Strictly in terms of guys who looked fastest on the field (none of the 40s or previous track stuff), I'd say Deion, Darrell Green, and Willie Gault really jump out for me. Neihmiah was fast, but I don't think played as fast as he was.

I'm guessing Prime Time was faster than Green, but I don't know that I've ever seen a guy track a player down like Green did.

I'm amazed by guys who seem fast throughout their career - Green, Prime, Cliff Branch, Stanley "the Steamer" Morgan, Joey Galloway - they entered the league fast, and left it fast.
Those guys amazed me with how they kept that speed all thru their careers.. Joey Galloway could probably jump out off bed and run a 4.3 in his last years.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#48 : May 20, 2013, 03:36:02 PM

Some 100m heats for you. These guys were all outstanding sprinters in college.

1.Sam Graddy...Tenn*
2.Willie Gault...Tenn*
3.Alvis Whitted...NCSt*
4.Jacoby Ford...Clemson*
5.Bob Hayes..FAMU
6.Trinton Holliday....LSU
7.Darrel Green...Tex A&I
8.Ron Brown...ASU*

1.Mike Miller...Tenn
2.Jamaal Charles...Texas
3.Michael Bennett...Wisconsin*
4.Curtis **CENSORED**ey...Texas A&M
5.James Jett...WV*
6.James Trapp...Clemson*
7.Michael Bates...Arizona
8.Phil Epps...TCU

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who was the fastest player in NFL history? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools