Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: does anyone else worry about... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

audioboy

Rookie

: May 19, 2013, 12:12:16 PM

rotoworld has another blurb about how much Schiano loves Glennon.

Is anyone else worried that he may drive a huge wedge between Freeman and the organization?  We all know Free is going into the season on a "one year, make it or break it" deal.  What happens if Free goes out and had a stellar Pro Bowl season?  Surely he and his agents will remember this offseason and will use it as a negotiating tool. It seems fairly clear Schiano isn't the biggest fan of Freeman.  I could see them making the Bucs overpay to keep him here.  we all know Josh has had his ups and downs, but he has always been a company guy and said all the right things.  With all the "lack of positive statements" Schiano has made about a Freeman I wouldn' t blame him one bit if he was starting to take it personally and started to hold it against the entire organization.  It's a two way negotiating street, if he does great we want him back and want him happy. I wish Sciano would start to tone it back a little.  We have seen flashes of brilliance with Josh, don't fall so hard for the new 3rd round pick that you start to piss off our best existing QB.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 19, 2013, 12:13:46 PM

rotoworld has another blurb about how much Schiano loves Glennon.

Is anyone else worried that he may drive a huge wedge between Freeman and the organization?  We all know Free is going into the season on a "one year, make it or break it" deal.  What happens if Free goes out and had a stellar Pro Bowl season?  Surely he and his agents will remember this offseason and will use it as a negotiating tool. It seems fairly clear Schiano isn't the biggest fan of Freeman.  I could see them making the Bucs overpay to keep him here.  we all know Josh has had his ups and downs, but he has always been a company guy and said all the right things.  With all the "lack of positive statements" Schiano has made about a Freeman I wouldn' t blame him one bit if he was starting to take it personally and started to hold it against the entire organization.  It's a two way negotiating street, if he does great we want him back and want him happy. I wish Sciano would start to tone it back a little.  We have seen flashes of brilliance with Josh, don't fall so hard for the new 3rd round pick that you start to piss off our best existing QB.

What's to worry about?

My logo is bigger than your logo

audioboy

Rookie

#2 : May 19, 2013, 12:24:26 PM

I'd worry that Free will have a great season and tell Schiano that the price went up 20% to sign him.  Just imagine what you would tell your boss if he  kept telling you how great your replacement was going to be and then you had your best year and it was time to renegotiate. I say the price would go up dramatically.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 19, 2013, 12:26:28 PM

I don't even begin to know how to worry about that.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 19, 2013, 12:26:31 PM

Dom nor the glazers will care about the money if free truly has a great season.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 19, 2013, 12:29:40 PM

I'm not worried. Freeman has shown he's capable of winning games in this leage and it's not like he's being asked to win games by himself. We have a solid ground game and an improving pass defense to go along with the leagues best run D. If we don't get to the playoffs with this talent, it speaks more about Schiano's coaching than Freemans accuracy.
That said, if Freeman doesnt get the big contract to stay here, there will be a number of teams in a bidding war for his services.My guess is Freeman earns a franchise contract to stay in Tampa.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 19, 2013, 12:31:00 PM

let the best player win . .  who care who it is?

ingey1968

Starter

#7 : May 19, 2013, 12:31:09 PM

of course he is blowing sunshine up Glennons arse, Is he suppose to say he is a career backup? As hard as it is to say, Freeman is going to have to carry this team if we are going to be good at all.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#8 : May 19, 2013, 12:39:37 PM

Worried? No. Schiano wants Glennon to start. Schiano is a dope and will be out of a job soon enough.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#9 : May 19, 2013, 12:41:30 PM

Why all the nonsense about Glennon?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 19, 2013, 12:41:32 PM

Quote from: MiltonMack21 link=topic=1305616.msg1933167#msg1933167 date=
t. Schiano is a dope and will be out of a job soon enough.
how soon?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 19, 2013, 12:49:36 PM

Freeman will start and finish the season. Glennon will be the backup QB. Orlovsky will be gone. Glennon only sees the field if Freeman stinks it up for a few weeks like last year or Freeman goes down with an injury. Schiano nor Dom are going anyhere. Bucs go 11 and 5 and make the playoffs. Next year the Bucs rebuild the Oline and draft for depth like TE, LB, Slot Receiver and Dline depth and go deep into the playoffs. Solid for a decade and always in the hunt. Dom and Schiano work well together. Franchise turnaround complete.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

BlackBeard

Rookie

#12 : May 19, 2013, 12:50:07 PM

My cousin goes to the same church as Schiano's son and according to him Schiano hates Free, thinks he's a crybaby, and think he's lazy,   

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#13 : May 19, 2013, 12:52:41 PM

There are few things in life that a man should worry about....this is not one of them.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 19, 2013, 12:53:44 PM

Worry about Freeman being a pro bowler?  Bawhaha!!!!  Yeah, I can't sleep at night. 

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: does anyone else worry about... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools