Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: does anyone else worry about... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 19, 2013, 06:32:07 PM

Freemans accuracy is a major problem.
No it's not. His completion % is low but makes up for it with YPA.

Craziness!

Learn something. YPA takes into account how often you complete passes and how long they're for.

lol

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

gone

Hall of Famer
#31 : May 19, 2013, 07:10:28 PM

I'd worry that Free will have a great season and tell Schiano that the price went up 20% to sign him.  Just imagine what you would tell your boss if he  kept telling you how great your replacement was going to be and then you had your best year and it was time to renegotiate. I say the price would go up dramatically.

Glennon will have no impact on price, you're being ridiculous. 

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : May 19, 2013, 07:13:03 PM

True and a good example of what makes message boards funny. 

It's only a good example of fans not knowing that they want. Everyone wanted a vertical passing game that put up yards and points, they get it then complain about completion percentage.

Damn right.... when the guy can't consistently hit the wide open crossing pattern that would result in a first down and extension of a drive, there is a problem.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#33 : May 19, 2013, 07:33:04 PM

It's only a good example of fans not knowing that they want. Everyone wanted a vertical passing game that put up yards and points, they get it then complain about completion percentage.

JC, you're trying too hard, that is my point. 

You're trying so hard to defend Freeman that you're taking absurd positions because you have Messageboarditis --- ie, any concession equals failure. Anyone with eyes and a memory knows Freeman missed many short passes this season too. This season there is NO DOUBT he had a BIG completion percentage problem.  Your argument is absurd and there are certainly many other defenses that are better than some of your stuff BUT you lose all credibility (as do the obvious "haters") when you dont concede the obvious

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 19, 2013, 07:47:53 PM

You're trying so hard to defend Freeman that you're taking absurd positions because you have Messageboarditis --- ie, any concession equals failure. Anyone with eyes and a memory knows Freeman missed many short passes this season too. This season there is NO DOUBT he had a BIG completion percentage problem.  Your argument is absurd and there are certainly many other defenses that are better than some of your stuff BUT you lose all credibility (as do the obvious "haters") when you dont concede the obvious

Let me ask you something, what's a more accurate ranking of QBs? List A or List B

A
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/yardsPerPassAttempt

B
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/completionPct

audioboy

Rookie

#35 : May 19, 2013, 08:47:16 PM

I'd worry that Free will have a great season and tell Schiano that the price went up 20% to sign him.  Just imagine what you would tell your boss if he  kept telling you how great your replacement was going to be and then you had your best year and it was time to renegotiate. I say the price would go up dramatically.

Glennon isn't the point.  As I originally stated my concern is Schiano's constant lack of support.  I'm concerned Freeman takes it as a lack of respect and makes renegotiation difficult

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#36 : May 19, 2013, 08:56:46 PM

Glennon isn't the point.  As I originally stated my concern is Schiano's constant lack of support.  I'm concerned Freeman takes it as a lack of respect and makes renegotiation difficult

You mean like the guy out in San Fran who worked hard to get a second NFL contract so he could call out Schiano, who told him he wouldn't last long if he didn't work hard?

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

audioboy

Rookie

#37 : May 19, 2013, 09:26:35 PM

You mean like the guy out in San Fran who worked hard to get a second NFL contract so he could call out Schiano, who told him he wouldn't last long if he didn't work hard?

Not sure I know who you are speaking of?  I don't recall anyone calling out Schiano.  If it is Alex Smith, who worked hard to get a second contract, and handled it with class when Harbaugh benched him, then that is a good example of how things worked out.  I'm more concerned about a Caron Palmer type situation who refused to play for The Bengals when he felt disrespected.  I think Free has shown lots of class so far, but I still think there is the potential to have a wedge driven between Freeman and the organization.  I don't think it's ever good having a disgruntled starting QB

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 19, 2013, 09:30:34 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000157867/article/anthony-davis-calls-out-greg-schiano-after-big-contract

It's called motivation.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

gone

Hall of Famer
#39 : May 19, 2013, 10:32:08 PM

I got your point the first time.  And you're being ridiculous.  That's a very childish stance for an adult to take, "you didn't support me enough".  People with maturity issues let stuff like that affect them.  Say what you like about Josh but I don't see maturity as an issue with him.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 19, 2013, 10:45:23 PM

Some skulls are just too think to penetrate, vin.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: does anyone else worry about... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools