Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO SAYS FREEMAN IS BUCS QB « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
« : May 20, 2013, 02:41:35 PM »

Over the last few months rumors have abounded that head coach and Greg Schiano and quarterback Josh Freeman don't have the best of relationships. On Monday, both Schiano and Freeman made it clear there are no issues and Schiano also said that Freeman is the Bucs quarterback in 2013.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8910

RaHonde Barber

Rookie

« #1 : May 20, 2013, 02:49:30 PM »

I'm sick of these QB articles already and we still have four months to go...

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #2 : May 20, 2013, 04:06:01 PM »

Yes, he did. And I don't expect that to change anytime soon, which totally makes sense.
    However, this from the article puzzled me: "...Schiano seemed intent on slamming the door shut on the possibility that rookie quarterback Mike Glennon could unseat Freeman in 2013."??.  I never heard Schiano say anything at all about later this season, next season, etc. I never heard that discussed at all. He was totally focused on the present; he even said some specifics of TC had not been worked out as yet.
    Probably the most positive news was that Adrian Clayborn was in GREAT shape and had a very different body than this time last year!

nitey

Hall of Famer
« #3 : May 20, 2013, 04:22:29 PM »

Reporters are just trying to find controversy where none exists. Schiano wants competition at every position and I don't think he felt that Dan pushed Josh at all. I'm not sure that isn't more a reflection of Dan than it is of Josh.

There is no message, there really is no controversy, just do your job better than the guy next to you OR the guy next to you is going to take it. It's just that simple.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
« #4 : May 20, 2013, 04:36:33 PM »

Yes, he did. And I don't expect that to change anytime soon, which totally makes sense.
    However, this from the article puzzled me: "...Schiano seemed intent on slamming the door shut on the possibility that rookie quarterback Mike Glennon could unseat Freeman in 2013."??.  I never heard Schiano say anything at all about later this season, next season, etc. I never heard that discussed at all. He was totally focused on the present; he even said some specifics of TC had not been worked out as yet.
    Probably the most positive news was that Adrian Clayborn was in GREAT shape and had a very different body than this time last year!

From http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-5760.html

What will matter for Glennon moving forward isn’t how he compares to Flacco. It’s how he compares to Freeman. No one expects Glennon to beat out Freeman this year. But it’s not out of the question.

Schiano said he believes Glennon “can play quickly” if he is needed. “But our situation will be only if he’s needed,” he said. “Or if he wins the job. Look, I’m not against that. We have a starting quarterback. It’s not like we’re looking to find a starter. But competition is competition. Mike Glennon is a fierce competitor. I knew that when he was coming out of high school. Now being able to work with him a little, you can see it on the practice field.”

Glennon will get a chance. Maybe this year. Maybe next, after Freeman’s contract expires. Maybe farther on down the line.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #5 : May 20, 2013, 06:56:23 PM »

Exactly as I see it, Nitey.
    Thanks for the clarification, Mark!
    I gather from some posters they are of a highly "Anti-Josh" nature; that's their business. I'm not one of them and don't mean to imply that at all.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #6 : May 20, 2013, 07:53:26 PM »

If Schiano wants to shut the door on this maybe-it-is-maybe-it-isn't "controversy" all he needs to do is STFU. 

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

« #7 : May 20, 2013, 08:05:46 PM »

Last year it was Blount vs Martin.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #8 : May 20, 2013, 08:19:09 PM »

Now that one went down to the wire Too close to call

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #9 : May 20, 2013, 08:19:30 PM »

LOL; Schiano did say jokingly in today's PC S(ing)TFU could be the best answer... 8)
   With the media, it won't die 'til Josh is carrying off the Lombardi...

CanadianBuc

Starter
« #10 : May 20, 2013, 08:49:20 PM »

It was a good move by Schiano, just flat out say Free is the QB of the team, it is his team and MOST importantly. They DO have a good relationship.

It was also good to hear Clay was in good shape + in todays offence OTA review they said our secondary shut out our O without Revis so that means Wright and Banks are playing very well or our safeties are wrecking it up

ingey1968

Starter

« #11 : May 20, 2013, 09:08:56 PM »

Actually i am glad someone was brought in. Its a shame it wasnt someone who was actually good. With the uneven play of Freeman over the past couple years, He shouldnt just be handed anything except a kick in the arse

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #12 : May 21, 2013, 09:32:32 AM »

Reporters are just trying to find controversy where none exists. Schiano wants competition at every position and I don't think he felt that Dan pushed Josh at all. I'm not sure that isn't more a reflection of Dan than it is of Josh.

There is no message, there really is no controversy, just do your job better than the guy next to you OR the guy next to you is going to take it. It's just that simple.

Ummm... isn't saying "just do your job better than the guy next to you OR the guy next to you is going to take it." in fact, sending a message?

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #13 : May 21, 2013, 09:44:22 AM »

I actually think Freeman and Glennon are a very good pair in the QB room. Glennon can pick Freeman's brain as far as understanding our plays more quickly as well as player tendencies, both on the Bucs and of opponents. Freeman, OTOH, can see and learn some things from Glennon too; his quicker, more decisive and disciplined movements with both feet and hands, which all starts BETWEEN THE EARS, as well as Glennon's leadership skills, which he degreed in and practiced on the football field at NC State... A WIN-WIN combination, and both are young guys, with PLENTY of room to grow.
    Looking forward to seeing BOTH these guys progress!!

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #14 : May 21, 2013, 09:56:49 AM »

I'm excited. This is a camp battle, Glennon vs Freeman no matter what Schiano tells the media. However Freeman will win this battle and Glennon could turn into a good backup. If Josh can keep his footwork under control and stay on the same page as his WRs. Prime Time get ready Buc fans! 
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SCHIANO SAYS FREEMAN IS BUCS QB « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools