Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We should go heavy on the D-line in this draft « previous next »
Page: 1

SeattleBucsFan

Rookie

: November 26, 2013, 11:18:10 AM

Hi folks! I've been paying attention to these boards a lot lately and reading topics and comments from this site has been interesting enough that I've decided to join the debate!

I think Glennon has earned himself another year in Tampa, I didn't really expect much from him and he's exceeded expectations that I would have for a 1st round draft pick. It would be nice to see what he could do with a healthy Mike Williams and a three headed monster in the backfield (Martin, James, Rainey) inserted into the offense.

I wanted to draft a quarterback this season really badly, but Glennon's play has made me realize that we can give him a few years to decide if he is our franchise guy, while building a team around him and still reaching the play offs, kind of like the Bengals are doing with Andy Dalton.

The team does not need to have Tom Brady type plays coming from the offense to win 10-14 games a season. If we focus this draft on strengthening areas of weakness on our team then we will have a chance to win every game we play.

I suggest we spend our 1st round pick on the best D-lineman available (I have no clue where we will pick at this point)

I would spend our 2nd round pick on a corner. I haven't done much research on corners in this draft, but I like Marcus Roberson out of Florida. even though Florida has struggled this season they always have NFL ready players in their secondary and wouldn't be surprised to see Roberson to emerge as a superstar corner.

I would like to trade back into the 2nd or the 3rd to grab another DE

Then I would double up on WR's late in the draft and use the last pick on a developmental OT.

Not too excited about the FA market. but I just strongly believe that strengthening our weaknesses will get us to the play offs next season, even if Glennon isn't the guy. Then if he isn't......maybe Winston? (if he isn't a rapist, that is)

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 26, 2013, 11:36:59 AM

So no TE in your plans?

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

#2 : November 26, 2013, 11:43:38 AM

Unfortunately, this is not a deep draft for defensive lineman. Pretty much Clowney or bust.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 26, 2013, 11:45:55 AM

Unfortunately, this is not a deep draft for defensive lineman. Pretty much Clowney or bust.
At least for first round prospects.  Well, as far as ends go.  There'd be options if the team were looking for a DT.  There are guys the team could reasonably take in the second.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 26, 2013, 11:52:27 AM

For what it's worth walter football had a lot of DEs listed as 1-2 rounders.  We will have a high second.  Taking one in the first might be a reach depending in where we draft and who is taken before us but the 2nd could be a good plan B.

UMiamiBucFan

Starter

#5 : November 26, 2013, 11:53:45 AM

At least for first round prospects.  Well, as far as ends go.  There'd be options if the team were looking for a DT.  There are guys the team could reasonably take in the second.

Not very good ones. You're probably not going to find a good pass rusher in the second round even in a deep DE class, this one is so bad you're probably going to be taking 4th and 5th round guys in the 2nd.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 26, 2013, 11:55:18 AM

Sounds good to me. A strong defensive line is very hard to deal with for an offense. I'd go further and say we need another DT to line up next to McCoy.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

SeattleBucsFan

Rookie

#7 : November 26, 2013, 12:17:44 PM

We haven't even reached the combine yet, there are a few decent DE's in the first 2 rounds. Forgive me for not knowing names but I believe Stanford, Missouri and Georgia all have some good DE's. Georgia with DE's and LB's is almost like Florida with DB's, they just produce pros every year.
 I understand they say this draft is heavy with O-line, corners and WR's, but what the hell do 'they' know. No matter what draft analyst you talk to, nobody knows how good a guys gonna be, I believe its best to pick players based on character and thats something we, as fans, don't really get to see a lot of.

I think we can get a good DE in this draft without needing a top 2 pick for Clowney. I KNOW we can get a good corner and a good wr, and we can probably pluck a good OT late and maybe deal Penn for a 2nd or maybe a young DE to put into rotation

FL_PHOTOGRAPHER

Second String

#8 : November 26, 2013, 06:20:23 PM

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M

The big question with this pick is whether or not the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will take a quarterback. I strongly believe Mike Glennon has proven himself as the starting quarterback for this team and that they will focus on protecting him instead.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We should go heavy on the D-line in this draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools