Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa area recommendations « previous next »
Page: 1 2

lowell42

Rookie
: May 20, 2013, 07:45:35 PM

So I have a work opportunity to relocate to the Tampa area. I grew up in ormond beach on the east coast and graduated from UCF so I am familiar with the area and we get down for a game a year, but what I am really curious about is where in the area are good places to live? Solid school districts? Cost of living? We have a good thing going in Iowa (don't hate, it's a great place to raise a family) but the chance to get back home and of course be able to catch 8 games a year have us at least exploring. Any board members have recommendations to offer?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : May 20, 2013, 07:57:17 PM

check your PM

DejaVu

Starter

#2 : May 21, 2013, 08:29:33 AM

Iowa is better than Tampa.   You would be making a mistake moving to Tampa unless you hate the cold weather up there.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 21, 2013, 11:36:21 AM

and tornadoes

DejaVu

Starter

#4 : May 21, 2013, 03:29:53 PM

We lived in Iowa 10 years and never had a single tornado.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 21, 2013, 03:49:05 PM

Iowa=corn fields. Boring. Iowa City is an okay college town, but other than that - boring.  No major airports, no professional teams, very little compared to here.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#6 : May 21, 2013, 04:22:45 PM

We lived in Iowa 10 years and never had a single tornado.

good thing you moved

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2013/05/tornadoes_hit_oklahoma_kansas.html

DejaVu

Starter

#7 : May 21, 2013, 09:12:51 PM

Those didn't hit anywhere near where I used to live.   I suppose you think when a hurricane hits Miami that it's also hitting Tampa.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#8 : May 22, 2013, 08:02:46 AM

shocking . . .  two of the biggest trolls destroying a thread

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

DejaVu

Starter

#9 : May 22, 2013, 08:28:24 AM

As usual, your post is worthless and does nothing to address the original post in the thread.   

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 22, 2013, 08:40:48 AM

As usual, your post is worthless and does nothing to address the original post in the thread.

+1

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#11 : May 22, 2013, 08:43:32 AM

So I have a work opportunity to relocate to the Tampa area. I grew up in ormond beach on the east coast and graduated from UCF so I am familiar with the area and we get down for a game a year, but what I am really curious about is where in the area are good places to live? Solid school districts? Cost of living? We have a good thing going in Iowa (don't hate, it's a great place to raise a family) but the chance to get back home and of course be able to catch 8 games a year have us at least exploring. Any board members have recommendations to offer?

Hire a realtor

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#12 : May 22, 2013, 08:57:57 AM

relax Java . .  I know its tough dealing with a new identity

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : May 22, 2013, 09:31:04 AM

Bwahahahahahahaha...that's really funny!

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

DejaVu

Starter

#14 : May 22, 2013, 11:38:10 AM

You would know Vincepb1

But you'd be surprised what may have been tough for you, may not be tough for others.

And not surprisingly, you have still not contributed to the thread by responding to the initial poster.   Nothing new there whether you respond as VinBucFan or Vincepb1.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa area recommendations « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools