Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where would you rank Vincent Jackson, among the best WR's in the league ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 23, 2013, 01:54:58 PM

Colston's team has been #1 or #2 in pass attempts every year but one. He's good but his numbers are a product of the system. Vincent Jackson is better.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#16 : May 23, 2013, 01:57:59 PM

Victor Cruz over Hakeem Nicks?

Yup. More dynamic playmaker, IMO.
I would say more reliable playmaker but Nicks is a nightmare.... We were all witnesses.

Where is the guy who said VJax isn't better than Marquez Colston? That's always good for a laugh.

Right here... and I still feel that way.

Colston in 5 less games has about 180 more catches, 1200 more yards, and 13 more TD's.  If Jackson played for the Saints and Colston was on the Chargers and came here, you'd be saying that Colston was better.  You're just a homer and are bitter against the Saints.
Lol right on cue.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 23, 2013, 01:59:31 PM

Colston's team has been #1 or #2 in pass attempts every year but one. He's good but his numbers are a product of the system. Vincent Jackson is better.

Colston caught 64.4% of the passes thrown his way over the course of his career, Jackson 54.7%.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 23, 2013, 02:01:00 PM

Victor Cruz over Hakeem Nicks?

Yup. More dynamic playmaker, IMO.
I would say more reliable playmaker but Nicks is a nightmare.... We were all witnesses.

Where is the guy who said VJax isn't better than Marquez Colston? That's always good for a laugh.

Right here... and I still feel that way.

Colston in 5 less games has about 180 more catches, 1200 more yards, and 13 more TD's.  If Jackson played for the Saints and Colston was on the Chargers and came here, you'd be saying that Colston was better.  You're just a homer and are bitter against the Saints.
Lol right on cue.

Hurts when you don't have any ammunition to back your stance up, doesn't it?

youngone

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 23, 2013, 02:01:01 PM

Colston caught 64.4% of the passes thrown his way over the course of his career, Jackson 54.7%.
Wouldn't that imply that his quarterback is more accurate with finding him?

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 23, 2013, 02:05:20 PM

For their careers, Rivers has completed 63% of his passes and Brees 67% (since '06).  So basically, that's about 20 completions more per season (with 500 attempts).  So ALL 100, plus another mysterious 80 more went to Colston?

youngone

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 23, 2013, 02:09:16 PM

Keep reaching... Must be hard to admit that Tampa has a better player than another team or to admit that you were wrong but I'll continue to be entertained by the useless stats you throw out there to prove your point.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 23, 2013, 02:13:49 PM

More so that Colston's QB throws him shorter, easier timing passes while Jackson specializes in more difficult catches down the field.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 23, 2013, 02:14:40 PM

Keep reaching... Must be hard to admit that Tampa has a better player than another team or to admit that you were wrong but I'll continue to be entertained by the useless stats you throw out there to prove your point.

Hey, I can give you about 20 WR's that Jackson is better than, guys like DeSean Jackson, Greg Jennings, Reggie Wayne, and Wes Welker... just that Colston isn't one of them.  It must be hard for you to not have any information what-so-ever to back up your claim other than homerism and hatred (towards the Saints).

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 23, 2013, 02:18:01 PM

Here's TBayXXXVII's crow fest:

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1293063.msg1621821.html#new

Some really good laughs in there.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 23, 2013, 02:20:21 PM

More so that Colston's QB throws him shorter, easier timing passes while Jackson specializes in more difficult catches down the field.

That's not because Colston is a better route runner?  That's not because Colston doesn't need to solely rely on one asset (speed), to get open?  Look, I'm not saying the gap is light years, it's small... but there is a gap and Colston is on the plus side.  So what, Colston is slightly better than Jackson.  It's not the end of the world and it doesn't mean Jackson stinks.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#26 : May 23, 2013, 02:22:02 PM

Here's TBayXXXVII's crow fest:

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1293063.msg1621821.html#new

Some really good laughs in there.

Seriously... just because you don't know as much about football as me, it doesn't mean you have to stalk me.  Just keep reading football for idiots... in about 40 years, you might catch up.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 23, 2013, 02:24:14 PM

#10: Victor Cruz
#9: Brandon Marshall
#8: Dez Bryant
#7: Demaryius Thomas
#6: Vincent Jackson
#5: Julio Jones
#4: AJ Green
#3: Roddy White
#2: Larry Fitzgerald
#1: Calvin Johnson
Where do you have Andre Johnson?

Andre's skill level has dropped quite a bit.

Nice list, Chace.  I'd move Roddy down a few notches and probably have Nicks over Cruz, but solid list.

Thanks. Personally, I think that because Roddy is mouthy and because he plays for ATL, that some tend to underrate him. I think he is one if the most complete WRs in the league. The dude just knows how to get open and can make any catch.

With Cruz, I think he is a more dangerous playmaker...but I couldn't really argue switching him out with Nicks...they both complete stud who are ready to mount opposing DBs and make them their b*tch.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 23, 2013, 02:27:01 PM

Hey, I can give you about 20 WR's that Jackson is better than, guys like DeSean Jackson, Greg Jennings, Reggie Wayne, and Wes Welker... just that Colston isn't one of them.  It must be hard for you to not have any information what-so-ever to back up your claim other than homerism and hatred (towards the Saints).
Not sure if serious

What's your top 10 then?
: May 23, 2013, 02:30:19 PM youngone

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 23, 2013, 02:28:06 PM

A ranking for QB's in general is one thing, but for Josh Freeman, I'd rank them 1. Calvin Johnson  2. Larry Fitzgerald 3. Vincent Jackson, and Mike Williams not far behind.

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where would you rank Vincent Jackson, among the best WR's in the league ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools