Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman NOT a self motivator? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

entrekpk23

Practice Squad
#15 : May 24, 2013, 03:57:45 PM

you dont get your body in shape the way he did last year if your not a self motivator

Him getting himself into great shape is greatly overblown. First of all, he's a professional athlete. He has so many coaches and trainers working with him, all he has to do is show up and do the drills. The only factors in weight loss are energy in/energy out, so either expend more energy(workout harder or longer), or eat less calories. Freeman said so himself the only change he made was to cut out the fourth meal, which was taco bell, which is obviously high in calories.

There are people who transform their bodies all the time without trainers or anyone helping them, which means they have to actually put effort to learn how to workout and eat. Men and women with families and full-time jobs, and still fit it in their lifestyle. That is what I call a self-motivator; not some professional athlete who finally decided he's too fat and going to the late night drive through every night to spend some of his millions might not be the best thing to make more millions..

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 24, 2013, 04:01:39 PM

you dont get your body in shape the way he did last year if your not a self motivator

Him getting himself into great shape is greatly overblown. First of all, he's a professional athlete. He has so many coaches and trainers working with him, all he has to do is show up and do the drills. The only factors in weight loss are energy in/energy out, so either expend more energy(workout harder or longer), or eat less calories. Freeman said so himself the only change he made was to cut out the fourth meal, which was taco bell, which is obviously high in calories.

There are people who transform their bodies all the time without trainers or anyone helping them, which means they have to actually put effort to learn how to workout and eat. Men and women with families and full-time jobs, and still fit it in their lifestyle. That is what I call a self-motivator; not some professional athlete who finally decided he's too fat and going to the late night drive through every night to spend some of his millions might not be the best thing to make more millions..

It wasn't the feat, it was the timing

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 24, 2013, 04:17:57 PM

haha.... you ain't right!!

I think the thread title is appropriate...

I hear that Freeman isn't the type who will tap-out when things get rough...

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 24, 2013, 07:56:35 PM

It would explain everything that has happened over the last year with Josh.
yea, like setting the franchise records in td's and passing yards.

A craptastic franchise offensive history explains Josh's 'record breaking' performance

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#19 : May 24, 2013, 08:01:43 PM

A craptastic franchise offensive history explains Josh's 'record breaking' performance

We get it.. you don't like #5. Ready to roll with Glennon?

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#20 : May 24, 2013, 08:03:33 PM

Why do NFL player get in trouble for weight? what about QBs like Jared Lorenzen (Kentucky) and Jamarcus Russell? You have to want to work in order to get and maintain. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 24, 2013, 09:38:14 PM

7-9.

Never been to the playoffs.

Bucs records are meaningless in today's passing game. How many franchises have better #'s overall? 

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#22 : May 24, 2013, 09:45:08 PM

7-9.

Never been to the playoffs.

Bucs records are meaningless in today's passing game. How many franchises have better #'s overall?

All the Pieces are in place now. Josh will put it together this year, and the Bucs will be a playoff team. Do you believe the Bucs had a talented roster during  Freeman career?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 24, 2013, 09:51:02 PM

We get it.. you don't like #5. Ready to roll with Glennon?

See.... that's where you Freepologists err in judgement. You take any factual observation of Free as dislike or HATE. I don't dislike Josh, I just see him for the mediocre QB that he is.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 24, 2013, 10:05:32 PM

HATE nailed it.

If
I thought Free was a cat that could get it done, I would say so. So would a lot of fervent watchers of football.

Josh has been aged awful at times. I mean, the absolute worst at times. That is enough cause for concern.

Again, what has Free done to earn your trust?  To want him commanding your offense?  What has he done to demonstrate his job as a leader of men is great?  What has he done to improve fundamentally?  Great he stopped eating gross azz Taco Hell food which a pro athlete and QB has no business touching. He earns a large bulk of his income by maintaining his temple. It's a shame it took his azz this long to figure out he is in an tough sport that requires max effort and conditioning to garner success.

He will be the same QB he has always been. Erratic, flabbergasted and confused, stammering and dodgy in his presets, eyes wide open after a bad sequence...blaming everyone but himself.

Free is behind in his development. All he can do is chuck it. I want a real QB.

IMO, Free aint it. Never will be. He hasn't shown me any improvement. He is fundamentally off.

Would not surprise me to see S bench Free during his three quarters of crap mode.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#25 : May 24, 2013, 10:05:51 PM

What's more important is "is he coachable?". The answer often determines whether we draft a guy, trade for a guy, or keep him around et al... IMO, Winslow the younger was let go because he was deemed "uncoachable" based on his prior season here and repeating the same stupid mistakes game after game...
     There have been many NFL players with loads of talent who needed that PUSH from a coach to get their motor running. It's up to the coach to figure out when to give that "push" and in what form to get that talent OUT. Lombardi was the Master of it; knew who to hammer and when and how much. Also knew when to give a guy space and back off...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 24, 2013, 10:08:03 PM

I wonder how Lombardi would have fared in today's more evolved game?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#27 : May 24, 2013, 10:08:05 PM

HATE nailed it.

If
I thought Free was a cat that could get it done, I would say so. So would a lot of fervent watchers of football.

Josh has been aged awful at times. I mean, the absolute worst at times. That is enough cause for concern.

Again, what has Free done to earn your trust?  To want him commanding your offense?  What has he done to demonstrate his job as a leader of men is great?  What has he done to improve fundamentally?  Great he stopped eating gross azz Taco Hell food which a pro athlete and QB has no business touching. He earns a large bulk of his income by maintaining his temple. It's a shame it took his azz this long to figure out he is in an tough sport that requires max effort and conditioning to garner success.

He will be the same QB he has always been. Erratic, flabbergasted and confused, stammering and dodgy in his presets, eyes wide open after a bad sequence...blaming everyone but himself.

Free is behind in his development. All he can do is chuck it. I want a real QB.

IMO, Free aint it. Never will be. He hasn't shown me any improvement. He is fundamentally off.

Would not surprise me to see S bench Free during his three quarters of crap mode.

Saddest part of most of that?? I agree. Ughhhh

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 24, 2013, 10:11:00 PM

What's more important is "is he coachable?".

While he may be very receptive to coaching, if he doesn't have ability... coaching won't help him. When i watch him play, i see the exact same guy we saw 4 yrs ago, albeit a few pounds lighter and slower(how's that even possible?) Dude has not improved his game one iota and how anyone can debate that is beyond me.

ufcguy32

Starter

#29 : May 24, 2013, 10:12:20 PM

ya he should keep taking the drugs bc he seems to play better on them. maybe coach found out toward the end of season and took away his drugs. hence his play dropped.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Josh Freeman NOT a self motivator? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools