Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: who would you say is the Bucs most underrated player? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

youngone

Hall of Famer
#30 : May 26, 2013, 10:22:19 PM

Lavonte David. Outside this forum i hear next to nothing about him

Because he doesn't impact games.

Definitely not as big of an impact that Stovall and McCown had...that's for damn sure.
Ballers

creamsicles

Starter
#31 : May 27, 2013, 05:43:56 AM

as "underrated goes, zutes was the first guy that popped to mind on offense and Hayward/DTN were my thoughts on defense.  They're not special, but they are solid contributors. 

This being a Bucs board, I think we are quicker to overrate our players than underrate them. 

Our collective OL has been overrated for years based on their salaries... last year I saw growth and hope this year they are special. 

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : May 27, 2013, 01:33:34 PM

I have to re-cast my vote for Zuttah....definitely underrated and underappreciated!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 27, 2013, 03:52:48 PM

Zuttah is definitely versatile..but underrated. No way. He may have the ability to play all interior positions, but he doesn't play better than average at any of those positions.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

blackfoot

Starter
#34 : May 27, 2013, 05:26:03 PM

chace 1986, While Zuttah may not be an All Pro, the fact that he can step in and hold his own at any of the three interior line slots is a major contribution to the team. It allows the coaches to make line changes do to injury, that does not require bring someone in  midseason. It also allows greater flexibility  in filling out the backup roles on the O line. And when Zuttah is playing you don't hear his his name called very often! Good stuff for an O linemen.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#35 : May 27, 2013, 05:29:35 PM

chace 1986, While Zuttah may not be an All Pro, the fact that he can step in and hold his own at any of the three interior line slots is a major contribution to the team. It allows the coaches to make line changes do to injury, that does not require bring someone in  midseason. It also allows greater flexibility  in filling out the backup roles on the O line. And when Zuttah is playing you don't hear his his name called very often! Good stuff for an O linemen.

Preach!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#36 : May 27, 2013, 05:30:33 PM

utility players are almost by definition underappreciated.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#37 : May 27, 2013, 05:52:23 PM

Chace getting schooled yet again....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 27, 2013, 06:19:33 PM

I never said that it wasnt a major contribution to have a player like that. I think everyone pretty much recognizes what Zuttah is....Versatile. I think he is "rated" appropraitely.

utility players are almost by definition underappreciated.

Underappreciated and underrated are not the same thing.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#39 : May 27, 2013, 06:32:56 PM

Zuttah is definitely versatile..but underrated. No way. He may have the ability to play all interior positions, but he doesn't play better than average at any of those positions.

And that is a bad thing? 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#40 : May 27, 2013, 06:47:28 PM

And that is a bad thing?

I didn't say it was, nor did I imply that it was. Zuttah is a good player and versatile. I just don't think that he is underrated. I think he is "rated" appropriately.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#41 : May 27, 2013, 06:53:34 PM

And that is a bad thing?

I didn't say it was, nor did I imply that it was. Zuttah is a good player and versatile. I just don't think that he is underrated. I think he is "rated" appropriately.

I think any coach would like to have a guy on his team like Zut.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#42 : May 27, 2013, 07:07:30 PM

And that is a bad thing?

I think any coach would like to have a guy on his team like Zut.

I don't disagree.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: who would you say is the Bucs most underrated player? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools