Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I guess phone records aren't enough « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 07, 2013, 05:14:10 PM

As Ben Franklin said, "Those who give up freedom for safety will lose both, and deserve neither."

The Tsarnaev brothers proved that correct.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 07, 2013, 05:50:15 PM

Or this...

Oh wait, these "security measures" were long established before this took place. Oh well, carry on, lunatic.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 07, 2013, 06:02:53 PM

Of course you'd never have any way of knowing how often that has taken place, if ever, now would you?

You also have no clue how they are using the information they gather, or who's seeing it. But hey, it's the government, right? Synonymous with honest, nothing to worry about here.

edit: And the lunatic deletes another post...what a sad little boy you are morgan
: June 07, 2013, 06:45:23 PM Escobar06

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 07, 2013, 06:39:11 PM

I'm glad to see another ground breaking news story by "My Boy" Glenn Greenwald has served to wake some of you up. Lest you think this is a partisan issue let me remind you that this was begun under President GWB and propelled by President Obama. At the point in which Lindsay Graham and President Obama intersect that should clue you in enough and tell you what you need to know of the facade of this two-party duopoly. I hope that you (L)libertarians are paying close attention to this.

For those that still believe in the Rep. & Dem. slight of hand diversion you may be too far gone to reach at this point. It really doesn't matter though, because those two party system statists are quickly being left behind. People are waking up to that crooked falsehood. Dinosaurs of a by-gone era. Good riddance.

If you're not interested in seeing what journalism truly is, then I strongly recommend that you not watch this Greenwald interview.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 07, 2013, 09:28:44 PM

got a problem with our gov't tracking down evil-doers?

Ah, the song of the simpletons.

what's it that Dolo calls you?

The same thing I've called him for months.  He's as unoriginal as and brainless as they come, he even copies the lamearse things you post.

he doesn't get the irony

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#20 : June 07, 2013, 09:31:33 PM

It's disturbing the number of people who will actually side with this argument. The government knows they can throw in the word "terrorist" when attempting to justify this type of behavior and lunatics like yourself will give them a free pass to do whatever they like.

you and your kind will be the loudest protesters complaining about your gov't not doing enough when you and/or your loved ones get their limbs blown away like was perpetrated against our fellow Americans in Boston

Wrong, bozo. I don't want the government doing a damn thing for me, that's your fantasy land nonsense. And you missed the point. How can two suspected terrorist threats live here for a decade and still pull off what they did even with the government invading our privacy to the extent that it does? What good is the data mining doing if it can't even stop people who were already considered threats years before the bombing was even carried out? Only a fool believes attack prevention is the only reason this invasion of privacy exists anyway.

bi-polar  One person in red, another in blue

I dont want the govt to do anything for me, but I will still complain when they fail

both people are afraid though (green)

perhaps the most logically flawed argument:  if an effort to prevent violence is not absolutely successful dont do it
: June 07, 2013, 09:33:09 PM VinBucFan

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 07, 2013, 10:11:01 PM

Shocking, you get it wrong. Stating a fact, that the government failed in stopping what should have been an obvious terrorist threat, doesn't mean I want them to be monitoring people. By pointing it out I'm clearly saying that even though they do invade our privacy, they STILL get it wrong. Understand now? No, most likely not.

I do find it funny that once again your argument is one of paranoia "they just want to prevent violence", and once again you bring up the fear nonsense. Well, you haven't become the least respected person on this forum for nothing. Carry on, champ.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 08, 2013, 03:11:40 AM

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#23 : June 08, 2013, 01:53:10 PM

Shocking, you get it wrong. Stating a fact, that the government failed in stopping what should have been an obvious terrorist threat, doesn't mean I want them to be monitoring people. By pointing it out I'm clearly saying that even though they do invade our privacy, they STILL get it wrong. Understand now? No, most likely not.

I do find it funny that once again your argument is one of paranoia "they just want to prevent violence", and once again you bring up the fear nonsense. Well, you haven't become the least respected person on this forum for nothing. Carry on, champ.

Wrong, bozo. I don't want the government doing a damn thing for me, that's your fantasy land nonsense. And you missed the point. How can two suspected terrorist threats live here for a decade and still pull off what they did even with the government invading our privacy to the extent that it does? What good is the data mining doing if it can't even stop people who were already considered threats years before the bombing was even carried out? Only a fool believes attack prevention is the only reason this invasion of privacy exists anyway.

LOL

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#24 : June 08, 2013, 02:25:33 PM

Is there a point to your post? Or are you starting to realize that everything you type is embarrassing?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 08, 2013, 02:35:40 PM

Is there a point to your post? Or are you starting to realize that everything you type is embarrassing?

well, before I respond, which Escobar am I conversing with?  Is this the Escobar who types fear-laced comments about the government doing things to him or is this the Escobar who says he's not afraid? 

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 08, 2013, 02:46:42 PM

There are so many terrorist attacks, of course the government needs to intervene, we might get attacked!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let them invade our privacy, it's necessary!!!!!!!!! I'm so calm.

- Vin

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#27 : June 08, 2013, 02:52:18 PM

The original comment:

The world has changed, its just a question of whether they can find a middle ground

The original comment run through the Escobar filter:

There are so many terrorist attacks, of course the government needs to intervene, we might get attacked!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let them invade our privacy, it's necessary!!!!!!!!! I'm so calm.

- Vin

By "middle ground" I mean that they have to balance safety against an invasion of privacy,  but then again . . .  you don't even think its about safety, right? well, at  least not entirely, right?

Only a fool believes attack prevention is the only reason this invasion of privacy exists anyway.

good thing you're not afraid Escobar

(for what its worth, I am not sure why you try to deny your fear? I understand some people are afraid of the government and I am for smaller, less intrusive government myself, I have only commented that when fear is the issue driving the debate there really is no debate, at least not an honest one)
: June 08, 2013, 03:00:16 PM VinBucFan

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 08, 2013, 05:56:28 PM

You're all so afraid, I'm so calm and fear nothing!!!!!!!!! This kevlar vest is uncomfortable.

- Vin

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#29 : June 08, 2013, 06:18:18 PM

You're all so afraid, I'm so calm and fear nothing!!!!!!!!! This kevlar vest is uncomfortable.

- Vin

Wasting time but, the DIFFERENCE is my position is not driven by fear, I am not afraid to not have an arsenal in my home for fear the government will soon swoop in and take me away.  I agree that guns serve a valid purpose, but so does a car and there are probably more guns than cars even when guns are owned by a relatively small group. lol.

I am guessing that your posts are a recognition that you're on the wrong side of logic and common sense.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I guess phone records aren't enough « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools