Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Gun Control Thread. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 40

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #315 : June 21, 2013, 10:09:03 AM »

Just throwing this out there, but just about every country on the gun death list above the USA are 3rd world countries that lack the legal infrastructure that we have.

Here we go.

CBW is right. Anyone addressing the issue honestly would say, for example, that the UK, Australia, and Canada are much more like the US than, say, Sierra Lione or Bolivia.  The stats from those countries speak loudly and clearly about guns and so it's only natural for the pro-gun side to try to drown those stats in a sea of nonsense.

Silly discussion really

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #316 : June 21, 2013, 10:11:22 AM »

Intellectually honesty is the first casualty. Shot dead right before our eyes.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

« #317 : June 21, 2013, 10:13:24 AM »

That's why gun sales/ammo sales are at record levels.......we're all crazy Vin. You should consider relocating to China, where gun ownership has been banned since the '30s..

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #318 : June 21, 2013, 10:25:45 AM »

That's why gun sales/ammo sales are at record levels.......we're all crazy Vin. You should consider relocating to China, where gun ownership has been banned since the '30s..

y .  . . a . .  . .w . . .  .n

deadzone

Hall of Famer

« #319 : June 21, 2013, 10:28:23 AM »

Pack your panties and leave........

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #320 : June 21, 2013, 10:29:51 AM »

great spokesman for the pro-gun side

deadzone

Hall of Famer

« #321 : June 21, 2013, 10:37:03 AM »

great spokesman for the pro-gun side

Any Man bras you have should be packed as well...

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #322 : June 21, 2013, 10:55:29 AM »

"Taking apart a legal AR-15 and rebuilding it to custom specs is common, experts tell the Times, but detachable magazines, which allow for sustained shooting, are banned. Zawahri fired about 100 rounds from the AR-15—the same gun used in the Sandy Hook and Aurora shootings—and a .44-caliber handgun in the rampage around Santa Monica that ended at a college campus where Zawahri—who had a troubled past—was shot and killed."

http://www.newser.com/story/169425/cops-santa-monica-gunman-assembled-own-weapon.html

If a lower receiver is required to have a gun (i.e. no dfferent than a motor to a car), then why can you buy it without a background check? Why would it be illegal to traffci in high capacity magazines but not to posees them?  Lobbied holes in the law?

" A lower receiver that is only 80 percent complete can easily be purchased, and because it is not complete a person isn't required to go through a background check nor does it need to have a serial number.

In California such weapons require a "bullet button" kit, which needs to be added to a lower parts kit to make it legal. The bullet button kit modifies the weapon so that a separate tool must be used to release a magazine and reload it; without such a modification a person can press a button to release the magazine.

Zawahri was carrying 1,300 rounds of ammunition in magazines that were capable of holding 30 rounds each.

Such high-capacity magazines are illegal to purchase, sell or transfer in California. Possession is not illegal."

And why would a dealer want to get around the law by selling an 80% complete receiver?

to get around federal firearms law, many online dealers sell what they call 80 percent lower receivers which are only partially completed.

If you are intentionally avoiding a background check, shouldnt you be automatically su**CENSORED**ious of the person buying it?
« : June 21, 2013, 11:01:13 AM VinBucFan »

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #323 : June 21, 2013, 12:41:16 PM »

And why would a dealer want to get around the law by selling an 80% complete receiver?

to get around federal firearms law, many online dealers sell what they call 80 percent lower receivers which are only partially completed.

If you are intentionally avoiding a background check, shouldnt you be automatically su**CENSORED**ious of the person buying it?

This isn't as easy as it is made out Vin. You have to machine a massive and precise "hole" into a block of metal and drill a number of exact holes. Be so much as a millimeter out and you have a useless block of metal. You need some serious machinery to do this, but some gun enthusiasts enjoy it. Bit like kit cars I guess, not for everybody.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #324 : June 21, 2013, 09:42:24 PM »

The biggest liar on the board questioning other poster's intellectual honesty.  It has to be a work.  smh

"It's no secret that a liar won't believe in anyone else"

- Bono

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #325 : June 21, 2013, 09:49:41 PM »

The biggest liar on the board questioning other poster's intellectual honesty.  It has to be a work.  smh

"It's no secret that a liar won't believe in anyone else"

- Bono

^^^^^^^^  NOT a stalker  . .  no way .  . . :-[

and yet here you are again . . . posting about me     man, if you think I comment on your stalking me to feel important . . . . wow . . .  you are beyond getting a grip ... you might be in lobotomy land.   

Let me prove my point to you and Biggsy by letting you guys step all over yourselves as I know you will.  Here's the challenge:

Between the three of us, let's see who is the first from this point forward to post ABOUT THE OTHER POSTER, not the substance of the discussion, but the person making the comment. Between you, me and Biggsy, let's see who is the very next poster, after I post this comment,  to post a comment referencing the other poster instead of the substance.  That shouldn't be a problem right . . . because you're not stalking me . . . right?  I look forward to both of you proving me wrong. 

lol -- 7:04 pm . . . .  tick, tock . . . tick. . . .tock

« : June 21, 2013, 09:51:28 PM VinBucFan »

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #326 : June 21, 2013, 09:51:11 PM »

7 minutes, lol

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #327 : June 21, 2013, 09:52:12 PM »

7 minutes, lol

RESPONDING . . .  much different than stalking . .  apparently you sit around thinking of me

and yet here you are again . . . posting about me     man, if you think I comment on your stalking me to feel important . . . . wow . . .  you are beyond getting a grip ... you might be in lobotomy land.   

Let me prove my point to you and Biggsy by letting you guys step all over yourselves as I know you will.  Here's the challenge:

Between the three of us, let's see who is the first from this point forward to post ABOUT THE OTHER POSTER, not the substance of the discussion, but the person making the comment. Between you, me and Biggsy, let's see who is the very next poster, after I post this comment,  to post a comment referencing the other poster instead of the substance.  That shouldn't be a problem right . . . because you're not stalking me . . . right?  I look forward to both of you proving me wrong. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #328 : June 21, 2013, 09:52:52 PM »

1 minute, 1 second with an edit ...... new record I believe.  Has to be a work .......

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #329 : June 21, 2013, 09:53:38 PM »

1 minute, 1 second, new record I believe.  Has to be a work .......

good thing I am not in your head . . . yikes

Page: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 40
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Gun Control Thread. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools