Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Gun Control Thread. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#540 : June 29, 2013, 01:16:53 AM

Stolen vehicles often start their life as LEGAL VEHICLES . . .  thus . . .the more legal vehicles the more chance they become illegal vehicles . . . and the more chance that  legal vehicles cause other harm and death  . .  . accidents, suicides etc

People steal vehicles for the purpose of causing harm, death, and suicides? Funny, I though they stole them to use them for the same purposes as people who legally own cars use them for. Transport.

Following the same logic, it would seem that people steal guns for the same purposes as they legally acquire them, for the purposes of having a means of inflicting lethal force and intimidation.

Yes

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#541 : June 29, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Actually,  in most cases,  thieves steal guns for financial gain. There's good money in selling guns.....the guy robbing usually already has a gun.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#542 : June 29, 2013, 12:47:57 PM

Actually,  in most cases,  thieves steal guns for financial gain. There's good money in selling guns.....the guy robbing usually already has a gun.

Right some are sold on the street, sold elsewhere. They filter down

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#543 : June 29, 2013, 03:51:31 PM

Gov Scott signs a bill to help keep guns out of the hands of mentally ill people and there are tens of thousands of objections from gun owners across the country. lol. Even the Florida NRA rep supported the legislation, man.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/gov-rick-scott-signs-bill-to-close-loophole-in-firearm-sales-to-mentally/2129167

good to see someone is trying to address the real problem instead of just making random knee jerk reactions

oh and surrender noted

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#544 : June 29, 2013, 03:58:51 PM

Gov Scott signs a bill to help keep guns out of the hands of mentally ill people and there are tens of thousands of objections from gun owners across the country. lol. Even the Florida NRA rep supported the legislation, man.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/gov-rick-scott-signs-bill-to-close-loophole-in-firearm-sales-to-mentally/2129167

good to see someone is trying to address the real problem instead of just making random knee jerk reactions

agree with that - ^^^^^

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#545 : June 29, 2013, 06:28:26 PM

Mental illness should be addressed (although it seems a few gun people object-lol), just not to the EXCLUSION of other measures.

"Gun logic" upon the approach of a Cat 5 hurricane:

"Damn, the 'real problem' is global warming . . .  . yeah . .  no need to evacuate or put up sand bags . .  . just fix global warming." ;-)

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#546 : June 29, 2013, 07:07:56 PM

Mental illness should be addressed (although it seems a few gun people object-lol), just not to the EXCLUSION of other measures.

"Damn, the 'real problem' is global warming . . .  . yeah . .  no need to evacuate or put up sand bags . .  . just fix global warming." ;-)

Blame your politicians.........divisive is good for America.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#547 : June 29, 2013, 07:20:33 PM

Blame your politicians.........divisive is good for America.

I agree with your point on politicians for sure, but just read through this thread and you will see many pro-gun people making my nonsensical hurricane argument about mental health and guns (i.e., suggesting that nothing should be done about guns, its all mental health).  With 300 million guns in the US and 30,000 gun deaths or so a year . . . . the cry of "mental health" by a pro-gun person is just like an ostrich putting its head in the sand

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#548 : June 29, 2013, 07:24:46 PM

my nonsensical hurricane argument

most accurate thing you've said related to this topic sense the beginning

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#549 : June 29, 2013, 07:57:51 PM

my nonsensical hurricane argument

most accurate thing you've said related to this topic sense the beginning

I agree, this was "my nonsensical hurricane argument":

Shocking to see you're back posting  . . . ABOUT ME . . . /sarcasm

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#550 : June 29, 2013, 08:19:45 PM

you posted, I responded.  that's how message boards work dumbass.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#551 : June 29, 2013, 08:42:53 PM

oh ... btw ..... borrowing my "lol" line?  Really ..... 

surrender noted f-u-c-k face ........

lolz

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#552 : June 29, 2013, 08:47:19 PM

Don't have a problem with background checks myself......Just that most of us know what that leads to.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#553 : June 29, 2013, 08:51:00 PM

oh ... btw ..... borrowing my "lol" line?  Really ..... 

surrender noted f-u-c-k face ........

lolz

yawn

hilarious thing is . .  if you go backwards in this thread from here, there are pages of on topic posts punctuated by your stalking

go have another pabst . .   dream some more about my . . .  . . carry on Olaf .  . . the world is going to end without your stalking me  . . . lmao . . .   way to carve out a great life for yourself . .

Person A:  Hey, what do you do with your life?
Olaf:  uh . .  . I spend most of my time thinking about this guy on the oft-topic message board of a football board . .  . his comments make me so angry . .  that I decided to try to run him off by stalking him . . .
Person A: seriously?

L-M-A-O at how pathetic that is . . .

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#554 : June 29, 2013, 08:56:09 PM

Don't have a problem with background checks myself......Just that most of us know what that leads to.

I get the "slippery slope" argument.  I am actually a small less intrusive government person myself.  It's just that gun laws are so absurd now.  Tons of laws on the books that create an illusion that politicians care, but really they are just terrified of losing their jobs

Page: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Official Gun Control Thread. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools