Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Allen vs Dominik. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#75 : June 12, 2013, 08:08:45 AM

Allen took over a tight cap situation but had a roster filled with talent that was one year removed from being world champs. When Dom took over five years later in 2009, he was handed a roster that would have trouble winning games in the Arena League. THAT is Bruce Allen's legacy in Tampa. Twist it anyway you want, it won't change the truth.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#76 : June 12, 2013, 08:14:49 AM

Allen and Gruden did a horrible job building a roster for any long term success.  I doubt you will find many people that would dispute that snd they got their asses fired.  But why is any comparison to the job they did being discussed as the standard that Dom should be held to?  Make us a contender or go home? 

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#77 : June 12, 2013, 08:43:06 AM

Bottom line is this: I much prefer our situation after 5 years with Dominik over the 5 years with Allen. Allen left very little to build on. In fact, he left a demolition project.  Dominik has built a very solid foundation for the future. Not many needs now, other than depth.

I don't see a viable basis for argument here. Gruden/Allen had no plan.
for the most part I agree with you.  Only difference I see is that the foundation of this team is based on mediocracy and we will spend the next 5 years never really contending for a title.

Get back to me in six months and let's see if your opinion has been altered.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#78 : June 12, 2013, 08:59:42 AM

Bottom line is this: I much prefer our situation after 5 years with Dominik over the 5 years with Allen. Allen left very little to build on. In fact, he left a demolition project.  Dominik has built a very solid foundation for the future. Not many needs now, other than depth.

I don't see a viable basis for argument here. Gruden/Allen had no plan.
for the most part I agree with you.  Only difference I see is that the foundation of this team is based on mediocracy and we will spend the next 5 years never really contending for a title.

And Gruden/Allens team was based on what? mediocre and washed up players? You act like Gruden and Allen got fired when they were on the verge to win a title anytime soon.

2010 'Doms team' won 10 games without the all those big FA signings. Just Vjax and part time Nicks played a game for this team yet.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#79 : June 12, 2013, 09:15:20 AM

Allen and Gruden did a horrible job building a roster for any long term success.  I doubt you will find many people that would dispute that snd they got their asses fired.  But why is any comparison to the job they did being discussed as the standard that Dom should be held to?  Make us a contender or go home?

If this team does not make the PO/ is miles away from the PO, i think we have to look for others than Dom to blame for 1st.

Must be nice to have a HC like Gruden to get the most out of a team, but in Allens case he gets excused for being short of 3 high picks.
Must be nice to the highest paid DC in the NFL to give you some kind of defense, but in Allens case its the cheap Glazers.

Before helding Dom to the same 'standards' as Allen, we might want to see his $300M take the field first, then Dom maybe had more finacial support than Allen. So far its better drafting(2 out of 3 standouts+ MCCoy&Co) and Vjax(3rd standout) vs horrible drafting(DJax and Plummer) and J Faine, Kiffin and Gruden.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#80 : June 12, 2013, 09:15:40 AM

No i don't.  Gruden and Allen deserved to be fired. i think Gruden is an above average coach but this team was just spinning its wheels for years as far as rebuilding is concerned and through bad drafting and bad luck their final roster was crap.  All of which hsve nothing to do with whether Dom has built a contender or not. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#81 : June 12, 2013, 09:19:16 AM

The goal is to win a Super Bowl not be better than Gru/Allen. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#82 : June 12, 2013, 09:26:35 AM

Do we really want to call Gruden and Allen's drafting horrible when Dominik gave new contracts to Michael Clayton, Carnell Williams, Barrett Ruud, Donald Penn, Davin Joseph, Jeremy Trueblood, Quincy Black, Tanard Jackson, Adam Hayward, and Jeremy Zuttah? Dominik has yet to extend any players he drafted and has already said goodbye to Kellen Winslow, Roy Miller, Kyle Moore, Michael Bennett, LeGarrette Blount, Brian Price, Arrelious Benn, Sammie Stroughter, and others. Josh Freeman is going to play out his contract and Mike Williams has yet to sign an extension, either.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#83 : June 12, 2013, 09:26:54 AM

QFT

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#84 : June 12, 2013, 09:27:44 AM

And according to your entry post in this thread, you have to do it without any (big) FA signings?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#85 : June 12, 2013, 09:32:00 AM

Not what I said.  I trying to point out that w/o them this roster that Dom has assembled through the draft over 5 years would still be a bad team.  The best players on this roster were drafted by other teams. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#86 : June 12, 2013, 09:35:13 AM

Do we really want to call Gruden and Allen's drafting horrible when Dominik gave new contracts to Michael Clayton, Carnell Williams, Barrett Ruud, Donald Penn, Davin Joseph, Jeremy Trueblood, Quincy Black, Tanard Jackson, Adam Hayward, and Jeremy Zuttah?
10 guys re-signed out of 40?  (40 not including UDFA's)that could be on par, but there's no talent in those 4 drafts.  10 role players re-signed after 4 seasons.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#87 : June 12, 2013, 09:36:01 AM

Do we really want to call Gruden and Allen's drafting horrible when Dominik gave new contracts to Michael Clayton, Carnell Williams, Barrett Ruud, Donald Penn, Davin Joseph, Jeremy Trueblood, Quincy Black, Tanard Jackson, Adam Hayward, and Jeremy Zuttah? Dominik has yet to extend any players he drafted and has already said goodbye to Kellen Winslow, Roy Miller, Kyle Moore, Michael Bennett, LeGarrette Blount, Brian Price, Arrelious Benn, Sammie Stroughter, and others. Josh Freeman is going to play out his contract and Mike Williams has yet to sign an extension, either.

Those guys you now bash Dom for extending, were the few standouts from Gruden/Allen days. But i guess Dom should have built a team, while having a nice record, from scratch? And according to some here, without any big FAs.

Yes, being contenders within just 4 years was reasonable back then. ...24-40

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#88 : June 12, 2013, 09:39:17 AM

Dominik has yet to extend any players he drafted and has already said goodbye to Kellen Winslow, Roy Miller, Kyle Moore, Michael Bennett, LeGarrette Blount, Brian Price, Arrelious Benn, Sammie Stroughter, and others.
you do realize this list is half full of late round picks and UDFA's?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#89 : June 12, 2013, 09:40:59 AM

They both suck............wake up America.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Allen vs Dominik. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools