Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Allen vs Dominik. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#90 : June 12, 2013, 09:42:34 AM

Not what I said.  I trying to point out that w/o them this roster that Dom has assembled through the draft over 5 years would still be a bad team.  The best players on this roster were drafted by other teams.

I would rate McCoy over Vjax. Top5 DT vs top10 WR.

Should we have been further? Sure. Do i think we are on right track? Yes, atleast Dom made a bad team out of a horrible team.
Should Dom stay for just being better than Allen? Nope.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#91 : June 12, 2013, 10:30:28 AM

Do we really want to call Gruden and Allen's drafting horrible when Dominik gave new contracts to Michael Clayton, Carnell Williams, Barrett Ruud, Donald Penn, Davin Joseph, Jeremy Trueblood, Quincy Black, Tanard Jackson, Adam Hayward, and Jeremy Zuttah? Dominik has yet to extend any players he drafted and has already said goodbye to Kellen Winslow, Roy Miller, Kyle Moore, Michael Bennett, LeGarrette Blount, Brian Price, Arrelious Benn, Sammie Stroughter, and others. Josh Freeman is going to play out his contract and Mike Williams has yet to sign an extension, either.

Those guys you now bash Dom for extending, were the few standouts from Gruden/Allen days. But i guess Dom should have built a team, while having a nice record, from scratch? And according to some here, without any big FAs.

Yes, being contenders within just 4 years was reasonable back then. ...24-40
I didn't say Dominik should or shouldn't have extended those players. I was merely responding to the notion that Allen and Gruden were so horrible and left Dominik with nothing when multiple times throughout his tenure, Dominik judged a player with an expiring contract against the rest of the league and decided he'd rather have the player Gruden and Allen acquired.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#92 : June 12, 2013, 10:55:28 AM

Frg - why don't you compare what scot mccloughan left trent baalke to what Allen left dominik?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#93 : June 12, 2013, 11:03:20 AM

Do we really want to call Gruden and Allen's drafting horrible when Dominik gave new contracts to Michael Clayton, Carnell Williams, Barrett Ruud, Donald Penn, Davin Joseph, Jeremy Trueblood, Quincy Black, Tanard Jackson, Adam Hayward, and Jeremy Zuttah? Dominik has yet to extend any players he drafted and has already said goodbye to Kellen Winslow, Roy Miller, Kyle Moore, Michael Bennett, LeGarrette Blount, Brian Price, Arrelious Benn, Sammie Stroughter, and others. Josh Freeman is going to play out his contract and Mike Williams has yet to sign an extension, either.

Those guys you now bash Dom for extending, were the few standouts from Gruden/Allen days. But i guess Dom should have built a team, while having a nice record, from scratch? And according to some here, without any big FAs.

I didn't say Dominik should or shouldn't have extended those players. I was merely responding to the notion that Allen and Gruden were so horrible and left Dominik with nothing when multiple times throughout his tenure, Dominik judged a player with an expiring contract against the rest of the league and decided he'd rather have the player Gruden and Allen acquired.

But then you have bring up who has the rest of the league at that time, plus accounting for outside players to climatize to new enviroment. Lets not forget those extension happened when the Glazers had not opened their wallets yet.
Allen/Gruden left over an expension team for Dominik and Morris. The fact those players were pretty much reasonable the 'best ones' available tells you some about the road Dom had to go at that time. Still i do not get why we extended Clayton f/e. But mistakes happen.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#94 : June 12, 2013, 11:05:33 AM

???

a GM is to blame for not extending guys like Freemand and Williams yet? and for UPGRADING the talent on the roster?

put the axe down  . .

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#95 : June 12, 2013, 11:08:25 AM

Freemand?   Who the hell is that?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#96 : June 12, 2013, 11:13:20 AM

But then you have bring up who has the rest of the league at that time, plus accounting for outside players to climatize to new enviroment. Lets not forget those extension happened when the Glazers had not opened their wallets yet.
Allen/Gruden left over an expension team for Dominik and Morris. The fact those players were pretty much reasonable the 'best ones' available tells you some about the road Dom had to go at that time. Still i do not get why we extended Clayton f/e. But mistakes happen.
If the players left by Gruden and Allen were the best options, doesn't sound like they were so horrible at drafting. If the players were horrible, Dominik wouldn't have kept them. He sure didn't keep Derrick Brooks.

And I forgot he gave Antonio Bryant a new contract, too. That's another one.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#97 : June 12, 2013, 11:37:24 AM

Freemand?   Who the hell is that?

our QB with my fat thumbs  . .  lol

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#98 : June 12, 2013, 11:41:37 AM

If the players left by Gruden and Allen were the best options, doesn't sound like they were so horrible at drafting. If the players were horrible, Dominik wouldn't have kept them. He sure didn't keep Derrick Brooks.

Allen and Grudens drafting doesnt look better because their players were 'better' than/as good as the (cheap) FAs when Dom extended 'em.

Which WR available in 09 was comparable to Clayton, skill and contract wise? I already said i did not like that one, but still...
Which RG was available when Jospeh contract came up?
Which RRT was available when Trueblood was about to be extended?
Which MLB was available when Ruud was holding out?

How long did those guys stays once Dom had found a replacement for?
: June 12, 2013, 11:44:41 AM QaZ

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#99 : June 12, 2013, 11:42:23 AM

lmao  Dom cut a bunch of OLD veterans (eg Brooks) and then built from there.  Re-signing some of the guys on the roster does NOT mean Gru/Allen were good drafters . .  lol.

This post is vintage . . .what happened?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#100 : June 12, 2013, 11:59:08 AM

Allen and Grudens drafting doesnt look better because their players were 'better' than/as good as the (cheap) FAs when Dom extended 'em.

Which WR available in 09 was comparable to Clayton, skill and contract wise? I already said i did not like that one, but still...

I think most people will agree, in hindsight, that resigning Black, Clayton, Joseph, Trueblood, Bryant, and Jackson was dumb.

Hindsight always 20/20, though.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#101 : June 12, 2013, 12:17:40 PM

You may now get some hypothetical list of free agents, but the comment is spot on.  Criticizing Dom for the transaition is a bit absurd. There are guys that he shouldnt have given $$ (eg Clayton), but they had to transition and that part has been done well . . . with cap space .  . even after signing BIG $$ free agents.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#102 : June 12, 2013, 12:39:58 PM

So Gruden and Allen drafted horrible players, even though Dominik couldn't find better replacements and had to re-sign them. Got it.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#103 : June 12, 2013, 01:48:38 PM

Dominik is not responsible for picking talent.   He just signs the checks and tries to keep the Bucs out of the cap hell that  Allen inherited from Rich Mckay..     I will give him credit for that.   His situation the last 2 years is completely different than Allen.   The Glazers opened their wallets and the Bucs replaced the nincompoop Morris with a real head coach that has put together a pretty respectable staff.

What kind of Staff did Dominik and Morris put together?  :'( ??? :o >:(

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#104 : June 12, 2013, 02:07:05 PM

Franchise tag? I would call that more like not wanting to give a new contract but see if he can do it again, good move by Dominik on that.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Allen vs Dominik. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools