Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The 2013 E3 Thread - Sony fires some shots! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

: June 11, 2013, 05:45:34 AM

Didn't see a thread on E3, so I figured as a famer i'd start one.

So yeah, We got Season 2 of the walking dead coming...Dead Rising 3...A new look at Beyond: Two Souls....

Oh, and this happened:

Ouch!!  :o

Soney seems to be winning this year IMO. What say you?

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 11, 2013, 06:42:27 AM

Sony destroyed Microsoft in terms of overall. They gave gamers what they wanted and at a cheaper cost than Xbox.
Xbox specs are slightly worse and its 100 more. Xbox has the lead on exclusives atm. At this point it seems like a lot people are going PS4
http://www.destructoid.com/so-which-is-it-going-to-be-xbox-one-or-playstation-4--255968.phtml just look at that poll.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 11, 2013, 09:03:24 PM

I have pretty much been an Xbox'r every since the original console came out. I got a PS3 about 6 months ago and have barely touched the 360 since. All microsoft has done with everything revolving around the Xbox1 has pushed me further away. I will definitely be getting the ps4 after about 6 months of release. I'm not going anywhere near the xb1. Kudos to Sony for keeping the interest of their consumers on mind and not bending to the pressure from the gaming industry to attempt to eliminate the gaming market for used and rented games.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 11, 2013, 09:25:31 PM

Anyone see the new PS3 exclusive game coming out? Some critics are saying its the best game ever made.

The same people that made the "Uncharted" games made it.

It's got a metacritic score of 96/100.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/the-last-of-us

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 12, 2013, 07:41:49 PM

Looking  forward to The Last of Us, hell yes.

Seems like Nintendo just wants to regroup and wait for their next console, but the 3DS has a lot of **CENSORED** on the way...

Plus...

MEGAMAN IN THE NEW SMASH BROS.!

:o :o :o

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 12, 2013, 07:46:28 PM

I have pretty much been an Xbox'r every since the original console came out. I got a PS3 about 6 months ago and have barely touched the 360 since. All microsoft has done with everything revolving around the Xbox1 has pushed me further away. I will definitely be getting the ps4 after about 6 months of release. I'm not going anywhere near the xb1. Kudos to Sony for keeping the interest of their consumers on mind and not bending to the pressure from the gaming industry to attempt to eliminate the gaming market for used and rented games.
Microsoft got schooled by Sony. Sony lead them to believe they would have DRM, connected to internet every 24 hours AND they thought Sony was going with a less powerful system. They actually delayed the unveil of Xbox One by a month because of it.

So far every single poll I have seen has Sony blowing Microsoft outta the water in terms of what people are going to buy. Some even ranked the Wii U over Xbox One.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#6 : June 12, 2013, 07:46:37 PM

Come on, Beats, can't you move this thread to the Fantasy forum or something?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 12, 2013, 08:04:40 PM

Nope! Nothing to do with that forum.

How amazing is Quantic Dream, by  the way?

I swear, if they can do that in Beyond: Two Souls....omg.

Edit: While that wasn't the video i was thinking of, here it is:
: June 12, 2013, 08:18:56 PM Beatles123

spartan

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 12, 2013, 08:09:24 PM

The Microsoft model is to grab market share then bully competition out of existence. I think they misjudged this one.

You hear what they are doing with Office? It is wed to the first PC you install it on. PC dies and you have to buy a new one? You have to buy a completely new version of Office. The Xbox model they are implementing is very reminiscent of that.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 12, 2013, 08:15:29 PM

Fixed the video. the correct one is posted now.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 12, 2013, 08:47:28 PM

The Microsoft model is to grab market share then bully competition out of existence. I think they misjudged this one.

You hear what they are doing with Office? It is wed to the first PC you install it on. PC dies and you have to buy a new one? You have to buy a completely new version of Office. The Xbox model they are implementing is very reminiscent of that.
Pirate it. Office should be included with Windows anyways.

I'm still torn on which one to buy. Xbox one is going to have some amazing exclusives, so far they look better than anything PS4 has to offer. I think a lot of people are jumping to conclusions after both parties E3 and I'll admit I have too. But Sony online experience is god awful right now and its going to have to improve vastly to even come close to what Xbox already offers.

I'm not 100% certain, but I heard you only need 1 xbox live account now and everyone on your system can use it.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 12, 2013, 09:01:17 PM

Anyone see the new PS3 exclusive game coming out? Some critics are saying its the best game ever made.

The same people that made the "Uncharted" games made it.

It's got a metacritic score of 96/100.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/the-last-of-us

Looks excellent. Will probably pick it up this weekend at some point.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 12, 2013, 09:39:13 PM

My Son is at the E3 in LA right now...OBD

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 13, 2013, 04:36:47 AM

I may as well post em for the people that missed em:

Sony E3 presser:

Microsoft E3 Presser:

Nintendo Direct presser at E3:

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#14 : June 13, 2013, 01:10:34 PM

I preordered the PS4. Gamestop worker said they actually sold out of Xbox One preorders which is just going to encourage Microsoft to keep its ways up. I'm glad with my PS Plus sub, I get a launch day game free *Drive Club PS Plus edition*.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The 2013 E3 Thread - Sony fires some shots! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools