Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No bags allowed at NFL stadiums « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : June 14, 2013, 07:43:31 PM

Benjamin Franklin - Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither,

Wasn't what he said.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 14, 2013, 07:53:52 PM

Terrorists? Give me a break cnn watcher

You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than a terrorist.

We have all this crap "protecting" us from terrorists...

Yet no one protecting our RIGHTS

Going to a football game isn't a "right". You want to go to a game, you've gotta play by the NFL's rules.

I travel light anyway.
I get that, but it was more of a generalization of this diseased country filled with fear.

Every year there is more liberties taken away for the sake of fighting the cia boogie man terrorist

Benjamin Franklin - Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither,

Don't know about you but under the same set of laws I still have the freedom to do whatever I like. We have it better than most here, The freedom to be whatever you want no restrictions Gender/Race don't matter. Life is what you make of it in the US.

S.A.N.T.A.N.A.

Starter

#17 : June 14, 2013, 07:54:06 PM

Wasn't what he said.
I've seen different variations but you know what I mean

S.A.N.T.A.N.A.

Starter

#18 : June 14, 2013, 08:07:09 PM

You'll see in a few years that this is no longer a free nation.

No one cares about the small details and no one cares about the Constitution.

RaHonde Barber

Rookie

#19 : June 14, 2013, 10:04:11 PM

You'll see in a few years that this is no longer a free nation.

No one cares about the small details and no one cares about the Constitution.

This topic has nothing to do with politics though.

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#20 : June 14, 2013, 10:06:35 PM

Wasn't what he said.

Give the guy a break, he was awfully close- nothing was lost or distorted in his paraphrasing.  The exact quote is below...

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety.

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#21 : June 14, 2013, 10:11:35 PM

Disappointed by the new policy, but can not say I am surprised.  I have been using the same bag since 2005.  I'll have to downsize some of the items I bring and wear cargo shorts for the rest.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 14, 2013, 10:13:53 PM

Just another reason to view the games in your man cave, with the 60 inch and free food.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

youngone

Hall of Famer
#23 : June 14, 2013, 10:24:05 PM

Wasn't what he said.

Give the guy a break, he was awfully close- nothing was lost or distorted in his paraphrasing.  The exact quote is below...

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety.
That's some real stuff right there.

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#24 : June 14, 2013, 10:32:58 PM

Just another reason to view the games in your man cave, with the 60 inch and free food.

I haven't missed a home game since the 80's, but that is getting harder and harder to justify.  I don't have the 60 in, but might need to upgrade eventually.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 14, 2013, 10:49:44 PM

As the old saying goes.. one nut spoils the pot.

Not saying it's cool, because it's not, but it's the NFL could possibly be one of the biggest targets out there today for wackos, nutjobs, stupid kids, and those ideologic morons who think killing kids makes any kind of valid/respectable point.

The NFL has the right to protect it's business and fans. Ever since 9/11 happened, the whole damn country has been walking on eggshells anyhow. Now, with other uber retarded happenings (theatre shooting spree, school shootings, Boston bombing, etc), I believe this was a forgone conclusion. Honestly, in the near future, I wouldn't be surprised if they did background checks on season ticket holders.

This is just another example of freedom being systematically taken away because of some idiots going on a killing spree. It isn't the first time in history that terrorist activities have happened, but right now the whole damn county is being fed evey single bit of terror right from the comfort of their couch. You cannot even turn on fox without seeing "alert" somewhere on the screen (seriously, go look). Everything is horror stories, and it's taking it's toll on american society.

Even IF it's 'not that bad," people are scared sh1tless of it.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#26 : June 14, 2013, 10:54:53 PM

Not saying it's cool, because it's not, but it's the NFL could possibly be one of the biggest targets out there today for wackos, nutjobs, stupid kids, and those ideologic morons

And that's just Falcon and Eagles fans

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#27 : June 14, 2013, 11:06:20 PM

Not saying it's cool, because it's not, but it's the NFL could possibly be one of the biggest targets out there today for wackos, nutjobs, stupid kids, and those ideologic morons

And that's just Falcon and Eagles fans

Funny stuff....

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#28 : June 14, 2013, 11:39:38 PM

Not worth going to NFL games anymore anyways. You can get a great viewing experience at home and not the insane fees of a NFL game.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 15, 2013, 12:41:41 AM

Not worth going to NFL games anymore anyways. You can get a great viewing experience at home and not the insane fees of a NFL game.

But that I itself is a weird thought pattern.

IF TV's replace seats, won't the NFL start a payperview and get us eventually anyway?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No bags allowed at NFL stadiums « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools