Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No bags allowed at NFL stadiums « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 15, 2013, 12:46:53 AM

Damn, it's going to be harder to smuggle my rum in now....

Just put it in your stomach.

I employ that strategy every game - down 2-3 beer once parked and before heading in the gates.  Saves a few $$, but does require heading to the latrines once or twice during the game - something I don't like to do because it disrupts peeps in  my section/row when I get up (got some fatass **CENSORED** Buc fans who can't get out of their seats when you try to pass by).

cmon man.  you're mad at them? respectfully disagree.  i cant stand it when the same people have to get up and cross in front of me multiple times(always at a key moment) because they cant "hold it" until play stops.  those people have a right to be ticked if you're hitting the rest room multiple times during the game. how about end of qtr?  half time? LOL.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#31 : June 15, 2013, 03:49:37 AM

I'm not shocked that this happened, I'm actually surprised it took so long to happen. I'd imagine any venue with tens of thousands of people in a confined area will be taking the same approach rather soon after the Boston bombings.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#32 : June 15, 2013, 03:59:52 AM

Not worth going to NFL games anymore anyways. You can get a great viewing experience at home and not the insane fees of a NFL game.

But that I itself is a weird thought pattern.

IF TV's replace seats, won't the NFL start a payperview and get us eventually anyway?
That would just make people go to those illegal streaming sites more. A lot of people already pay for Sunday Ticket anyways, isn't that itself another version of pay per view?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#33 : June 15, 2013, 06:03:08 AM

Benjamin Franklin - Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither,

Wasn't what he said.

Give the guy a break, he was awfully close- nothing was lost or distorted in his paraphrasing.  The exact quote is below...

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety.
That's some real stuff right there.

The context of what Franklin said and the context of a private business (NFL) telling you what you can and can't bring into their business is a little different, wouldn't you say? 

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#34 : June 15, 2013, 06:16:04 AM

Damn, it's going to be harder to smuggle my rum in now....

Just put it in your stomach.

I employ that strategy every game - down 2-3 beer once parked and before heading in the gates.  Saves a few $$, but does require heading to the latrines once or twice during the game - something I don't like to do because it disrupts peeps in  my section/row when I get up (got some fatass **CENSORED** Buc fans who can't get out of their seats when you try to pass by).

cmon man.  you're mad at them? respectfully disagree.  i cant stand it when the same people have to get up and cross in front of me multiple times(always at a key moment) because they cant "hold it" until play stops.  those people have a right to be ticked if you're hitting the rest room multiple times during the game. how about end of qtr?  half time? LOL.

sorry buddy - not waiting until halftime so I can stand in line for 30 mins to use the john ------remember the days when people were pissing in the sinks because there weren't enough toilets.....ain't happening. Just get up off your ass and make room as I pass by......

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#35 : June 15, 2013, 06:29:00 AM

Benjamin Franklin never had to deal with suicide bombers and terrorists being the only threat to the nation. The quote sounds noble, but is outdated by the abilities of man to kill for religious beliefs.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#36 : June 15, 2013, 06:40:03 AM

Benjamin Franklin never had to deal with suicide bombers and terrorists being the only threat to the nation. The quote sounds noble, but is outdated by the abilities of man to kill for religious beliefs.

Very well said.  Rightwingers like to quote our Forefathers as it were Biblical gospel.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 15, 2013, 08:00:01 AM

Just another reason to view the games in your man cave, with the 60 inch and free food.

I haven't missed a home game since the 80's, but that is getting harder and harder to justify.  I don't have the 60 in, but might need to upgrade eventually.

I have a 60"....and will still be @ Ray Jay for every game. I fail to see what the big deal is.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#38 : June 15, 2013, 11:05:00 AM

I was wondering when this topic was going to explode (no pun intended).

A few things that bother me about this:

1) The NFL says the reason for this change is safety.  If they truly wanted to make the NFL experience safer they would give breathalizers at the gates and anyone that blows over a certain number can't come in.  That would drastically decrease the amount of idiots in the stands.  Not trying to be high & mighty here, I love my beers before/during and after the game, I just don't take it to the extreme.

2) NFL is going for a more family friendly atmosphere but they are telling all women (and some men) they can't bring in purses?  A family going to a packers game can't bring a bag full of blankets for their kids?  Seems counter intuitive to me.

3) Why can't every stadium have a bag line?  It's simple, everyone without a bag goes through line A, everyone with a bag goes through line B. 

4) You can't even bring in cushioned stadium seats.  My guess is they will be renting them on a game by game basis starting Week 1.  All about getting that coin. 

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 15, 2013, 11:13:52 AM

What am I going to tell the o' lady?

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#40 : June 15, 2013, 11:28:56 AM

haha  I see what you did there.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 15, 2013, 11:51:58 AM

3) Why can't every stadium have a bag line?  It's simple, everyone without a bag goes through line A, everyone with a bag goes through line B. 

So, if a dude/dudette blows up a bag in Line B, and you're in Line A, then you're game with that?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#42 : June 15, 2013, 11:53:48 AM

lol

i cant stand it when the same people have to get up and cross in front of me multiple times(always at a key moment)

Dude, the Bucs haven't had a "key moment" since 2002-2003. You ain't missing anything.....

As far as protecting the fans -we Buc fans have nothing to worry about. It's the empty seats that have to worry about an explosion.

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#43 : June 15, 2013, 12:05:40 PM

Benjamin Franklin - Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither,

Wasn't what he said.

Give the guy a break, he was awfully close- nothing was lost or distorted in his paraphrasing.  The exact quote is below...

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety.
That's some real stuff right there.

The context of what Franklin said and the context of a private business (NFL) telling you what you can and can't bring into their business is a little different, wouldn't you say?

I'm not engaging in a debate about the policy concerning bags being brought into the stadium, I am simply pointing out that your saying "Wasn't what he said."  was an absurd splitting of hairs.

fanofkit

Pro Bowler

#44 : June 15, 2013, 12:18:54 PM

Just another reason to view the games in your man cave, with the 60 inch and free food.

I haven't missed a home game since the 80's, but that is getting harder and harder to justify.  I don't have the 60 in, but might need to upgrade eventually.

I have a 60"....and will still be @ Ray Jay for every game. I fail to see what the big deal is.

The bag policy is not going to make me fail to renew my season tickets- my statement is just reflects the changing priorities as I get older, the growing expense of attending, and the passing of the guard.  Games are less enjoyable when they can't be shared with so many people who have had to give up their seats around me due to age, income etc...  Times have changed and so has the supporting cast in my section. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No bags allowed at NFL stadiums « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools