Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL's worst contracts « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#120 : June 26, 2013, 12:44:03 PM

Chace,  I could be wrong,  but Antijava seems to be implying that , after last season , McCoy has officially met all expectations and a player worthy of his 11 million a year price tag.

Even seems to imply its unfair to expect anymore.
You have to throw the injury plagued seasons out the window, it is what it is.  Are you saying that if GMC plays to basically the same Pro Bowl level this year as last he will not have earned his paycheck this year?

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#121 : June 26, 2013, 01:05:30 PM

"Are you saying that if GMC plays to basically the same Pro Bowl level this year as last he will not have earned his paycheck this year?"

Earned his paycheck, or earned his paycheck this year?
It's a much different statement with the attached qualifier, but then you knew that, which is why you included the qualifier to begin with.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#122 : June 26, 2013, 03:16:21 PM

Injuries are part of the game.  Not a qualifier, just the way it is.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#123 : June 26, 2013, 03:35:44 PM

Qualifier: a word (as an adjective) or word group that limits or modifies the meaning of another word (as a noun) or word group.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#124 : June 26, 2013, 04:24:26 PM

You can't throw out the injuries , it all factors together . But that being said  , last year wasn't worth 11 million either , IMO .

5 sacks and 25 tackles .  If that is a pro bowl year for a DT in today's game ,wonderful , but that speaks more to the talent level currently at his position than whether he deserves that much money . As Chace said , a Pro Bowl doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot , and the fact is that simply is not enough impact to justify the cap hit.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#125 : June 26, 2013, 09:00:17 PM

Chace,  I could be wrong,  but Antijava seems to be implying that , after last season , McCoy has officially met all expectations and a player worthy of his 11 million a year price tag.

Even seems to imply its unfair to expect anymore.

I don't need you to speak for me, stick to your own commentary.  That in itself, seems to get you plenty of attention.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#126 : June 26, 2013, 10:54:49 PM

Here's a simple question:

Hypothetically, pretend he had played (and not played) on another team the past few years, with exactly the same production and injuries, in the same order -- IOW everything about his career was exactly the same except he played for someone else.  He somehow became a FA today.  And we had JAG at that spot, would you offer him 11 million a year to become a Buc? 

The answer to that would be the answer to whether he belongs on this list or not.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#127 : June 26, 2013, 11:21:47 PM

lmao @ 'you have to throw out the injuries'

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#128 : June 26, 2013, 11:38:31 PM

For the record, based upon the cash that McCoy has actually received so far during his career, he has been paid $4.5 million per sack.
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFL's worst contracts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools