Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Bay Buccaneers Training Camp Profile: Dashon Goldson « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : June 16, 2013, 12:04:31 AM »

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Training Camp Profile: Dashon Goldson

2 hours ago by Thomas Emerick

John David Mercer-USA TODAY Spor

Dashon Goldson won more total games with the San Francisco 49ers last season than the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have won in the last two combined. It gets even more ridiculous when you realize Goldson was a part of more playoff wins in January alone than the Bucs have gotten overall in the past decade.

Obviously, Goldson won these games as one starter amongst a roster of 22-plus but it’s always interesting to see a key component on a winner take the big bucks to join a dormant squad on the up-and-up. It also certainly helps a free safety in getting the ear of his secondary when he played in the NFL’s last game, the Super Bowl epic against the Baltimore Ravens.

The Bucs are listening, especially young corners Danny Gorrer and Leonard Johnson, and are ready to improve upon the league’s worst pass defense and a 7-9 record in 2012.

“Dashon has been a lot of fun to work with,” said Bucs Coach Greg Schiano, via the team website. “He’s a great football mind. He learns very well and he cares a lot. Like you saw, he keeps those young two corners out there and he’s just throwing. No one asked him to do that. That’s on him and that’s what veterans need to do.  We have some veterans that I know I can lean on and I think the organization can lean on. You need that. I’m glad he’s ours.”

Though Goldson was nominally a free safety he always played a little like a strong in San Francisco’s aggressive safety scheme, and it will be interesting to see how this translates next to fellow a hammer-layer in second-year man Mark Barron. Either way, having Darrelle Revis in the fold will allow Goldson blow up the middle of the field a fair amount like he did back in NorCal.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/06/15/tampa-bay-buccaneers-training-camp-profile-dashon-goldson/?76jtwzYc8ZEgk6t0.99

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler

« #1 : June 16, 2013, 12:27:28 AM »

Im more excited to have Goldson than i am to have Revis

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #2 : June 16, 2013, 12:48:23 AM »

That's one helluva statement right there!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
« #3 : June 16, 2013, 10:20:05 AM »

Disagree with that one. I'm very happy to have the first shut down Corner since Deon. Goldson is a stud too though, as is Barron. It may take Barron a little longer, because it often takes Safeties 3 or 4 years to really start to make there mark, but Barron is going to be a bad ass and we should see at least a lot more flashes this year.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #4 : June 16, 2013, 01:19:25 PM »

In this regard, "one helluva statement" means "are you effin kidding me?"

bucs449

Hall of Famer

« #5 : June 16, 2013, 01:22:44 PM »

When Dashon Goldson is the second best player in the secondary, things are looking good.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #6 : June 16, 2013, 02:24:35 PM »

Goldson is a nice player.  If we hadn't landed Revis, it still would of been a successful offseason because of Goldson.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #7 : June 16, 2013, 02:30:40 PM »

When Dashon Goldson is the second best player in the secondary, things are looking good.

And when the best player on defense is out there with him, it makes that whole part of the field invisible to QB's.

I know how good the NFCS QB's are supposed to be, but they seldom will face a defense this talented in the DB core. Brees and Ryan had better be on their game when they face us now. No more freebies guys.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Bay Buccaneers Training Camp Profile: Dashon Goldson « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools