Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: According to ESPN Bucs aren't even an option to make the playoffs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#105 : June 17, 2013, 03:47:56 PM

Use your football knowledge and explain to me why it won't happen... Don't worry I'll wait.

They have better players and coaching.

How's that?

You didn't wait long, did you?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#106 : June 17, 2013, 04:03:08 PM

Use your football knowledge and explain to me why it won't happen... Don't worry I'll wait.

How's that?

oh snap!

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#107 : June 17, 2013, 04:05:51 PM

How's that?

better players?  im not so sure about that, but again a lot has changed.   they do have drew brees, and that accounts for a lot.

coaching? possibly.

ill give the nod to payton over sullivan, but how special was payton before he got drew brees?  he certainly was good...but was he better than sullivan good?

rob ryan just got fired last year...and his defense gave up more PPG than our Bucs defense did.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#108 : June 17, 2013, 04:14:26 PM

I agree. They may have had the thought of, "It will be good for us to roll into the playoff with a W"....but I seriously doubt that they were "all in" for that game.
i apologize for kicking the dead horse...but when they were "all in" against us the only won by a single point.

but yeah, im sure they were thinking, "we already in the playoffs.  who cares if a heated division rival opponent beats us at home on our own turf?"

The Bucs were red hot rolling into the ATL game in week 12 having won 5 out of their last 6 games. Freeman played one of his better games of the year. ATL took our best punch and still won. They are heated rivals with the Saints, not the Bucs. I seriously doubt they mentally approached that week 17 game the same way they did coming up on their game 2 weeks later vs. the Seahawks.

Also the, "they played all of their starters" argument that some are using, doesn't mean much to me. Smith would have been scrutinized and questioned about not playing his guys in week 17 all the way up until their 1st playoff game. It also could have sent a bad message to his team had he rested players and not at least trotted out the starting players. Atlanta choosing to start their regular guys was a political move, so to speak...IMO anyway.
: June 17, 2013, 04:18:11 PM chace1986

youngone

Hall of Famer

#109 : June 17, 2013, 04:31:29 PM

How's that?

Did you have to take your shoes off to come up with that answer?

DejaVu

Starter

#110 : June 17, 2013, 04:33:36 PM

I agree. They may have had the thought of, "It will be good for us to roll into the playoff with a W"....but I seriously doubt that they were "all in" for that game.
i apologize for kicking the dead horse...but when they were "all in" against us the only won by a single point.

but yeah, im sure they were thinking, "we already in the playoffs.  who cares if a heated division rival opponent beats us at home on our own turf?"

The Bucs were red hot rolling into the ATL game in week 12 having won 5 out of their last 6 games. Freeman played one of his better games of the year. ATL took our best punch and still won. They are heated rivals with the Saints, not the Bucs. I seriously doubt they mentally approached that week 17 game the same way they did coming up on their game 2 weeks later vs. the Seahawks.

Also the, "they played all of their starters" argument that some are using, doesn't mean much to me. Smith would have been scrutinized and questioned about not playing his guys in week 17 all the way up until their 1st playoff game. It also could have sent a bad message to his team had he rested players and not at least trotted out the starting players. Atlanta choosing to start their regular guys was a political move, so to speak...IMO anyway.

I agree.   No way did the Falcons consider the Bucs to be a "heated rival".

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#111 : June 17, 2013, 04:38:39 PM

so the Bucs and Falcons are not heated rivals?  i find that hard to believe.  i find it hard to believe our best punch included freeman not throwing for a TD. 

and smith wouldnt have been scrutinized if matt ryan, or julio jones tore an ACL against us?  i believe its a bad message to put your players out on the field when you know they arent trying to win.  but then again i believe some of these guys have too much pride to lay down and lose a division game at home on purpose.

it doesnt matter anymore though.  just another way to disparage the Bucs imo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#112 : June 17, 2013, 04:46:02 PM

so the Bucs and Falcons are not heated rivals?  i find that hard to believe.  i find it hard to believe our best punch included freeman not throwing for a TD. 

and smith wouldnt have been scrutinized if matt ryan, or julio jones tore an ACL against us?  i believe its a bad message to put your players out on the field when you know they arent trying to win.  but then again i believe some of these guys have too much pride to lay down and lose a division game at home on purpose.

it doesnt matter anymore though.  just another way to disparage the Bucs imo.

The Bucs might look at the Falcons in a heated manner because they are striving to be consistent contenders like the Falcons have been the past 5 seasons, but the Falcons true heated rivals in the division are the Saints....and who cares if Freeman didn't throw a TD? That means nothing. Martin ran for 2 TDs, Barth had 3 FGs and Freeman played well that game. Just because he didn't throw a TD doesn't mean that he didn't play a good game and get the Bucs in position to score 23 points. I don't know if they laid down in that game....I just don't think they went into it with the attitude of "we must win this game" because winning or losing would have had no effect on their teams future after the clock read all zeros.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#113 : June 17, 2013, 05:26:02 PM

"I just don't think they went into it with the attitude of "we must win this game"

"i believe some of these guys have too much pride to lay down and lose a division game at home on purpose"

It's like you're speaking different languages. You say "didn't give it their all because the game wasn't important" and Buc Homer hears "lost on purpose."

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#114 : June 17, 2013, 09:09:58 PM

Here's my disconnect with the sunshine pumpers...we finished 1-5 with the lone win vs a team that had zero to gain from a win but they tried there very best to beat us...it is stupid to even post that but hey...I'll give it to you.  WE STILL FINISHED 1-5...pathetic.  So that's what gives you an attitude that we are going to in the division.  Second worst passing D in history of the NFL and many attribute it to SCHEME not talent but yeah...we're better than the Falcons?

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  24-40 under DOm/Morris/Schiano and NOW we are champions?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#115 : June 17, 2013, 09:30:04 PM

Here's my disconnect with the sunshine pumpers...we finished 1-5 with the lone win vs a team that had zero to gain from a win but they tried there very best to beat us...it is stupid to even post that but hey...I'll give it to you.  WE STILL FINISHED 1-5...pathetic.  So that's what gives you an attitude that we are going to in the division.  Second worst passing D in history of the NFL and many attribute it to SCHEME not talent but yeah...we're better than the Falcons?

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  24-40 under DOm/Morris/Schiano and NOW we are champions?

i assume you have no intention on watching this year?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#116 : June 17, 2013, 09:47:58 PM

Of course, I will cheer and goto games and enjoy them.  That doesn't change the hubris emitted on here.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#117 : June 18, 2013, 06:43:30 AM

Of course, I will cheer and goto games and enjoy them.  That doesn't change the hubris emitted on here.

exactly -

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#118 : June 18, 2013, 06:56:13 AM

Any of you who think the Falcons wanted to enter the playoffs after getting pole-axed by a losing team are smoking crack. The Falcons struggles in the playoffs are well documented,  and that's the whole reason they attempted to win that game.  So they could enter sharp and on a winning note. Therefore the DID have something to play for.

No way Smith would have been heavily scrutinized either . Clinched playoff teams sit their starters all the time...and as I recall Smith was scrutinized heavily anyways by the fans because Jon Abraham got hurt in that bucs game when he could have been resting.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#119 : June 18, 2013, 07:02:46 AM

I can't believe all the Schiano haters who can't even give him credit for this game. This was his crowning achievement of the year.

He was able to trick them with all that cover two zone.

No way the Falcons didn't want that game. No way. Haters.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: According to ESPN Bucs aren't even an option to make the playoffs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools