Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: According to ESPN Bucs aren't even an option to make the playoffs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#165 : June 19, 2013, 08:23:41 PM

Well in a way hes right. This team isnt really heated rivals with anybody. Theres no game right now that between the bucs and anybody that needs to be on national TV. The old Bucs/Eagles was a game that interested everybody. ATL and TB was getting there but I think it cooled off after Raheems last season. Last year the games were tight but to the outside viewer, anybody could say that the Falcons didnt care about that game. I disagree and maybe it is my pewter glasses on but Im a competitive guy and these are very competitive men and I believe those two teams hate each others guts. Its more a division rival at the moment but could turn into something great if they are both in a race for division champ. Same with the Saints. Carolina has a chance to be pretty heated rivals again after last years 2 games.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#166 : June 19, 2013, 08:37:39 PM

Well in a way hes right. This team isnt really heated rivals with anybody. Theres no game right now that between the bucs and anybody that needs to be on national TV. The old Bucs/Eagles was a game that interested everybody. ATL and TB was getting there but I think it cooled off after Raheems last season. Last year the games were tight but to the outside viewer, anybody could say that the Falcons didnt care about that game. I disagree and maybe it is my pewter glasses on but Im a competitive guy and these are very competitive men and I believe those two teams hate each others guts. Its more a division rival at the moment but could turn into something great if they are both in a race for division champ. Same with the Saints. Carolina has a chance to be pretty heated rivals again after last years 2 games.

Well then you aren't even talking about a rivalry you're talking about being good.  We aren't.  So that explains to me why we don't have one of those kind of things going atm.  Call me old school if you want but all real rivalries are division rivals.  Just last week the Rams and 49'ers were smack talking all week.  Are the Rams good?  Did they beat the niners last year.... yup.   

I think if you have a mentality like our friend morgan you really misunderstand everything about competitive sports.  The primetime semi rivalries between 2 good teams competing for the NFC championship are fun but fleeting.  So yeah, we have sucked recently but if you can't get up for an opportunity to humiliate ATL in week 17 and love every moment you're the one who doesn't get it.

Quote from: morgan
I swear we have some of the dumbest fans in the league.  Reminds me when I went to Dominik/Morris' breakfast for season ticket holders and sat down and the dude sitting on the table across from me in Bucs' gears asks "Who is he?" when pointing at Dominik.

All this because he doesn't get it.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#167 : June 19, 2013, 09:07:14 PM

I think we will be a good team this year. Potential to be great. Believe me I love playing our division rivals but does anybody outside our division really give a **CENSORED** about about our games? I dont think so. And I think that's what Morgan is getting at. And in those ways I agree. We aren't a good team yet as we haven't won the big games yet but they could. I think we will start to really get some solid rivalry going this season. It will have to be within the division though and have some drama in the game that gets the nation talking. But for me I love watching our team go at it with our division rivals. We're building some solid hate against these guys.

jbear

Pro Bowler

#168 : June 19, 2013, 09:24:21 PM

I think we will be a good team this year. Potential to be great. Believe me I love playing our division rivals but does anybody outside our division really give a **CENSORED** about about our games? I dont think so. And I think that's what Morgan is getting at. And in those ways I agree. We aren't a good team yet as we haven't won the big games yet but they could. I think we will start to really get some solid rivalry going this season. It will have to be within the division though and have some drama in the game that gets the nation talking. But for me I love watching our team go at it with our division rivals. We're building some solid hate against these guys.

I know I love to hate those teams.  I think the players do too.  morgan just loves to listen to himself **CENSORED**.  "we don't have rivals because we're terrible...."  There is a fine line between being realistic and being a wuss.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#169 : June 19, 2013, 09:29:30 PM

That BucsNation guy needs to learn that a couple of games does not make a rivalry.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#170 : June 19, 2013, 09:39:29 PM

Just because it is not as good of a rivalry as it once was doesn't mean it isn't a rivalry. For example, the Ravens-Steelers rivalry is as good as any in the league and one team wasn't even in the city 20 years ago. The Bucs are in a strange position having changed right before their best season. But it will become more heated once we make them suffer more.

In Verner We Trust

jbear

Pro Bowler

#171 : June 19, 2013, 09:58:22 PM

Just because it is not as good of a rivalry as it once was doesn't mean it isn't a rivalry. For example, the Ravens-Steelers rivalry is as good as any in the league and one team wasn't even in the city 20 years ago. The Bucs are in a strange position having changed right before their best season. But it will become more heated once we make them suffer more.

Exactly, it's at a low point right now because we've been down for several years.  Hopefully we're on the rise now but that Steelers/Ravens Rivalry has been good because both the teams have been good.   

One last thing... All three of our division rivals loath the Bucs.  Recent history may say differently but they remember and despise our comparatively rich history.  Longtime Buc fans may find that funny but when stacked up against our division rivals they are envious of the Tampa 2 defense, the soon to be numerous HOFers from that era.   Who do the goons claim?  Dieon Sanders? lol he couldn't get out of there fast enough.  Its embarrassing when you see falcons and Saints fans trying to make claim to some great old time player who only played the last couple seasons of their career with them.  Kitties fans claim Kevin Greene for Christ sakes.   Compared with the other divisions our history looks weak but in the NFC south its the best by a mile and miz morgan feels sorry for our ineptitude and can't figure out anything that's happened since the superbowl. ???

I'm realistic but just crying how bad you are does not make you a wiser fan of the game.  If anything I think that's the unrealistic point of view because if you want to see a rivalry, lets actually battle it out for the division title this year.  Those guys will hate us real quick when we're right in the mix trying to take thier ticket. 

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#172 : June 19, 2013, 11:17:18 PM

Well said, jbear.

In Verner We Trust

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#173 : June 20, 2013, 07:53:34 AM

I guess someone should inform Ohio State that Michigan is no longer their rival , and vice versa , considering OSU won 8 of the last 10 matchups ....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#174 : June 20, 2013, 09:48:41 AM

Better tell Saints and the Falcons that Buc fans consider their teams rivals, even if they don't.  I think you'll be able to hear their laughter all the way from ATL and NOLA.

Brees mentored Freeman on how to play QB. What kind of rival does that?

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#175 : June 20, 2013, 09:53:53 AM

Better tell Saints and the Falcons that Buc fans consider their teams rivals, even if they don't.  I think you'll be able to hear their laughter all the way from ATL and NOLA.

Brees mentored Freeman on how to play QB. What kind of rival does that?

a professional who feels indebted to a coach . . but anyway, you're trying to hard with "mentored" . . .  . .lol . . . . might want to loosen up the scrubs . . . kick of the Crocs . . . relax with the obvious trolling

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#176 : June 20, 2013, 09:54:38 AM

How many current Falcons were even on the team the last time the Bucs won the division?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#177 : June 20, 2013, 10:02:06 AM

anyway, you're trying to hard with "mentored" . . . 

You're having difficulty with what comprises the difference between an opponent and a rival.  Go back to your pirates cove to annoy the posters there.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/278921

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#178 : June 20, 2013, 10:12:58 AM

I guess someone should inform Ohio State that Michigan is no longer their rival , and vice versa , considering OSU won 8 of the last 10 matchups ....
darn, does that mean Florida and Georgia are no longer rivals?  that stinks, I always enjoyed that one.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#179 : June 20, 2013, 10:16:45 AM

NFL isn't a rivalry league.  They may want it to be, but they kill it with watered down divisions and parity.

Hoist the Battleflag
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: According to ESPN Bucs aren't even an option to make the playoffs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools