Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: According to ESPN Bucs aren't even an option to make the playoffs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#90 : June 16, 2013, 09:42:31 PM

What? This is reality. The Buccaners coaches made Biggers the no.1 cb the last few years, not me. It was the coaches who thought he was better than those other guys and made him our no.1 cb, not me. That is all truth.

I dont go into the season expecting disappointment, i just know exactly what i am looking  at.

If you want to have blind faith in this organisation, go ahead, but Im going to evaluate everything for myself.

Must suck living life with a glass half empty mentality

That's what you get when the glass has a crack in it.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#91 : June 17, 2013, 05:50:43 AM

And 1sparkybuc has either overdosed on Kool Aid or else he has a huge man crush on the college coach.

Awwwwwww aren't you and Schiano the cute couple. Let me guess, you love birds are into "leather"? I am happy for you, really. But please,  NO pics on here okay?  Run along now Schiano will be missing you.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#92 : June 17, 2013, 08:09:06 AM

Saints got he nod, very surprising. I don't see it, their problem is defense and I don't see that getting fixed in one year. They have a new DC and a new scheme that I don't know they have the guys to run yet. I don't see the defense getting much better this year. Maybe they with some more intensity bc Payton is back but I don't see them being much better than last year. Brees has the tendency to throw lots of picks, if they can't create them on defense like years past its gonna be another rough year.

On another topic, I see most people have jumped off the Cam Newton ship. I think he'll rebound nicely this year.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

youngone

Hall of Famer
#93 : June 17, 2013, 09:02:07 AM

What? This is reality. The Buccaners coaches made Biggers the no.1 cb the last few years, not me. It was the coaches who thought he was better than those other guys and made him our no.1 cb, not me. That is all truth.

I dont go into the season expecting disappointment, i just know exactly what i am looking  at.

If you want to have blind faith in this organisation, go ahead, but Im going to evaluate everything for myself.

Must suck living life with a glass half empty mentality

That's what you get when the glass has a crack in it.
Hahahahaha

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#94 : June 17, 2013, 09:30:12 AM

AT WHAT POINT CAN WE START TO BLAME JOSH FREEMAN!!!????

If you explain to me how BLAMING Freeman or any other player gets this TEAM any closer to a SB, or just a PO game, i'll get my pitchfork ready,

Some people cry about spilt milk, living in the past and others think about how to improve in the future.

Tobias Funke

Starter
#95 : June 17, 2013, 11:23:11 AM

Saints got he nod, very surprising. I don't see it, their problem is defense and I don't see that getting fixed in one year. They have a new DC and a new scheme that I don't know they have the guys to run yet. I don't see the defense getting much better this year. Maybe they with some more intensity bc Payton is back but I don't see them being much better than last year. Brees has the tendency to throw lots of picks, if they can't create them on defense like years past its gonna be another rough year.
I've been wondering the same damn thing. People are sitting around questioning if Revis and Goldson and Banks will be good enough to turn around our defense, meanwhile the Saints did absolutely nothing outside of the draft to improve their unit that was already worse than ours. They have a new D-coordinator, which could help, but for the most part its the same awful players that crapped the bed so hard week in and week out that they made history. The pressure is going to be on Brees this year, and he's another year older. At what point does he start slowing down and his numbers downgrade from perpetually gaudy to a little more commonplace? Yes they have Brees and they have Payton back, and they aren't going to be necessarily "bad," but I'm going out on a limb and picking the Saints to occupy the NFC South's basement this year.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#96 : June 17, 2013, 01:34:40 PM

I've been wondering the same damn thing. People are sitting around questioning if Revis and Goldson and Banks will be good enough to turn around our defense, meanwhile the Saints did absolutely nothing outside of the draft to improve their unit that was already worse than ours. They have a new D-coordinator, which could help, but for the most part its the same awful players that crapped the bed so hard week in and week out that they made history. The pressure is going to be on Brees this year, and he's another year older. At what point does he start slowing down and his numbers downgrade from perpetually gaudy to a little more commonplace? Yes they have Brees and they have Payton back, and they aren't going to be necessarily "bad," but I'm going out on a limb and picking the Saints to occupy the NFC South's basement this year.

Saints are more popular in the media than the Bucs. And they have Brees.

Tobias Funke

Starter
#97 : June 17, 2013, 01:51:49 PM

Not questioning their media popularity. I'm aware of the fact that ESPN and other media outlets will always slobber over the Saints until at least Brees retires. I'm talking about more in a general sense because they seem to be favored by a lot even on here.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#98 : June 17, 2013, 01:56:58 PM

Not questioning their media popularity. I'm aware of the fact that ESPN and other media outlets will always slobber over the Saints until at least Brees retires. I'm talking about more in a general sense because they seem to be favored by a lot even on here.

I agree with that. Also ATL is as well. We played them both close last year. People seem to think that they are locks to finish ahead of the Bucs but I will say they have the better QBs and that always will increase their chances. Bucs I think have a more complete team this year. Its going to be really competitive in the South this year.

Tobias Funke

Starter
#99 : June 17, 2013, 02:00:41 PM

We can definitely surpass the Falcons this year, but I still understand why they are favored. You could make a decent case for every team in this division this year.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#100 : June 17, 2013, 02:02:32 PM

Screw the Saints. We are going to sweep them this year. Our big fish to fry will be those pigeons in Atlanta.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#101 : June 17, 2013, 03:00:37 PM

We'll just have to agree to disagree. That game carried the same meaning as a preseason game.

I agree. They may have had the thought of, "It will be good for us to roll into the playoff with a W"....but I seriously doubt that they were "all in" for that game.

Having Brees is the key...and putting him back with Payton this year will keep them in the division and playoff hunt all year long. Barring a huge injury to their offense, I don't see how the Saints are not in the playoffs next year. I could see them finishing ahead of the Falcons. They won't fix most of their defensive troubles of last year, but they will improve just enough to stay in contention and not slip more than a game or 2 under .500. The Saints are still a more superior team than the Bucs until the Bucs prove otherwise. Period.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#102 : June 17, 2013, 03:37:16 PM

Screw the Saints. We are going to sweep them this year. Our big fish to fry will be those pigeons in Atlanta.

Homer Alert !!

This homer has been drinking Buccaneer/Schiano koolaide.

We'll be talking this guy off the Sunshine Skyway midseason due to his unrealistic expectations.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#103 : June 17, 2013, 03:41:18 PM

Homer Alert !!

This homer has been drinking Buccaneer/Schiano koolaide.

We'll be talking this guy off the Sunshine Skyway midseason due to his unrealistic expectations.

Use your football knowledge and explain to me why it won't happen... Don't worry I'll wait.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#104 : June 17, 2013, 03:43:16 PM

I agree. They may have had the thought of, "It will be good for us to roll into the playoff with a W"....but I seriously doubt that they were "all in" for that game.
i apologize for kicking the dead horse...but when they were "all in" against us the only won by a single point.

but yeah, im sure they were thinking, "we already in the playoffs.  who cares if a heated division rival opponent beats us at home on our own turf?"

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: According to ESPN Bucs aren't even an option to make the playoffs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools